My life completely changed forever today....(Updated w/ pictures now! Pg.1)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mtechnik
    replied
    Originally posted by CleanAzzE30z

    Yes. My mom is so unbelievably happy. Thanks for the kind words man. It really means a lot.

    Mariano

    Anytime ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • mattdk318i
    replied
    congrats buddy!!

    Leave a comment:


  • AndrewBird
    replied
    Congrats Mariano!

    Leave a comment:


  • CleanAzzE30z
    replied
    Originally posted by Mot
    serious congrats broski. She gonna be in attendance to Bfest 09 haha... She is very lucky to have you and your girl as parents.
    Ive heard this quite a bit. Can you elaborate? As in, why is she lucky with us in particular? Thanks man.

    Originally posted by e30e
    Parent hood has been a blast for me so far, I was so happy to buy my daughter her z3 little kid car. Congrats! Read to her all the time and talk to her all the time, you would be so surprise how much smarter they are.
    Oh you have no idea. Im going to buy that car, and so many other things that Ive wanted but really had no justification for getting. Until now. Playing with toys, going to toy stores, etc. Im not going to be one of those parents that treats a girl how society usually treats them by only getting them dolls and everything has to be in pink and shit. Ill let her choose, but I will offer her everything, ya know?

    Originally posted by h0lmes
    Just wait till she hits puberty. Girls turn into the flesh eating spawn of Satan
    Yeah thats a huge fear I have, and its a big reason I didnt want to have kids for a while. If this girl does HALF the shit I or my wife did to ourselves and to our parents, I dont know how Ill handle it. But fuck it, its part of the deal ya know? It will make us stronger as individuals and as a family I suppose. Ill worry about that when it gets here.

    Originally posted by Bob87
    congrats man:)!!! welcome to fatherhood! ive got 4 of them ( 3 BOY'S) , the eldest is 20, 16, 11, and the youngest is 7( princess) . my eldest rolls with me with our monthly meet in van nuys and my second son has his own but does not drive yet on his own. it's cool when you become friends with them later and share the same passion for cars like we do ( e30's ) as my elder friend told me once embrace them now while their young coz in time you can't anymore as often as you want. goodluck and enjoy them.
    I cannot wait for that. Im glad you mentioned that, by the way. As its something that will really make me happy later on. Even if she doesnt neccessarily share the same passions as I. Perhaps she'll get ME into other stuff to interest me.

    Originally posted by mtechnik

    Your parents are now grandparents for the first time too no?
    Yes. My mom is so unbelievably happy. Thanks for the kind words man. It really means a lot.

    Originally posted by sticksdaman
    congrats... so does this mean we'll be seeing less of you on the boards?
    If that does happen it wont be my decision. I dont know as of yet, but I dont think it will happen. Ill always find time to post and read up.

    Originally posted by femme325is
    Your going to fall in love in a way you have never felt. She's your Magnum Opus, your masterpiece! Everything will be much clearer from now on ;) It's an incredible thing.

    And remember, little girls are ALWAYS daddys girls. I was a daddys girl and ended up in love with euro cars just like my dad :P SO keep your fave car around for her 16th B-Day! ;)
    Ive already fallen in love like I have never believed. Your situation would be ideal for me. Itd be great if she liked european cars, but thats just a bonus, ya know? And you better believe Ill be keeping my car around!!! I was planning on doing that whether I had a child or not! haha

    Originally posted by M42Technik
    Wow Mariano congrats!! Very happy for you and your new family! Just make sure you give her an E30 to drive for her first car, okay? :up:
    I wouldnt have it any other way. Im sure there will be plenty still around in 16 years. Or I can give her my 325. Thats gonna be HARD!!

    Originally posted by mikeedler
    just think, in a few years you will have a co pilot for the car shows--- emily is mine the last few years.

    just wait, the excitement and feelings are really yet to come-- first word, walking, breaking stuff.
    Oh hell yeah. I cant wait to start bringing her to the shows and meets and things. She will be coming for Bimmerfest in 2009!

    Originally posted by regnu
    Congrats Mariano!!!

