Knife Thread: All about Knives and other edged tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sexydylan05 View Post
    ive been noticing alot of people have para shoot cord on their knives. why is this?
    Multiple reasons.

- used as a lanyard, which can help in chopping and holding onto your knife
    - used to wrap the handle for grip
    - the paracord can by taken off and used in survival situations for all sorts of things like fishing line, snares, or a rope to hang yourself when you become hopeless :roll:
    - the paracord can be taken apart; by this I mean inside the cord are 6? more smaller threads which are the ones to be used for fishing or whatever
    - you can wrap the handle of you knife with the paracord and beneath it you can have a flint/firestarter or whatever could be useful
    - you can also have stuff inside the lanyard paracord.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
    ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Where do you boys get your paracord anyways?
      sigpic
      "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

nicademus- thats what i was thinking. makes sense to me and yes id like to know where to get this paracord as well.

Comment

mrsleeve- has the LMF II for $80 http://www.emgear.net/Products/i1061.aspx

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
            thats not bad price but can be found cheaper on pg 1 of this thread.

para cord can be bought at lows or any good sporting goods store or hardware store
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

o damn my bad.

Comment

Didn't read through all 11 pages, but my favorite knives are butterfly knives and switchblades. Unfortunately both are illegal in California. One of my friends from college was from Nevada, though, and he went out there every weekend, so he brought me a butterfly knife, which was cool.

Still trying to find a switchblade.

Matt
                Matt

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
                I pack my CD player with asbestos. Those mother fuckers pay dearly for stealing my shit.
                Originally posted by kronus
                try whacking parts of the motor with a wrench while yelling "YOU WANT SUMMA DIS? HUH?"
                Originally posted by chadthestampede
                This is like a reverse build thread; it starts out nice and gets shitty.

Comment

Originally posted by E30Nova View Post
                  Didn't read through all 11 pages, but my favorite knives are butterfly knives and switchblades. Unfortunately both are illegal in California. One of my friends from college was from Nevada, though, and he went out there every weekend, so he brought me a butterfly knife, which was cool.

Still trying to find a switchblade.

Matt
                  There's absolutely no advantage to a switchblade...they tend to be notoriously not robust as well.
                  sigpic
                  "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

I got my Gerber LMFII off ebay for $30 bucks. It didn't come with the leg strap or that other knife thingy.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                    ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by shiftbmw View Post
                      Where do you boys get your paracord anyways?
                      Any Army/Navy store will carry it. All the outdoors-oriented mail order catalogs have it, too. If you shop around, you can usually pick up a large spool for around $10. That's enough to last a long, long time.
                      sigpic
                      1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
                      2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

My new toy I got it today. Used up my store credit at my local Army Navy, because I am headed out to work latter this week. My full size AFO had not come in yet, and this is the closest thing they had. Sadly they only had the partial serrated as well. Wish they had the version that Emery posted on the last page of this knife

Oh well its a Bench made Torrent, spring assisted open and its breaking in faster than I had expected.

Last edited by mrsleeve; 05-11-2009, 09:03 PM.
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

nice looking knife. ive been looking for a afo but every site i seem to find says they only sell to law enforcement or military?

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

In MT, stores (or mail order) can sell them to us Civilians, as "collectors items" we just are not supposed to carry them. Hell the cops (unless you are being a uber douche) just look at and say nice knife, grin and hand it back. Sometimes (I have heard) they give a bit of hard time about "how you are not supposed to carry this" but never heard of anyone getting it confiscated or getting time outta is unless you were deserving of it.

William Pitt-

Comment

Thats a really handsome Benchmade knife. I agree that the non serrated one is cooler/better but still having a knife is much better than not.

SOOoo how much was it?

~ John Adams ~

Comment

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X