same

i call it soda

but i never drink it so i dont care!
    -alex
    i take pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by stevofthahill View Post
      I call it "mmmm mmmm this is a tasty beverage."

......and "beverage" seems to be a catch-all term for anything with alchohol in it - at least here in WA.

So unless you drink rum-n-Coke when ever you have a soda, "beverage" will get you a funny look if you order it early in the day here.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

Originally posted by 92 mtechnic cabrio View Post

has nobody on this forum seen this?!
        I seen that a couple years ago, was going to ask if anyone had or seen it.

BTW, it's pop here.

Comment

Its called pop you dumb dumbs
          Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Comment

pop ftw!
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, generally "pop" in the PNW...but I grew up in San Diego (pop or cola in my house), lived in Michigan (soda), texas (gimme a beer, fucker) and connecticut, (I am tryijng to forget I ever lived in CT)

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

And now Springtucky? You got some kind of hard-on for shitty, podunk cities, Luke?

Comment

I call it soda. Whenever I goto my relative's houses(mostly southern), they always get confused when I say it, and go "yew meen ay pop?"

91 318is

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                    I used to call it whatever particular brand of it I wanted. Now I just call it evil.
                    Truth. I tended to call it coke, but I preferred Pepsi anyways. I drink this shit maybe twice a year. IF that. I drink water and beer. Thats all.

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                    1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                    1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Originally posted by CleanAzzE30z View Post
                      I drink water and beer. Thats all.
                      exactly
                      PNW Crew
                      90 m3
                      06 m5

Comment

Soda always. When people don't understand i'd say cola or SODA-POP.

As some others here, I say a coke when I want Coca-Cola or Pepsi darn it.

But my question now is then: For those of you who are accustomed to use "coke", how do you ask or describe the type of soft-drink in question..

- Can I have a grape/orange/pineapple -coke ?
                        - There's some grape/orange/pineapple -coke in the fridge.

Originally posted by brandondan1 View Post
                        .. they always get confused when I say it, and go "yew meen ay pop?"
                        AHHHAHAHAHAHAHA I totally got into character and cracked myself up reading that

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

I hear pop all the time, I was born in Texas though, so I meet them halfway and say soda.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mtechnik View Post
                            Soda always. When people don't understand i'd say cola or SODA-POP.

As some others here, I say a coke when I want Coca-Cola or Pepsi darn it.

But my question now is then: For those of you who are accustomed to use "coke", how do you ask or describe the type of soft-drink in question..

- Can I have a grape/orange/pineapple -coke ?
                            - There's some grape/orange/pineapple -coke in the fridge.

AHHHAHAHAHAHAHA I totally got into character and cracked myself up reading that
                            In atl it doesn't really work that way. Say I am going into the gas station to get a "soda pop". I will just say I'm getting a coke. I may get a sprite, or a mr pibb. But but I refer to it as a coke. When in an eatery I say what I want. "I will have a sprite please and thank you." If someone says "can you grab me a coke" they get a coke unless specified differently. But I don't go out of my way to ask what type of "coke". Actually in any other venue like a serve yourself establishment, I ask for a "soft drink" cup.
                            It all boils down to what context I use the word.
                            I cannot stand someone with a minnesota accent or any accent from that part of the country saying "pop".
                            It sounds like "PAAAAAAAP". Annoying.
                            See this is lame. That's why I voted for ROB.
                            Yours truly,
                            Rich
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by Rigmaster
                            you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

soft drink. never call it pop, thats to american.
                              but if its coke id call it that, if its mt dew it call it that. i call it by its name

s50 downunder yo!

Comment

I hear soda the most, but pop is not uncommon by any means. I NEVER hear anyone say coke out here.

Comment

Working...
                                X