Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

am i the only one that thinks hillary is a bad choice for secstate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

am i the only one that thinks hillary is a bad choice for secstate?

I voted for Barack Obama. Seemed like a smart fellow. But picking Hillary for heading up State? I mean this seems like political suicide to me. I know mindless dems will harp she has 30 years experience blah blah. But seriously. State will have to deal with a myriad of issues, iraq, afghanistan, ballistic missile defense, russia, the balkans, chinese military buildup, and my biggest shitstorm, PAKISTAN. Dick Lugar, Jim Baker, bob zoellick, Chuck hagel, sam nunn, richard holbrooke. Any of these guys would be more than qualified for the gig. but clinton? fuck. dumb. shit. ass.
    sigpic

agreed. Particularly when her husband can't keep her mouth shut, and his private investments and "charities" have donors that the U.S. officially doesn't condone or support. Could make for a sticky situation...

I thought you guys wanted change, and he wants Sec. of State to be a Clinton?
    sigpic89 M3

Comment

Mr. e30sd, she dodged sniper fire landing in Bosnia. Dodging live bullets is a lot different than dodging rock salt on the way to sexing up e30rcr's flat-ass girlfriend, for your information.
      -OVULATOR (as named by jflip2002)

Past Cars: Schwarz 1990 325i-2 (crashed), Calypsorot 1991 325i-2 Sport (rear ended)
      Now: Blake-stitched mediocrity :(

Comment

thanks blunt
        sigpic

Comment

yeah, not a cool move.

I would have liked to see Wesley Clark instead. I don't even think he was vetted though... too bad.

Instagram
          sigpic
          Current: 99 M3
          Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Originally posted by e30sd View Post
            thanks blunt

that's not blunt. ;)

Comment

Comment

ya, I think its a terrible choice! I have no idea who would support this, even my all believing dem friends think this is questionable... We have much renewed clout in the international scene thanks to the world loving Obama, but I feel Hillary will piss it away rather quickly.

So much for change right, half his cabinet is gonna end up ex Clinton adviser's.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mot View Post

So much for change right, half his cabinet is gonna end up ex Clinton adviser's.....
                  the masses actually believed that?

oh well, i think the honeymoon is almost over.
                  My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

what exactly did you do in pakistan to make it such a shitstorm
                    Not that I care, of course.

Comment

Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Having picked Hillary Clinton is not necessarely a bad choice. She has a lot of sympathy and contacts at the international level. But her only handicap is her dick of a husband. He shoud learn to shut up and disapear. His mandate ended long ago, along with his semen in Monica's throat.

Let's remember that Obama's strategy is to unite, not segregate. He's even going to bring John McCain in his ranks. His iea is not to keep on th bickering or work for one party or the other. Mainly it is to unite and rebuild America.
                        Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                          Having picked Hillary Clinton is not necessarely a bad choice. She has a lot of sympathy and contacts at the international level. But her only handicap is her dick of a husband. He shoud learn to shut up and disapear.
                          This is true - Hillary is well known in the political scene so this may serve as a benefit with international ties. I still don't agree with her political ideology, she seems more left than moderate. And then there's her desire to get involved in things which she was not voted into doing.....like in early 1993 when she tried to nationalize healthcare during her husbands' first term as president. The country had voted for him, but she was quick to make waves as first lady and I think that came back to bite her some. Another point about her which doesn't sit well with me was her bait-n-switch of which name she campaigned under. First she was Hillary Clinton during her husbands' presidency. Then as senator of New York, she became Hillary Rodham....obviously trying to distance herself from her past. Now she's Hillary Clinton again. If someone can't maintain consistency on which name they choose to be referenced by, what does that say about their character and their ability to make decisions consistent with what she's campaigned on before?

Although Obama is trying to be the great uniter and bring change, there are a number of people on his short list of cabinet positions which are refugees from the Clinton administration. Depending on how many he actually appoints, it could almost be like having a third term of the Clinton years. So much for "change".

Jon
                          Rides...
                          1991 325i - sold :(
                          2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

fuck- what was that movie ...action flick, there is a tribunal, future based, like equilibrium or stalone movie or something... fuck. i can't remember - was gonna hunt down a picture of the tribunal (elders) or whatever they are, i've got a photographic memory and can see it in my head but can't remember the specifics so i can post a picture.

one judge or whatever is this black guy and then this old hag and then someone else - fuck. i fail. :(
                            ...what hasn’t been done to an m20 yet?

m20 Oil Stencil

Comment

Originally posted by LEANE30 View Post
                              fuck- what was that movie ...action flick, there is a tribunal, future based, like equilibrium or stalone movie or something... fuck. i can't remember - was gonna hunt down a picture of the tribunal (elders) or whatever they are, i've got a photographic memory and can see it in my head but can't remember the specifics so i can post a picture.

one judge or whatever is this black guy and then this old hag and then someone else - fuck. i fail. :(

Demolition Man, Judge Dredd?

Comment

Working...
                              X