Annoying computer issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annoying computer issue.

Everytime I go to google and search something and click on a link, I get redirected to some bull shit spam site. Used Highjack This, found nothing, SpyBot S&D stopped working so I uninstalled it and tried reinstalling it but when it tries to get the updated install files it tries to connect to 127.0.0.1 and then gives me an error, AVG Antivirus found some shit and got rid of it then started crashing on me so I uninstalled it and went to go to the site, AVG.com and Firefox and IE say they can not load the site but when I use a proxy, hidemyass.com, it loaded the site with no problem, Windows Defender doesn't find anything either. What in the hell is going on here? And the computer is Windows XP and there are no available Restores for this month.

Thanks in advance!

& cocks. Inb4 an hero & reformat.

i dont know what "& cocks. Inb4 an hero & reformat." means, but i think you should reformat your computer after saving the files you need/want. reformatting is like getting a brand new computer, it's great.
    http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Laptop is Windows XP Pro and I don't has a Pro CD.

Comment

Whatever the fuck this thing is, it won't let me get to Ad-Aware's website or update AVG and it keeps crashing AVG. So I was able to download Ad-Aware 2008 and the god damn thing would not let it update so I'm just scanning now hoping it will find something

Comment

go to mininova.org and "aqquire window xp pro" burn to cd and your set.

Turbo M42 Build thread:
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=169672

Comment

fix

go to Start > Run and type "msconfig" without the quotes

Head over to the Startup tab, everything that's checked is what runs when your computer starts up. It is safe to uncheck everything, but you want to keep the things that are obvious (zonealarm, antivirus, aim, etc.) Uncheck everything that isn't completely obvious that you need. In your case, the "virus" or "malware" that you got is probably named something very strange, like "ep20xmd" and has a location of "system32" or something like that.

After you've done all that and restarted, check that list again and see if any of the ones you unchecked came back... if so you have a more serious problem that's pretty technical on how to remove. In a short answer, you need to find that item's process using task manager, end it, then delete the file on your HD manually while the process is ended (this prevents the "this file cannot be deleted because it is in use" message)

Hope this helps...

Comment

I recently had what seems to be the same shit happen to my laptop. the laptop is dragging ridiculously and a full size spam page pops up every so often. Sometimes a window opens on its own and keeps opening mulitple tabs. Whatever this shit is, it even deleted all of my restore points. Fkng pisses me off. Neither ad-aware, nor spybot, nor AVG successfully removes whatever the fk it is. Seems it's even disabled automatic updates.

So, I have no choice. I've backed everything up and will run the recovery discs. I will then spend all day running updates and shit on MS's site.

Comment

Start in safe mode an then try to download and install Ad-Aware.

Comment

AN HERO.

Nah, download spyware doctor and get a crack for it. Cleans up everything including Antivirus 2008
                  Advanded Delphin Division
                  My e30s: 1987 325i/1994 318iT

Comment

Here is what I have done so far: Disabled everything at start up, run Highjack This multiple times, found a couple unsafe DLL executions and deleted them, now when I boot into normal mode, the log in window doesn't come up so I have to use Safemode, Ad-Aware finally update itself but still did not find anything, there is nothing bad running in my Windows Task Manager, I'll try that other program suggested here.

Comment

Big surprise, I can't get to www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor without using a friggen proxy.

Comment

backup. reformat using XP Pro... which you may be able to get CHEAP from user "achtung" I believe is his name on here. Check the for sale section.

cheap as in 50 bucks. do it.

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
                        HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
                        **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Comment

boot in safe mode and www.trend.com use "house call" its free and should clean you up.
                          Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Comment

Working...
                          X