Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No big A-Shocks since.

Comment

I was in the ocean when it happened. Didn't even know there was an earthquake until I got out and the Jr. Lifeguard organizer was freaking out.
      Advanded Delphin Division
      My e30s: 1987 325i/1994 318iT

Comment

Funny story...I was getting in the car (2008 328i) in the parking garage to head to the yard to pick up some scraps for the 3.5 swap.

My gf and I are sitting there and I start the car the entire car starts shaking violently. I had never felt a car make that sort of shake before, plus the thing only has 10k miles on it. She panics, thinking the car is broken, while I'm looking at all of the other cars in the garage rock back and forth. By the time we both figured out what it was, turned off the car and sat there it was over. I didn't want to stick around in the parking garage if there was a larger aftershock. Nothing hit though, so that's good! Nothing was broken in the apartment either. Hope everyone made it out fine, I'm sure they did.

I'm really hoping that the big one doesn't hit until I'm outa here.
        www.ryanwhopkins.com

Comment

nearly fell of a ladder at work, good thing i was able to get off before the big surge !

Comment

Damn I'm reconsidering moving to SoCal. I love knowing that fault line is really the earth settling down from volcanic activity.

Everyone go watch "Volcano" with Tommy Lee Jones.
            Reminiscing...

Comment

It's so much fun. Earthquakes are like hitting the lottery. On the East Coast you deal with the nightmares of long term (multiple hours/days of weather).

Comment

Originally posted by 92 mtechnic cabrio View Post
                it felt like ten 300lb men jumping in my room
                Dude, that's gay

Awesome that all of you guys get to talk about it. If that happened in NC, most of would clearing trees of our cars.

Comment

But seriously, where can I buy that body kit? Under 15k preferably. Anyone?

Comment

my friend was wrenching under an evo....ive never seen someone scramble out from under a car so fast. Smart of him, as the car was rocking on the jack stands.

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
                    PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

^ I think the Snap-on jack stands are earthquake safe :p

I felt the San Jose one a little while back, it was my first, pretty damn cool.

Comment

Originally posted by blueapplesoda View Post
                        my friend was wrenching under an evo....ive never seen someone scramble out from under a car so fast. Smart of him, as the car was rocking on the jack stands.
                        HOLY SHIT! I cant even imagine having a car up on jack stands and being underneath during a quake...

As for me I was taking a mid afternoon nap with my girl...She jumped out of bed and freaked. I just laid there and took it all in.
                        tasty

Comment

Just found out my buddies 325ic fell on the front rotors b/c he had it on jackstands in his driveway. One brembo rotor is trash and on the other side the strut kind of ripped through the tower. how sad!!
                          harry/harout

Comment

Hmm... seems that there was a small(ish) 3.0 quake tonight in western WA.

Hopefully these aren't precursors to the big quake that is supposed to hit the west coast some time soon.

Comment

L.A. is just a mess of fault lines on top of one another. The real scary thing is that these fault lines are compounded and are so deep within the earth's crust that if one layer shifts, they all shift; which equals massive earthquake throughout the L.A. area.

Plus, if that happens they will create a ricochet from one length of L.A. to the other continually setting off more earthquakes. Sounds like fun.

I LurnDed on diSkovrie
                              www.ryanwhopkins.com

Comment

Dude dont say that. I hate EQ's
                                harry/harout

Comment

Working...
                                X