• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Save... Airbus A320

that took some seriously jockying to keep that thing in one piece
    PNW Crew
    90 m3
    06 m5

I'd put money down that those pilots had a few drinks after that.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

I think Hamburg need to re-evaluate their runway positions - LOL.

Searching youtube for "crosswind" is good times.
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
        I think Hamburg need to re-evaluate their runway positions - LOL.

Searching youtube for "crosswind" is good times.
        yes always fun, have you seen a b-52 land completely sideways in a crosswing??? most impressive! the landing gear can turn, i believe, 15 degree's so the pilot can bring it all the way to the ground in a crab. So cool!
        My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Yeah, scary. A client of mine has a Citation X (very small jet) and a few times on landing I swear I thought we were coming down sideways. I can only imagine what that must have been like in that big of a jet.
          Current Cars
          2014 M235i
          2009 R56 Cooper S
          1998 M3
          1997 M3

Comment

That's pretty crazy to see a plane that big go sideways like that. It makes sense that that could happen, but I never really thought about it. Big objects like that usually aren't affected by things like wind (like tanks for example), but a plane, regardless of size, would.

Comment

Airline Drift!

Comment

If you were a passenger, you can only hope you had a clean set of drawers in your carry on luggage.

Comment

155mph is quite the "gust".
                  Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
                  Do you feel like something is trying to penetrate your butthole?

Comment

if that plane were trying to take off sideways with a crosswind on a treadmill would it get airborne?

Comment

Originally posted by hugh jass View Post
                      if that plane were trying to take off sideways with a crosswind on a treadmill would it get airborne?
                      :rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by hugh jass View Post
                        what if the treadmill was facing into the wind!?
                        PNW Crew
                        90 m3
                        06 m5

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                          Yeah, scary. A client of mine has a Citation X (very small jet) and a few times on landing I swear I thought we were coming down sideways. I can only imagine what that must have been like in that big of a jet.
                          Citation X's give me a boner. Fastest civilian jet ftw!

Comment

that statement is not true. I sat right seat on a Gulfstream 4 and flew out of PDX in Atlanta with a Citation X taking off parallel runway headed to SAV Savannah Ga. Home of Gulfstream. Both captains placed a bet on who would get there faster. The X had a greater climb but in Cruse the gulfstream gave better true airspeed numbers...

The airbus landing was a disaster from the start. The crosswind component was way out of spec and had no business trying to land there. Should have called for a different runway or gone to the Alt airport filed in the flight plan.
                            Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

my strength of mechanical components teacher showed us this vid in class... be prepared for enyaesque music

WOW! This is a pretty cool video of a 777 & 747 SP landing in a cross winds down in Brazil. This little item shows the Boeing factory determining the demon...

Originally posted by TimKninja
                              Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Working...
                              X