Phoenix highway speed cameras.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phoenix highway speed cameras.

Now I only visited, well actually drove through and I noticed a shit ton of flashes going off from what I guessed where speed cameras.
    Also when I was there I noticed the sneaky ass cops riding the number 4 lane at 60 waiting for faster cars in number one lane to out pace them, they would pace them from lane 1 and I guess when they had there fix.. BOOOM. pulled over.

So whats the deal, why is your freeway so strict? Or was I just out on a bad weekend.

PS: speed camera worked very well, since I couldn't see them I went 65 the whole time. awesome looking city BTW.

One word...Janet "bitch waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles" Napolitano. Not only do we deal with her and the cameras, but we have to deal with Sheriff Joe Arpaiao also.

However, Janet has been appointed to a secretary of "something" position within Obama's office and Jan Brewer is next in line for the governor. Brewer hates the speed cameras so we'll see what happens over the next few months.

Comment

Oh, I see what she did there.

Comment

yeah... Napolitano promised fiscal responsibility in the wake of a pretty shitty Republican governor and is now in the hole something like 2 billion $$... and relies on speed cameras and other traffic violations to pay for it.
        sigpic89 M3

Comment

Get a radar detector, it'll yell at you so you can slow down and not trigger the camera.

FYI if you drive through california you'll probably see those signs that tell you your speed, some of them will flash at you. These are not cameras, just designed to look like them. Speed enforcement isnt legal in California.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
          i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
          Originally posted by slammin.e28
          Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post
            Get a radar detector, it'll yell at you so you can slow down and not trigger the camera.

FYI if you drive through california you'll probably see those signs that tell you your speed, some of them will flash at you. These are not cameras, just designed to look like them. Speed enforcement isnt legal in California.
            That won't help too much in Arizona.

Fixed cameras don't use radar, they use strips in the ground to measure speed.

Non-fixed (Ford Explorers/Vans) use radar and are normally scattered all around the freeway. They still have the warning signs though.
            Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post

Non-fixed (Ford Explorers/Vans) use radar and are normally scattered all around the freeway. They still have the warning signs though.
              Even the mobile vans use a ridiculously weak radar signal so most of the time you're right on top of them before you even get a warning.

Comment

True. my V1 doesn't go off at all.
                Yours truly,
                Rich
                sigpic
                Originally posted by Rigmaster
                you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Speed enforcement isnt legal in California.
                  Even I knew they dont work off radar, and the cops can do Whatever they want. speed enforcement and what have you.

Comment

Originally posted by Tree18is View Post
                    Even I knew they dont work off radar, and the cops can do Whatever they want. speed enforcement and what have you.
                    I said camera speed enforcement.

Moral of this story?

Comment

I said camera speed enforcement.

oh allright, but they deffintly work! I didnt see one asshole on the whole freeway through phoenix, LA might crumble should those things ever arrive..

Comment

FYI: http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...ay-end-az.html

Moral of this story?

Comment

This is exactly what I'm hoping for. Red light running cameras, and speed cameras at intersections within the city I'm completely for. In a recent statistic, the cameras had issued ~60,000 tickets, of those tickets only 8,000 were paid.

Most people know if you receive a photo radar ticket that you must be physically served with the ticket to actually have to pay it.

As well, the freeway cameras suck because most people will still cruise at 80+ mph until they come up on the cameras, then they will then slam on their brakes and once passed the cameras, speed back up. It's not good for traffic flow whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post

/scratches head.

Wouldn't the fact that all cars have different wheelbase sizes affect the accuracy of the readout on speeds if they're in fact, using strips on the freeway?

Seems easy to fight this in court.
                            tasty

Comment

Sigh....

If it were only that easy.

It only measures the FRONT axle/ wheels.

Comment

Working...
                              X