• Show
Clear All

beautiful...

Comment

My Emerson collection, and I've added three more since this shot:

One of my many many benchmades along side one of my Glocks and Luminox:

One of my Timberline Specwars with other goodies:

Another portion of collection:

There are many more adds since these were taken but don't feel like takin pics right now.

[THE 501 club - Founding Member]

Comment

Last edited by Kilomph; 03-19-2017, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NOMAD View Post
          I don't have much of a need for knives in my teaching job (yet). I have this pocketknife given to me by a Swiss military friend:
          That's one of the "real" Swiss Army knives. The Victorinox "Soldier" and the Wenger "Original Issue" are the best for that type of knife. The main blade is much thicker/sturdier than other Victorinox and Wenger models.
          sigpic
          1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
          2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

Spyderco rescue.
            Yours truly,
            Rich
            sigpic
            Originally posted by Rigmaster
            you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
              I'm thinking about getting a survival/combat knife/fixed blade knife and I'm trying to decide what to get. Currently I'm thinking about either the Rat-3 or the Gerber LMF II.
              Don't know what you mean by survival/combat knife exactly (it means different things to different people). But a RAT-3 is a bit smaller than what most people would consider for that purpose. A knife between 3.5" and 4.5" is what most people would consider a utility knife.

Generally, you'd want something in the 5-6" range for a general outdoors/survival knife and something around 7" or more for a combat/fighter knife (whatever that means...it's not like anyone actually uses a knife in combat anyway).

Among the Ontario's RATK models, my favorites are the TAK-1 (4.25" blade) and RAT-5 (5" blade). I strongly prefer 1095 to D2. I find it's almost impossible to put a truly shaving-sharp edge on D2.
              sigpic

Comment

What would you consider the Rat-3 to be?

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                ~ John Adams ~

Comment

He, he. I also have a pocket knife that I use every time we have steak at home (it is razor-sharp and cuts like a hot blade in butter). Just like your grand dad or a farmer would do. I don't know. Maybe just old habits... Every guy should have a pocket knife...
                  Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by RCWells View Post
                    My Emerson collection, and I've added three more since this shot:

One of my many many benchmades along side one of my Glocks and Luminox:

One of my Timberline Specwars with other goodies:

Another portion of collection:

There are many more adds since these were taken but don't feel like takin pics right now.
                    Didn't have any knives as a kid, did you?

I remember when my mother bought me the Rambo knife. I thought I was the coolest! It had the compass and inside had matches, a cutting wire and some other things I can't remember.

Comment

i have a seal pup... id post pics but the elite Maluco posted makes me feel cheap.
                      Originally posted by blunt
                      and remember, just because you like to suck cock, it doesnt make you gay

Comment

Originally posted by Maluco View Post
                        I remember when my mother bought me the Rambo knife. I thought I was the coolest! It had the compass and inside had matches, a cutting wire and some other things I can't remember.
                        I had a Rambo knife just like that as a kid. I loved that thing. I'm pretty sure mother's wouldn't allow their kids to have such a vicious killing device these days. I felt like a real GI Joe or something with it. I remember fastening it to the end of a pole and making a spear with it. It would actually stick in stuff when you threw it. Really fun.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                        ~ John Adams ~

Comment

CRKT M16 and S&W Karambit. I think I love the karambit the most cause it looks so much like a raptor claw or somethin:

Note: these aren't "mine" but pictures of the same knives I dug up on the interwebz
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by CreamE30; 02-09-2009, 10:43 AM. Reason: sure
                          <---Goodnight, sweet prince

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.

Originally posted by Brandon12V
                          unlikely. too many e46 guys craving Big Fucking Cock

Comment

I really want this knife: click here
                            Czech Madaric Custom Black Ops Combat Knife

Here's a tiny leatherman I found I has come in handy as well as my little Kershaw I always carry. They replaced it for free when the torsion bar wore out and I didn't even have proof of purchase or anything.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
                              What would you consider the Rat-3 to be?
                              A 3.5" fixed-blade is more of a utility knife than anything else. The RAT-3 is a bit of an orphan IMNSHO since the blade stock is too thick relative to how short the blade is: not really big enough for heavy cutting and chopping: not really thin enough for fine work.

If I wanted a knife that small, I'd go with a folder. Easier to carry around (less weight and bulk). Plus, a 3.5" folder is legal to carry everywhere, so you have it when you need it. You're not going to be walking around Times Square with a fixed-blade sheath knife on your hip.

sigpic

Comment

I have a kershaw onion that I've been carrying for a few years. Very handy, and thin. I love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X