Let's get serious about pot legalization.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sean5294
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoJ's
    It is really ridiculous that someone might ridiculed for wanting to legalize it. That is just how it is here though, so meh.

    I used to smoke a lot of weed in my younger years. I don't anymore simply because it's not as fun for me anymore. Just doesn't do it for me. But I do think it should be legalized, and there are a number of different reasons why it doesn't make sense that it is illegal. It's just a stigma.

    I would MUCH rather be a stoner than an alcoholic.
    Completely agree.

    But I don't smoke anymore, so I just like to enjoy a good beer with dinner.

    Leave a comment:


  • imsotyerred
    replied
    Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
    That's the thing, if it becomes legal, there won't be a "your guy". No need for an illegal market. Do you see an illegal cigarette market in the US? Illegal perennial flower bulb market?
    yes. people run the illegal market by buying lots of cheap cigs (in VA for instance) and then run them up to new york where they can fetch the price of $4 or $5 /pack because that's still way cheaper than cigs sell for at stores in ny

    so there is an illegal market for tobacco and there would be, similarly, for marijuana (should it be legalized and treated as tobacco...)

    Leave a comment:


  • Collin
    replied
    Here's an article written by motherfucking Garrison Keillor. You know, Prairie Home Companion guy?

    http://www.tikkun.org/rabbi_lerner/inprisonformarijuana

    Even he thinks Marijuana laws in this country are a farce.

    Go to any bar on a saturday night (or even better a tuesday night) and see the awesome and totally legal effects of alcohol.

    Come to my apartment on a saturday night (or even better a tuesday night) and watch the totally boring and illegal effects of marijuana.

    These include but are not limited to: I just ate all my toaster struedels, I don't mind sitting through "what not to wear" with my girl, I totally destroy all newbs at COD4, and I do all my laundry slightly slower than I normally would.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kman
    replied
    Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
    Imagine, a $90.00 3.5g "Serving" that costs $17.36 for taxes, plus $127.50 every six months for the "License", and has the quality of mid level New Jersey Taxi Driver ass crack greens.

    i aint payin 90$ for an 1/8th, it could be the bombest shit, i aint doin it

    Leave a comment:


  • OrganicMechanic
    replied
    support the motion to de-criminalize.--Yes

    support motion to legalize--yes the revenue raised could pay for all these govt. programs.

    more to add later.

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    1. Distribution: If weed were to be legalized, you can bet that every major alcohol distributor/manufacturer has a "backup plan", because a significant part of the world would perfer to smoke rather than drink...you can bet your ass that the big dogs (busch, coors, whoever) are ready to distribute immediately.

    2. Quality: Simple answer, quality will go up, price will go down.

    Ever heard of "Bathtub Gin"? No one makes their own hard alcohol, basically. Weed is easier to grow than alcohol is to make, but either way, quality and price will be improved dramatically.

    As far as the debate between the 'mental issues" that weed causes...fucking DUH! "Antimotivational"...ever seen someone with wet brain? Ever heard of Chirrosis?

    C'mon, we all know weed is not as bad for a human as alcohol.

    Luke

    Leave a comment:


  • Jordan325iC
    replied
    I posted this on bimmerforums:

    Alcohol is far more damaging potential than weed to the body and the senses (this is not debatable, it is a fact).

    The difference between weed and alcohol is that alcohol is woven into the social fabric. Mankind has been engaging in alcohol consumption for thousands of years. Marijuana is a relatively new drug for most of the world, so societies often resist it because it is harmful and foreign. Prohibition didn't work not because it was a bad idea, but because EVERYBODY had grown up with alcohol use and it was a socially acceptable practice.

    I am not one of those that honestly believes that weed is good for you or any nonsense like that. I have friends who have definitely become dumber over years of weed usage. However, there are also many people who have drank themselves into terribles states as well, not to mention the incredible amount of accidents that occur because of drunk driving.

    The question is, why should weed be illegal when alcohol is not? The government should have a logical stance on the legality of substances. Recreational drugs should be held to a certain threshold of harmfulness in order to determine legality, not the arbitrary system that is in place now.

    Leave a comment:


  • matt40567
    replied
    u got my vote.

    Leave a comment:


  • deutschman
    replied
    legalize it

    Leave a comment:


  • franco90
    replied
    Sorry I past on this one

    Leave a comment:


  • Nic01101011
    replied
    I'm ok with the drug but for the most part can't stand the regular users and the sorry culture that surrounds it. Either way it should be legal, not because it's more harmless than a lot of legal drugs, but because whatever you put into your system should be your own problem and responsibility. Some may say that drugs tear apart families, etc. but again the government shouldn't be playing nanny. It's still the individual's fault, the drug being merely an accomplice.. yes I realize this sort of thing has been said a million times before. I'm not expecting anything to change though.
    Last edited by Nic01101011; 01-24-2009, 09:14 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • matt40567
    replied
    i just cross my fingers that my guy stays fresh...

    tis all.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jesse30
    replied
    Originally posted by matt40567
    well...if it becomes legal and pharmacy's start selling tin foil weed...then yea...im gonna buy knock off haha
    good luck getting faydead with it :D

    Leave a comment:


  • matt40567
    replied
    well...if it becomes legal and pharmacy's start selling tin foil weed...then yea...im gonna buy knock off haha

    Leave a comment:

Working...