    After reading your post and through this thread I am thinking maybe having a kid in my mid-late thirties won't be as bad a thing after all. I always thought if I did have kids I would want them before I turned 30. I don't want to be the 60yr old dad putting a kid through collage or not able to run around with them due to my joints failing in old age.

    BTW no one gets to tell my wife this. She is still on the fence about having a rug rat and I want to keep all my toys and lack of responsibilities. It is comforting to know that if it does happen to me I won't care about any of that once he/she arrives.

    Thanks.
    Hey man I know exactly what you mean. I also wasnt planning on having kids till maybe a few more years. I didnt think I was ready. Everyone kept telling me "Dude, NO ONE is ready to have a kid" in which case, I was REALLY not ready haha. Its not so much that I dont car about my ///M3 or beer or whatever, but she shot up to the top of the list without questions asked or any decision being made. I of course still will avoid at all costs that whole "Oh Im getting a house so I need to sell my ///M3". I see a lot of my friends do that and I have disagreed with that forever. It sucks and neother my wife or myself believe that one should give up so much of what one loves. Because then youre just unhappy. My wife completely knows and understand how I am. Im a big kid. I wouldnt have married her if she was the kind of woman that was thinking she could control when I go out, when I drink, when I have fun with the boys, etc. Your basic societal/TV scenario when the guy is like a prisoner and getting a minivan and completely stripped of his balls. No fucking way, not for me. And Julie knows that and actually agrees with me about how fucked up that is. It just breeds resentment and unhappiness.


    It really means a lot to me the content and sincerity of all of your comments, guys. Thanks a lot. It shows me that were not just "car buddies", but real friends to a degree. Seriously, thanks so much for your support and your input.



    Mariano

    Leave a comment:


  • MikeK
    replied
    Congrats Pops! :)

    Leave a comment:


  • regnu
    replied
    Congrats Mariano!!!

    After reading your post and through this thread I am thinking maybe having a kid in my mid-late thirties won't be as bad a thing after all. I always thought if I did have kids I would want them before I turned 30. I don't want to be the 60yr old dad putting a kid through collage or not able to run around with them due to my joints failing in old age.

    BTW no one gets to tell my wife this. She is still on the fence about having a rug rat and I want to keep all my toys and lack of responsibilities. It is comforting to know that if it does happen to me I won't care about any of that once he/she arrives.

    Thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • mikeedler
    replied
    Congratulations!

    just think, in a few years you will have a co pilot for the car shows--- emily is mine the last few years.

    just wait, the excitement and feelings are really yet to come-- first word, walking, breaking stuff.

    Leave a comment:


  • M42Technik
    replied
    Wow Mariano congrats!! Very happy for you and your new family! Just make sure you give her an E30 to drive for her first car, okay? :up:

    Leave a comment:


  • Teaguer
    replied
    Congrats mang ! :up:

    Leave a comment:


  • SpecM
    replied
    good idea Furg

    I'll say that the Bud American Ale I downed a couple of hours ago was for you too

    btw it was nasty

    Leave a comment:


  • T3rd Ferguson
    replied
    I'm drinking your fav just for you Mariano.

    Miller lite.

    haha!

    Andy

    Leave a comment:


  • eric (^__^)
    replied
    grats! Here's to your first banana diaper.

    Leave a comment:


  • femme325is
    replied
    Congrats Mariano.

    We has our first 10 months ago and that day has forever changed our lives. We live and breathe every day for her. To make our home better for her, to introduce the sights and sounds of this crazy world to her open mind, every waking moment is spent with her and our moments apart are spent thinking of her. Your going to fall in love in a way you have never felt. She's your Magnum Opus, your masterpiece! Everything will be much clearer from now on ;) It's an incredible thing.

    And remember, little girls are ALWAYS daddys girls. I was a daddys girl and ended up in love with euro cars just like my dad :P SO keep your fave car around for her 16th B-Day! ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • Jesse30
    replied
    congratulations mariano. :)

    Leave a comment:


  • Miano
    replied
    Oh happy day!

    Leave a comment:

Working...