OMG Gas prices in NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG Gas prices in NC

-Where else is gas going crazy in the southeastern US? Gas prices have almost DOUBLED in two days here, and 75% of stations are out of gas. Everyone paniced before the hurricane hit, made a mad dash for gas, and high demand + limited supply = you know what.
    -Average price in Winston-Salem: over $5.00 (for 87 oct!) I got lucky and topped off at $3.99 early this morning as AS I PULLED AWAY the price went to $4.29/gal.

Holy crap batman
    1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

gas prices in my little part of town was 3.31 when i topped off yesturday!.. who knows what the price is now
    Operation S/C E39M5.:woowoo:

Comment

5.00+ around in greensboro. Weird stuff.

'90 325i

Comment

87 was 1.469/ L when I came home yesterday.. thats only $5.50 a gallon no worries!

Comment

i just got gas because im thinking its going to rise. at chevron for regular its 3.75..as of right now. it rose 4 cents yesterday.
          M Coupe

Comment

$3.79 for 87 in Mississippi today.
            Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by SpecM View Post
              -Where else is gas going crazy in the southeastern US? Gas prices have almost DOUBLED in two days here, and 75% of stations are out of gas. Everyone paniced before the hurricane hit, made a mad dash for gas, and high demand + limited supply = you know what.
              -Average price in Winston-Salem: over $5.00 (for 87 oct!) I got lucky and topped off at $3.99 early this morning as AS I PULLED AWAY the price went to $4.29/gal.

Holy crap batman
              I new it was coming so I filled up at Sams club yesterday $3.70 for 93. Texaco a few days ago was $3.57 for 87, this morning it was $3.99 and I just drove by there and it went to $4.29. $5 is crazy.............
              Kevin

www.seatkit.com New Site first week of April 2011
              Your DIY upholstery source
              e30tech forum sponsor
              E46 uphosltery kits coming soon..........
              kchinn@creativeoptions.info

Comment

Damn, I feel good about that fact that gas(which is generally pretty high here) is only 3.63 for 91. Filled up last night, but we'll see how we are affected by all this.

Comment

How much of a spike in the price of fuel is going to vary greatly depending on your location and refinery capacity which is still in production. There are literally dozens of them in the Houston/Galveston area which are responsible for producing over 50% of what this country uses daily. Other regions may have refineries in their area so the impact of the storm might not be as severe....again, it all depends on where you are at and where your source is. Out here on the left coast I haven't seen much of a increase in the price of fuel yet, but it might change by next week. Thankfully I topped off the tank last Wednesday night and I haven't driven much since then so I'll be ok for the time being.

I've been watching some of the post-storm coverage in southern Texas and power has been knocked out to millions - whole grids are down. If these refineries are affected by the power outage (nevermind having suffered any storm damage), it may be a few days or more before they get back on line and resume business as usual.
                  Rides...
                  1991 325i - sold :(
                  2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Originally posted by Jon325i View Post
                    There are literally dozens of them in the Houston/Galveston area which are responsible for producing over 50% of what this country uses daily.
                    Really that much? I was thinking it was closer to 20%, which is still significant, but not half.

EDIT:

I was close, 21%.
                    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                      Really that much? I was thinking it was closer to 20%, which is still significant, but not half.

EDIT:

I was close, 21%.
                      Good info with that link. I was going off of a blurb I heard on MSNBC....that was probably my first mistake.
                      Rides...
                      1991 325i - sold :(
                      2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Do refineries operate on the electrical power grid? It seems like it would be more cost effective and profitable to generate their own power being that they have the raw energy at their disposal.

Comment

It's all Al Qaeda's fault.
                          | Jimmy | 1999 M3 | 1986 325 ES |

Comment

Yeah, it was 3.99 here for regular yesterday. Jumped to over 4.70+ in places today. Sucks.
                            Its ok though, I don't have a car right now as mine is getting painted :).

Comment

same thing happened 3 years ago after katrina, i happened to get gas yesterday cause i was on R, it was 4.19 at the BP on Gorman. seemed like a regular price to me
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                              Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Working...
                              X