Sports Talk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sports Talk Thread

I've often wondered what other sports were all into. Figure this is a place to put all of that nonsense into.
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

For me, grew up in the Northern California Bay Area so I grew up loving the 49ers, the A's and the Warriors. Being an 80s baby I saw nothing but championships so when they sucked in the 90s I was so bummed. One day I realized that I shouldnt be so wrapped up in Football, so I let go of the 49ers and I really enjoy watching any games. As far as the A's and the Warriors they werent really that good (other than the Bash Bros ) so Ive remained committed to those teams. The last few years have been a little stressful since the Warriors became Champions. Also love lots of other sports, soccer/ futbol mainly, but dont really have a dedicated team other than supporting the German National team...

Whats your sports story?
    Simon
    Current Cars:

Comment

Grew up a Yankees and Ravens fan but also heavily into NASCAR and drag racing due to my dad's influence. High school, cut from baseball team, didn't enjoy playing JV football. Made the switch to playing rugby and haven't looked back. It's nice to see rugby starting to get a foothold now with the 3rd season of Major League Rugby in the States. Each year has added more teams to the league too! I still play on a men's league team, well until I tore my MCL last year but plan to play again soon. Also watch a bunch of soccer (Bayern Munich) and motorsports (F1 and IMSA).

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
        Grew up a Yankees and Ravens fan ....
        Ravens havent been around THAT long! ... how old are you? lol ... jeez how OLD am I?
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

Ravens have been around since the mid 90s.

Played soccer in my youth as that was the default local sport of the late 90s. Watched football, hockey and lacrosse, but really only watch hockey now as lacrosse games can be hard to find and football is getting silly.

Would only consider myself a Capitals fan, although not a rabid one that way some have become since they won the Cup. Incidentally, the night they won I ended up being stuck at work until almost 9PM and went right to bed doubting that they would win that night, only to discover they won the next AM. Felt like I had really wasted my time watching the rest of the playoffs as I could never get behind the whole "we" won concept. These days I watch perhaps 1/4 of the season.

But between the unnecessary brutality, constant review second guessing, and frankly pansy level unsportsmanship on display in professional sports it's really hard to get in to it any further.

Comment

I consider myself homer, basically a fan of all LA sports teams. A primary fan of the Lakers, Dodgers, LAFC, and Kings, UCLA basketball, USC Football. I don't bash or hate on the "secondary teams" if its LA vs LA, and I'll root for them if they do better in the playoffs than my primary teams. However, I mostly follow the basketball and Lakers since that was my sport growing up. I was a huge fan of Magic, Shaq, Kobe and now Lebron. I even took an extended break from work to go watch Lebron play when he was in LA still playing in high school. I still keep track of socal high school basketball, especially if there's a player who's good enough to go to the NBA.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Ravens havent been around THAT long! ... how old are you? lol ... jeez how OLD am I?

27, so born in 92. Old enough to remember the craze around their first super bowl in 2001.

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
              I still keep track of socal high school basketball, especially if there's a player who's good enough to go to the NBA.
              Being able to tell a player has a good chance of going pro in high school is crazy. I guess the level of intensity, competition, and everything is just so much more at those school programs that develop them.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Wondering if the NHL is actually planning to cancel the season, or if they'll just play with no crowds.

Comment

I think the "no-crowd" option is the highly likely one until a player tests positive.

I loved how the PSG fans were outside the stadium supporting their team and after the victory, the team came out and joined them... from a distance lol
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Either way, the owners will no be pleased if they have to refund ticket holders and forego that revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                      Either way, the owners will no be pleased if they have to refund ticket holders and forego that revenue.
                      Yea, boohoo the 1% billionaires will feel the effects of this like the rest of us. I like Marc Cuban, his first concern was the hourly workers who were basically out of work until further notice.
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Great timing to start this thread lol
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Can always talk about the video games leagues and players are playing. Seems like some of them are not being played by those players with controllers in hand, but I've only watched snippets.

Comment

My sport is tennis. Started playing at 4 years old and was actually really good. It's kind of painful to think that if I'd had the right mindset and stuck with it as a junior that maybe I could have made a career out of it. After a fifteen year break I started playing on a USTA 4.5 team this spring but my body is hating me for it lol. It really sucks that the season is cancelled, all the clubs are closed, and all the pro tournaments are either cancelled or pushed back so there's nothing to watch all summer either.
                            My Feedback

Comment

Grew up an enormous football fan and it seemed it was my whole life at the end of high school and starting college. Got hurt pretty good and ever since then my interest waned. I still enjoy college football in fall and the smell of the leaves and sound of the marching band mostly for nostalgia. College Bball, too. I also loved the 90's Bulls being a young kid in Chicago, seeing Jordan live a couple of times. The sports I like most now are going running. Fishing. I love seeing a baseball game with a good buddy or on a date, great people watching, catch up, and I like the game too, although I wish it was faster with less pitching changes. Looking forward to going to my first Dodgers game if this ever opens up.
                              1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Working...
                              X