82 mb 300sd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 mb 300sd

I'm seriously considering buying a VERY well maintained 300SD. There's a station near me that sells B100(entirely biofuel) biodiesel for $3 a gallon. Using the basically carbon neutral fuel is one of the main reasons I'm interested. I've also read that the engine is considered the most reliable MB diesel ever built. However it has 258K miles. How much would you pay based on condition, and detailed maintenance history? Here is the description from the owner:

1982 Mercedes-Benz 300SD: Timelessly classic, orient red (dark red, like merlot), 4-door sedan. 3.0l 5-cyl turbo-diesel engine coupled with a 4-speed automatic transmission.

Some of the upgrades include Mercedes-Benz 15" chrome wheels, Mercedes-Benz / Bosch Euro H4 headlight assemblies, Mercedes-Benz floor mats, A/C retrofit to R134A, K&N air filter, leather-wrapped steering wheel, CD player, and professionally tinted windows.

Driver's door has a new window motor and a new door handle & lock assembly. Some of the other new parts include: tachometer amplifier, dash rheostat, radiator, water pump, rack damper pin, voltage regulator (alternator), air intake tube, battery, grill insert, and grill emblem.I am the third-owner, and all owners have been local to Chattanooga since the car was new.(AKA No Rust)

Meticulously and regularly serviced (including: brake lines, rotors, pads, & sensors, valve adjustments, glow plugs, filter & fluid changes, coolant system flush, diesel purge fuel system cleaning, accessory belts, hoses (fuel, power steering, breather, turbo wastegate), turbo seal rings, fuel return lines, vacuum valve levers, vacuum lines, air cleaner housing mounts, gaskets, shift linkage bushings, exhaust hangers, hood pad, sunroof seals, rear windshield seal, gas cap, oil filler cap, radiator overflow cap, bulbs, fuses, etc).

This car has been running biodiesel (both B20 and B99 blends) for several years and loving it. It is an ideal candidate for WVO or SVO conversion. Extremely clean car with no cracks in any of the glass and the paint is shiny and nearly flawless. All-season, high-mileage Michelin tires have lots of tread remaining. All service records in chronological order, including those from the previous owner.

what kind of highway mileage does this oil burner get?
    Current Cars
    2014 M235i
    2009 R56 Cooper S
    1998 M3
    1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
      what kind of highway mileage does this oil burner get?
      I've read 26 city, 32+ highway. Everywhere seems to say 30+mpg highway.

Comment

GREAT cars. Check out the www.benzworld.com W126 forum for more info.

$3000
        '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Great cars, diesel Mercedes-Benzes will run for a lifetime. Their Achilles' Heel: vacuum-powered everything.
          - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
          E36 325i sedan
          E30 325i sedan
          Volvo 945T

Comment

I saw their crazy a/c and heater box, my god vacuum lines everywhere lol
            Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Yes, I've read about vacuum issues, however this owner has replaced virtually every vacuum line in the last couple of years. He has a folder of maintenance that is at least 2 inches thick in chronological order, which includes things even from previous owner(he is only 3rd owner). He even keeps a spreadsheet of every detail he has ever done to the car including ever fill-up and mileage. Completely anal, which is what i like in an owner I'm buying a 26 year old car from. Right now he is asking ~3750, which is a lot compared to other 300sd's that i've seen, but this one is 10x better looking and has a much better history than any I've seen.

I have been checking out benzworld for the last couple of days to get more info. He seems to have addressed every major issue that owners complain about on there. I'm also been impressed with their fanaticism of this model that rivals E30 owners.

Comment

In that case buy it
                Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

If its as well maintained as you say, I'd jump at the opportunity. Good candidate to convert to bio or make it a greasel burner. Nothing like french fry scented exhaust.

Jon
                  Rides...
                  1991 325i - sold :(
                  2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Does the sale include the hemorrhoid pad in the drivers seat? :)

Nice car, great idea. I'd say pull the trigger.
                    My new blog site: http://www.tomperso.com

Comment

Working...
                    X