No announcement yet.

Knife Thread: All about Knives and other edged tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first real knife. Don't know why I messed around with wannabes for so long, this thing is amazing.

No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

That a 585? I have one, plain blade though. I love the assisted opening.

Comment

lol you have barley placed 1 of your big toes in about 1/2 way up the nail into the lake to test the water with that... Nice choice by the way, nice place to start with good dependable pocket knife. You will only get more discerning as time goes on good luck
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
          lol you have barley placed 1 of your big toes in about 1/2 way up the nail into the lake to test the water with that... Nice choice by the way, nice place to start with good dependable pocket knife. You will only get more discerning as time goes on good luck

Yeah be fucking careful. Knives have a funny way of getting astronomically expensive. When I bought my first "nice" knife (a kershaw leek), my entire collection was probably worth $200. Now that seems to be the minimum base price of my knife purchases.

Comment

Made this tonight. Modified Leatherman Wingman.

Comment

Ahhh the good ol single wing ..............
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
                Yeah be fucking careful. Knives have a funny way of getting astronomically expensive. When I bought my first "nice" knife (a kershaw leek), my entire collection was probably worth $200. Now that seems to be the minimum base price of my knife purchases.
                I'm going between buying an SMF or XM-18, i made the mistake of going to plaza cutlery, my couple of decent knives just feel so crude now
                88 325is Five Speed
                Lachssilber

Comment

I have wanted to pick up an SnG or the hideous fucking chud also known as the SJ75 for a long time. I love the Hinderer knives at factory production prices. I don't personally feel that they're worth the inflated prices of the secondary market or even most dealers pricing. It's a shame because I really want an xm18 bowie but I'm not dropping $5-600 for a production blade unless it's sporting damascus or other higher end materials.

Comment

I have wanted to pick up an SnG or the hideous fucking chud also known as the SJ75 for a long time. I love the Hinderer knives at factory production prices. I don't personally feel that they're worth the inflated prices of the secondary market or even most dealers pricing. It's a shame because I really want an xm18 bowie but I'm not dropping $5-600 for a production blade unless it's sporting damascus or other higher end materials.
                    the SnG felt too small in my hand, the SMF is perfect though, when you say SJ-75 are you talking about the Baby Huey or the Custom full sized piece. You cant even get the bowie at factory prices from what i understand at 385 i think the XM-18 isn't exactly a value but it is pretty beasty knife with great F&F
                    88 325is Five Speed
                    Lachssilber

Comment

The Baby Huey. I couldn't get myself to drop a grand + on a custom that ugly haha. I haven't been able to find any great prices on them lately and always seem to talk myself out of buying one when a deal does pop up.

The cheapest I've seen the bowie XM was $500 on the USN and that was a second hand LNIB deal. I did see a 3" wharncliffe XM18 for $320 that really tempted the shit out of me, but it's just too small. I've found that for small knives, my small Sebenza finds it's way into my pocket almost daily. It's the perfect size for my workplace and not too threatening in appearance.

Comment

It's not as fancy as some of the other knives posted here, but this is my current daily. super convenient one-handed opening, simple blade that's easy to sharpen, and I like the simple proportions and aesthetic. Got it on sale for a song too.
                        '91 325i

Comment

The Baby Huey. I couldn't get myself to drop a grand + on a custom that ugly haha. I haven't been able to find any great prices on them lately and always seem to talk myself out of buying one when a deal does pop up.

The cheapest I've seen the bowie XM was $500 on the USN and that was a second hand LNIB deal. I did see a 3" wharncliffe XM18 for $320 that really tempted the shit out of me, but it's just too small. I've found that for small knives, my small Sebenza finds it's way into my pocket almost daily. It's the perfect size for my workplace and not too threatening in appearance.
                          hey screw it man the worst thing that happens is you sell it if you don't like it
                          88 325is Five Speed
                          Lachssilber

Comment

lost my manix 2 so i picked up one of these, the para 2 is a totally sweet knife

88 325is Five Speed
                            Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
                              lost my manix 2 so i picked up one of these, the para 2 is a totally sweet knife

Nice knife. I have a couple Spydercos. A Native and an Endura 4, and a made in china for Spyderco Byrd Cara Cara2 (looks like an Endura, just made in china) The BYRD has been a good knife. It holds an edge well, and has held up to daily use with caustic or acidic chemicals. The blade is all discolored from them, but not pitted or otherwise damaged.

Will
                              '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                              '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                              '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                              '88 BMW M3

Comment

Knife Thread: All about Knives and other edged tools

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                                Nice knife. I have a couple Spydercos. A Native and an Endura 4, and a made in china for Spyderco Byrd Cara Cara2 (looks like an Endura, just made in china) The BYRD has been a good knife. It holds an edge well, and has held up to daily use with caustic or acidic chemicals. The blade is all discolored from them, but not pitted or otherwise damaged.

Will

Spyderco is always a very solid choice, they are normally a great value with steel and feature that would normally be in a price class at least one or two above them. The founder also true lily cares about the people that use his knives and is very very active in the forums

Edit also keep in mind at one point there was a 6 month back order on these things too. I'm amazed I got one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                88 325is Five Speed
                                Lachssilber

Comment

Working...
                                X