Let's get serious about pot legalization.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DCColegrove
    replied
    Originally posted by Rigmaster
    That's the best you've got??



    You: proof is in the numbers

    Me: I don't buy it, show me the numbers

    You: dude, everyone knows this, if you need proof go find it yourself





    Tell me again how smoking weed doesn't kill brain cells??
    I'm going to step out on a limb here and say you're an idiot.

    Alcohol is by far more physically destructive than Marijuana (or even Heroin for that matter).

    This is a fact.

    Alcohol kills more people than all other drug use combined.

    This is another fact.

    and...

    Who the fuck is Kraig?

    Leave a comment:


  • dgspikes
    replied
    Come up with a plan on how to legalize it..(tax it, control it) Any plan I can think of usually fails after thinking about it for a few more minutes. Who ever is in favor of legalizing it, let's hear a game plan on how to do it and I'm sure plenty of people will chime in on how it'd fail. I can see de-criminalizing working(or at least working better than the current situation) but, I don't see that legalizing pot would be an easy task.. I'm sure Obama's got it covered already though.ha

    Leave a comment:


  • h0lmes
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Rigmaster
    That's the best you've got??



    You: proof is in the numbers

    Me: I don't buy it, show me the numbers

    You: dude, everyone knows this, if you need proof go find it yourself





    Tell me again how smoking weed doesn't kill brain cells??
    Wtf? I never said it didn't kill brain cells. I said nobody has ever died from it.

    Since you insist on proof, here is the first hit on Google. http://drugwarfacts.org/cms/?q=node/30

    Leave a comment:


  • Rigmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by h0lmes
    Huh? The statement is not worthless, it is a fact. I thought everybody knew it but I guess there are some that still don't. You can find the info all over the internet and if you absolutely need to see proof then go find it yourself. Alcohol and tobacco kills hundreds of thousands of people each year. There has never been a single documented case of someone dieing from smoking pot.
    That's the best you've got??



    You: proof is in the numbers

    Me: I don't buy it, show me the numbers

    You: dude, everyone knows this, if you need proof go find it yourself





    Tell me again how smoking weed doesn't kill brain cells??

    Leave a comment:


  • soccer21
    replied
    My two cents: "I'm not a pot smoker, never was and never will be"

    Marijuana does not have an overdose potential as does alcohol. Excessive "smoked" Marijuana can also lead to lung cancer, but you cannot overdose on it. It will however cause some psychosocial symptoms..the most common being "Amotivational Syndrome." Marijuana has great uses for cancer patients who have horrid side effects of nausea and vomiting from their chemotherapy..also it helps reduce the occular pressure in patients with open-angle glaucoma. Marijuana does stay in your system longer after metabolization to THC..but that THC effects the brain, not so much the liver.

    Alcohol taken in large quantities will be metabolized and put a great load onto the liver. Acute alcohol ingestion can cause Acute Hepatitis (rare), and eventually lead to cirrhosis and liver failure. The metabolized byproducts are different.

    Tobacco..I'm not going to even start...

    Leave a comment:


  • ragged325
    replied


    I'm not especially fond of stoners, but I sure like smoking pot. I think it should be legal for people to grow their own stuff without fear of having their house taken from them.

    Leave a comment:


  • DCColegrove
    replied
    Now here is a debate that has the potential to wreak some havoc...

    Leave a comment:


  • h0lmes
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Rigmaster
    And here I thought you might have finally said something worth a shit about pot- then you have to post this BS statement.


    How the hell can you say "alcohol is far more dangerous than pot"? Maybe if you QUALIFIED that statement with some other details, but that statement on it's own is worthless and groundless.



    Show me the bumbners, dude.
    Huh? The statement is not worthless, it is a fact. I thought everybody knew it but I guess there are some that still don't. You can find the info all over the internet and if you absolutely need to see proof then go find it yourself. Alcohol and tobacco kills hundreds of thousands of people each year. There has never been a single documented case of someone dieing from smoking pot.

    Leave a comment:


  • jflip2002
    replied
    This can get ugly, lol. I'll just save myself a bunch of typing... Whoever is for legalizing weed is a loser.

    Leave a comment:


  • lowlightbw
    replied
    Originally posted by Rigmaster
    And here I thought you might have finally said something worth a shit about pot- then you have to post this BS statement.


    How the hell can you say "alcohol is far more dangerous than pot"? Maybe if you QUALIFIED that statement with some other details, but that statement on it's own is worthless and groundless.



