The Economy Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by netcsk View Post
    You two are going to have a good day. With all the dumping into the banks yesterday, its going to recover a bit today. I'd just pull out at the end of the day :)
    Im waiting for some dividends to payout in the middle of October, then Ill be in and out.

Comment

The Economy always tanks several months after a Minimum wage hike is implemented.

Their is a direct correlation between the two.
      sigpic
      1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
      Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.
      Previous E30: 1986 5 spd. 325es/Delphin Gray/Black Leather/191k

Comment

Originally posted by netcsk View Post
        You two are going to have a good day. With all the dumping into the banks yesterday, its going to recover a bit today. I'd just pull out at the end of the day :)
        I didn't wait that long. I pulled out when I made 20% in one day on Wachovia. I could have gone til it was 50%. I was a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles.

Oh well, hindsight is 20/20.

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
          I didn't wait that long. I pulled out when I made 20% in one day on Wachovia. I could have gone til it was 50%. I was a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles.

Oh well, hindsight is 20/20.
          nope, you just didn't get greedy. never get greedy. :)
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Wow, read this ghay bullshit:

I dont see how the market is gonna level itself with this kinda regulatory crap?

Comment

Originally posted by Money$hift View Post
              Wow, read this ghay bullshit:

I dont see how the market is gonna level itself with this kinda regulatory crap?
              But why should anything or anyone do something for itself? That is what the government is for, right?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                nope, you just didn't get greedy. never get greedy. :)
                I know. It's just hard knowing I'd now have doubled my money since it went up 100% and I was right when I bought it but didn't know how far to go... (bought at 9.22, went up to 19 today so far)

I have a few others though I'm waiting on to regain

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWing6 View Post
                  But why should anything or anyone do something for itself? That is what the government is for, right?
                  :rofl:

Comment

I made a buttload of money on JPM, FITB and finally AIG today.

Comment

econemys warefar: exploeds!
                      Not that I care, of course.

Comment

This latest go-round featured hedge-fund operators, leveraged-buyout boys (who took to calling themselves "private-equity firms") and whiz-kid quants who devised and plugged in those new financial instruments, creating a financial Frankenstein the likes of which we had never seen. Great new fortunes were made, and with them came great new hubris. The newly minted masters of the universe even had the nerve to defend their ridiculous income tax break — much of the private-equity managers' piece of their investors' profits is taxed at the 15% capital-gains rate rather than at the normal top federal income tax rate of 35% — as being good for society. ("Hey, we're creating wealth — cut us some slack.")
                        Man, I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing/thinking this.

Time is on fire today.

-Charlie
                        Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
                        '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
                        FYYFF

Comment

perfect time to buy a foreclosure house and have it paid off in a year, lol

Comment

by the way, am I the only person who thinks that government should bail out people and not businesses? If they split all that money to tax payers, we could be in good hands as a country. Most people pay off they mortgage, and pay back the government loan in raised individual tax. Bad idea? Let companies collapse, and buy them out, not bail them out.

Comment

Bought 1000 more shares of AIG on margin this morning. Nothing like making $300 in 5 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
                                by the way, am I the only person who thinks that government should bail out people and not businesses? If they split all that money to tax payers, we could be in good hands as a country. Most people pay off they mortgage, and pay back the government loan in raised individual tax. Bad idea? Let companies collapse, and buy them out, not bail them out.

You're half way there...why not let people pay for their mistakes? If the business, person, whoever does something and gets in over their head why should my or your tax dollars go to pay for their house? Government bailouts elimiate risk by using our tax dollars to elimate those risks. Whether it is the risk of offering lowns to people that cant pay it or taking out a loan you cannot pay, my tax dollars are not designed for that.

Let the companies collapse, investors will come in and buy them out, everyone will not lose their houses like everyone thinks, maybe our country will begin to have somewhat of a work ethic again, ?????, PROFIT!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X