Future of the Internet and "Net Neutrality"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Funkmasta View Post
    If Obama or whomever tries to regulate the ISPs, it will run them out of business.

And dont ANYONE here say that you support government issued internet access.

i.e. China

Comment

Its so much more than alot of people realize.

Check out this video.
      Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
      Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

I think the Apocalypse is near!

Comment

Originally posted by Funkmasta View Post
          wrong.

Obama NEEDS to say that he is pro-neutrality, because he has to say what people want to hear. In real life, he can't do a damn thing about it.

In real life, the businesses will still do whatever they want. It really doesnt matter, as long as there is free market. If comcast wants to charge $X to allow you to browse outside of their "core" sites... How many of your friends will remain comcast customers?
          Yeah, but you forget the monopoly that ISPS have. How many cable companies do you have in your area? We get 1, either take it or leave it. If you take it, then you can get rammed in the ass with whatever they want.

It could become completely political like oil, all the ISPs could forum a "union" like gas stations, just another reason you don't see 50 cent cheaper gas at one station vs. another.
          Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Comment

I just want Google to take over the world.
            Originally posted by Matt-B
            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Working...
            X