    Show me the bumbners, dude.
    do you live under a rock?

    Leave a comment:


  • Jon325i
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoJ's
    It is really ridiculous that someone might ridiculed for wanting to legalize it. That is just how it is here though, so meh.

    I used to smoke a lot of weed in my younger years. I don't anymore simply because it's not as fun for me anymore. Just doesn't do it for me. But I do think it should be legalized, and there are a number of different reasons why it doesn't make sense that it is illegal. It's just a stigma.

    I would MUCH rather be a stoner than an alcoholic.

    The same applies to me. Many years back I had my "experience" with the budz, but the fun got old and I had my kicks so I no longer touch the stuff. Now here's a compelling argument for the legalization of pot:

    Think of the many years and the untold billions of government funded dollars have been spent on the "war on drugs". If it is a war, I can't say we're really winning this battle. Sure there have been some victories with epic-sized loads of pot seized from ships at sea or trucks just crossing the boarder.....or the latest trend I've been seeing: non-descript homes in newer subdivisions turned into big growing operations. Pot is everywhere and is still very easily obtainable. Yeah....we're really winning this war on weed. Then there are the dealers who get caught. A lot of time these are non-violent criminals who get sentences to prison and are out in a few years....all at the tax payers expense.

    So instead of continuing down this path where we seem to be treading water vs. actually swimming towards progress, why not legalize it and tax it like we tax liquor and ciggys to bring in revenue for the government agencies. In theory it sounds like a reasonable solution - and many people in society would back it. However, there are repercussions to consider. People who drive under the influence of pot and get in an accident....or the heavy users who develop health problems who may or may not have health insurance which covers their treatment, then the tax payers are stuck footing the bill.

    So as you can see, there are good and bad arguments for each side of the debate.


    Jon
    Last edited by Jon325i; 01-24-2009, 06:58 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Slangbox
    replied
    Originally posted by maniacmatt
    I know a few roudy drunks too, however no-one I know who smokes weed gets roudy when they're high and I have never seen a couple of stoners start a fight. Totally different issue I know but thats just my opinion.
    This is very true. Alcohol certainly creates much more aggression than pot does. I don't have an issue with either, as long as people do it in an environment where they're not going to hurt someone else. The problem is when you get a drunk or high person in a car...

    And that's the other thing that pisses me off, is when people try to tell me that pot doesn't affect your focus/driving skill. What a load of Bullshit.

    Leave a comment:


  • nickpdx
    replied
    Originally posted by Rigmaster
    And here I thought you might have finally said something worth a shit about pot- then you have to post this BS statement.


    How the hell can you say "alcohol is far more dangerous than pot"? Maybe if you QUALIFIED that statement with some other details, but that statement on it's own is worthless and groundless.



    Show me the bumbners, dude.
    For one, it is a verifiable fact that nobody has ever died from a marijuana overdose. Over 50,000 people in the United States alone die each year from alcohol abuse.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rigmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by h0lmes
    It is not just your opinion, alcohol IS far more dangerous than pot. As is tobacco, the numbers have proven this.
    And here I thought you might have finally said something worth a shit about pot- then you have to post this BS statement.


    How the hell can you say "alcohol is far more dangerous than pot"? Maybe if you QUALIFIED that statement with some other details, but that statement on it's own is worthless and groundless.



    Show me the bumbners, dude.

    Leave a comment:


  • h0lmes
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by maniacmatt
    In Canada a number of years ago there was a motion not to legalize pot but to de-criminalize it.

    The proposal was that simple possesion of marijuana under a certain amount, I believe the discussed amount was 4 grams, would no longer be a criminal offense. Instead you could be given a ticket like speeding. Possesion of larger quantities was still a criminal offense if there was determined to be intent to distribute.

    As someone who doesn't smoke weed I had absolutely no problem with the proposal and would have supported it even though it didn't affect me. I just don't see the big deal with marijuana. I think there are more dangerous things that are legal. In my personal opinion alcohol is as dangerous. I know a number of people who smoke weed and I know even more who drink. I know a few roudy drunks too, however no-one I know who smokes weed gets roudy when they're high and I have never seen a couple of stoners start a fight. Totally different issue I know but thats just my opinion.
    It is not just your opinion, alcohol IS far more dangerous than pot. As is tobacco, the numbers have proven this.

    Leave a comment:

Working...