Knife Thread: All about Knives and other edged tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
    He, he. I also have a pocket knife that I use every time we have steak at home (it is razor-sharp and cuts like a hot blade in butter). Just like your grand dad or a farmer would do. I don't know. Maybe just old habits...
    I had to laugh...I do the same. I generally use a "sodbuster" style knife, like my Boker Gaucho, for steaks...

I also love the carbon-steel Opinel knives. Just a bit hard to clean the wood handle and locking collar.

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
    Every guy should have a pocket knife...
    Agreed.
    sigpic
    1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
    2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

Originally posted by Il Duce View Post
      I have a kershaw onion that I've been carrying for a few years. Very handy, and thin. I love it.

I have and carry the EXACT same knife.

Spring assisted for one handed opening, nice and thin. I love it.

I flipped the clip around on mine though that way it's facing the right direction when I unclip it.

Comment

Oh I eat with my pocket knife all the time. Cutting apples, cheese, use it as a fork if I dont have one handy all kinds of shit like that and cut my steak with it all the time.
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Just picked this up, and love it so far.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
            oh i eat with my pocket knife all the time. Cutting apples, cheese, use it as a fork if i dont have one handy all kinds of shit like that and cut my steak with it all the time.
            lol

Comment

GGG-1280 Battle Hawk
              - $199

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
              ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Its a Boker Delta.
                Ceramic blade and titanium handle.

apparently, i cant capture its edge on camera

I have a few others... none of them matter anymore :)

Comment

I've been carrying one of these since i was 17. It has came in handy many many times, and i feel naked without it.

1992 BMW 325iC
                  1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                  1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

I daily carry a Buck Ranger

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                      Oh I eat with my pocket knife all the time. Cutting apples, cheese, use it as a fork if I dont have one handy all kinds of shit like that and cut my steak with it all the time.
                      Mine is usually too dirty to use it like that. I use it at work a lot to cut up boxes, so its been covered in tape residue lately.

Comment

Man, there are so many sweet 3in/3oz knives out there.

Knives, multi-tools, packs and gear designed to meet the most rigorous requirements for professional use, outdoor adventures, or daily carry.

Get innovative technologies, top style, and quality materials. Wide range of pocketknives for everyday carrying, camping, hiking, hunting, work, and more.

As time went on, the factory developed the car each year, making it faster, more comfortable, and capable of handling at higher speeds.
                        You don’t want this. You want the trickiest, most dangerous, oldest model you can find. Only then can you prove to the world that you’re a man.

Comment

I generally use somewhat cheap but alright knives, cause I used to lose them a lot. Right now I keep a Buck Adrenaline SPX with me all the time. I have a bunch of others I keep at home.

Can anybody suggest good knives under $40?
                          '07 Female Miniature Dachshund, Long Hair Edition, Red.
                          Mods so far: Reproduction delete kit, biweekly nail shortening.
                          (Pics hopefully coming soon)

Comment

Originally posted by Surtr View Post
                            I generally use somewhat cheap but alright knives, cause I used to lose them a lot. Right now I keep a Buck Adrenaline SPX with me all the time. I have a bunch of others I keep at home.

Can anybody suggest good knives under $40?
                            That knife is kinda cool looking:

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                            ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Mine is slightly different.

But mine is silver.
                              '07 Female Miniature Dachshund, Long Hair Edition, Red.
                              Mods so far: Reproduction delete kit, biweekly nail shortening.
                              (Pics hopefully coming soon)

Comment

this is out of my price range but i'd love to have a damascus steel blade:
                                '74 2002 - Build blog at
                                nomads2002.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                                X