Let's get serious about pot legalization.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jon325i
    replied
    Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
    Everyone assumes they know my stance, so here it is, Pot - its what's for breakfast.
    Fixed :-P

    Leave a comment:


  • Intro
    replied
    Pot should be made legal, have it taxed and make some extra revenue for the country. But there are too many people out there who think they know better than you, about whats good for you (being stereotypical here : Pro-lifers). Its your body you should be able to do what you want.

    Leave a comment:


  • maniacmatt
    replied
    In Canada a number of years ago there was a motion not to legalize pot but to de-criminalize it.

    The proposal was that simple possesion of marijuana under a certain amount, I believe the discussed amount was 4 grams, would no longer be a criminal offense. Instead you could be given a ticket like speeding. Possesion of larger quantities was still a criminal offense if there was determined to be intent to distribute.

    As someone who doesn't smoke weed I had absolutely no problem with the proposal and would have supported it even though it didn't affect me. I just don't see the big deal with marijuana. I think there are more dangerous things that are legal. In my personal opinion alcohol is as dangerous. I know a number of people who smoke weed and I know even more who drink. I know a few roudy drunks too, however no-one I know who smokes weed gets roudy when they're high and I have never seen a couple of stoners start a fight. Totally different issue I know but thats just my opinion.

    Leave a comment:


  • eric (^__^)
    replied
    And perhaps the greatest thing to come from the legalization of marajuana:

    the deconstruction of weed "culture"

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    Everyone assumes they know my stance, so here it is, ___________________________.

    Leave a comment:


  • eric (^__^)
    replied
    Originally posted by brandon11130
    the dems would legalize pot, that would be perfect, a society of lazy government dependant workers, that are always hungry.
    if you don't know any hard working people who toke up on the weekends, I feel bad for you son

    Leave a comment:


  • Holland
    replied
    And I just watched Pineapple Express last night, lol

    Leave a comment:


  • brandon11130
    replied
    the dems would legalize pot, that would be perfect, a society of lazy government dependant workers, that are always hungry.

    Leave a comment:


  • eric (^__^)
    replied
    get some of that medical shit on the market maaaan

    Leave a comment:


  • Rigmaster
    replied
    I don't consider myself a liberal or a conservative- I think I'm a mix of both.

    I am for legalization of pot simply because I think too many of our country's resources are wasted on pretending to enforce the current pot laws and then dealing with those who are charged with breaking the laws.

    I don't smoke pot, haven't done so in about 20+ years, and even then it was used only occasionally. I will say again what I've said before- I think pot smoking is something that you have a little fun with in your teens and 20's, but if you're still smoking pot in your 30's and above, I think you're officially a pothead. I think if I smoked pot now I would weigh 400 lbs and never get anything done.

    But hey, it's a free country, right? If they legalize it and you want to smoke every minute of every day- go for it!!!

    I do think they should tax the hell out of it..... like $5 per joint, and use the tax proceeds to develop an affordable 5 lug conversion for E30's.

    Leave a comment:


  • TwoJ's
    replied
    It is really ridiculous that someone might ridiculed for wanting to legalize it. That is just how it is here though, so meh.

    I used to smoke a lot of weed in my younger years. I don't anymore simply because it's not as fun for me anymore. Just doesn't do it for me. But I do think it should be legalized, and there are a number of different reasons why it doesn't make sense that it is illegal. It's just a stigma.

    I would MUCH rather be a stoner than an alcoholic.

    Leave a comment:


  • h0lmes
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Janderson
    I wasn't talking about me. Enjoy your death by fire.
    I have a feeling that even the conservatives on this board are in favor of pot legalization. It is not just a liberal cause.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    I wasn't talking about me. Enjoy your death by fire.

    Leave a comment:


  • h0lmes
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Janderson
    I'm going to go ahead and have this thread coated in Nomex.

    Tom, I hope you're prepared to never be taken seriously here again.
    Why? Because I think pot should be legalized? That's a pretty ridiculous reason to not be taken seriously.

    Leave a comment:


  • eric (^__^)
    replied
    people get taken seriously here?

    Leave a comment:

Working...