No announcement yet.

Official Aviation Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My album from the fire on Monday. https://www.flickr.com/photos/473099...57675161304355

Will
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
    '88 BMW M3

Comment

When the Sea Harrier was retired, the last squadron flying made a statement...

Will
      '88 BMW M3

Comment

lol
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

So I had an interesting observation the other day. I'm 99% sure I saw an Airbus A300M fly over. I heard what I thought was a C130. I looked around and could only see something large, with 4 turboprops, swept wings and a T tail flying over. This is the only thing I can come up with.

Anyone know if there was one at Fallon or perhaps Beale last week? It was headed west, about 8000 feet, on roughly the same flight path that the C5s and C17s fly when they head to (I would assume) Hawaii.

There aren't many A300s in the world, to have one here is a strange thing.

Will
          '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
            So I had an interesting observation the other day. I'm 99% sure I saw an Airbus A300M fly over. I heard what I thought was a C130. I looked around and could only see something large, with 4 turboprops, swept wings and a T tail flying over. This is the only thing I can come up with.

Anyone know if there was one at Fallon or perhaps Beale last week? It was headed west, about 8000 feet, on roughly the same flight path that the C5s and C17s fly when they head to (I would assume) Hawaii.

There aren't many A300s in the world, to have one here is a strange thing.

Will
            um.....? the pic below is what i know as an a300. is that your pic above of the airplane you saw and heard?
            Attached Files
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

A400m!

We're starting to see them in Europe, despite the problems the development is having. I think the RAF and the Spanish already have some delivered.

edit: picture from a ferry flight a few months ago, thing climbs pretty when it only has to carry 4 stewardesses:

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                um.....? the pic below is what i know as an a300. is that your pic above of the airplane you saw and heard?
                A400M not A300. Those are common. Typo on my part I'm 99% sure I saw a A400M. I'm more curious about why I saw it and where it came from.

Will
                '88 BMW M3

Comment

The world lost one of its greatest pilots and aviators last night. Rest in peace R.A. "Bob" Hoover. You will be missed.

I consider myself very lucky to have met him amazing guy, and phenomenal pilot.

Will
                  Last edited by BlackbirdM3; 10-25-2016, 12:50 PM.
                  '88 BMW M3

Comment

A400M EU's version of a C-130J but more fragile.
                    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                      The world lost one of its greatest pilots and aviators last night. Rest in peace R.A. "Bob" Hoover. You will be missed.

I consider myself very lucky to have met him amazing guy, and phenomenal pilot.

Will
                      I was just reading about this, I had never heard of him before. What an amazing person!

Hoover was a World War II fighter pilot, a former Air Force test pilot and the chase plane pilot for Chuck Yeager when he broke the sound barrier for the first time.

A crowd estimated at about 1,000 came to listen to aviation legend Bob Hoover during a special Friday Warbirds in Review.

Circling above Mobile, Ala., with the left main landing gear of the P-51 stuck halfway down, pilot Chuck Gardner got advice from aviation legend Bob Hoover.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                      Transaction feedback
                      - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                        I was just reading about this, I had never heard of him before. What an amazing person!

Hoover was a World War II fighter pilot, a former Air Force test pilot and the chase plane pilot for Chuck Yeager when he broke the sound barrier for the first time.

A crowd estimated at about 1,000 came to listen to aviation legend Bob Hoover during a special Friday Warbirds in Review.

https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/...end-bob-hoover
                        You should watch the documentary "Flying the Feathered Edge" its epic.

here is another video of him doing aerobatics.

How badass was he? Well, he was shot down in Europe during WW2 and put
                        in a prison camp. He escaped, stole a Focke Wulf 190 and flew home. He was also flying the chase plane for many of Chuck Yeager's flights in the Bell X-1 and others. The guy was amazing. Still very sharp when I saw him at Reno last month. He started the unlimited class for years at Reno, and likely saved many lives when there were emergencies. He would join up with the plane in trouble and assess the issue from his point of view, then talk the pilots down till they were on the ground. Reno will be a different place with him gone. I will miss having the opportunity to go say hello to a legend.

Will
                        '88 BMW M3

Comment

Wow I really need to find a copy of that documentary!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                          Transaction feedback
                          - jpod999

Comment

A few more pics from Reno

A few from the Nut Tree a couple weeks ago.

[IMG]https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t34.0-
                            12/14794212_10211448804402350_754093938_n.jpg?oh=e7bb a752dae16d93586644aa167596e7&oe=58147DC9[/IMG]

Will
                            '88 BMW M3

Comment

Damm. I really like 1st and last b&w
                              Originally posted by Fusion
                              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                              William Pitt-

Comment

Friday morning at work. early ick.

https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Working...
                                X