Sports Talk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So glad European Football is back!

It weird with no crowd, and initially the fake crowd noise was weird, but Im ok with it now. I was watching a Serie A match and THAT was weird. No crowd and no noise is quite bizarre...

Does anyone know exactly what this upcoming NBA could potentially look like?

Also, why is there no baseball? These guys are standing around in the sun 90ft apart from each other...
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      So glad European Football is back!

It weird with no crowd, and initially the fake crowd noise was weird, but Im ok with it now. I was watching a Serie A match and THAT was weird. No crowd and no noise is quite bizarre...

Does anyone know exactly what this upcoming NBA could potentially look like?

Also, why is there no baseball? These guys are standing around in the sun 90ft apart from each other...
      Baseball makes some sense, having it on might ease everyone too. I think the hold-up is mostly because they are having a hard time coming to an agreement about a shortened season -- these players are so highly paid they don't want prorated salaries!

I wonder how and if NFL or College Football will take place? Makes sense it could take place but with no crowds as they have such lucrative TV contracts/revenue. It's definitely going to be a weird Fall.
      1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

The biggest problem is GREED...
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

So now that most sports are back, what do you guys think? The fake noise is strange but probably not as weird without it... I’ve been enjoying NBA and the Champions league games have been great.

Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Capitals fan, but didn't watch the game today when they were eliminated in the first round again after winning the Cup two years ago.

NHL has been rather the same to watch, and I focus on the game more without the cutaways to fans doing whatever. Was hoping for more clear on ice audio, especially player to player, and the NHL didn't seem to be interested.

Comment

Probably trying to keep a clean image, I crack up when the NBA mutes the mic because I know they are cussing... Serie A (Italian Football aka soccer) was the only one who didn’t add fake crowd noise and you can hear the sidelines clearly.

I think baseball would be great if you could hear them because I’m pretty sure they talk a lot of trash too...
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

I don't like the crowd noise. It either delayed or doesn't fit what you'd expect from the game. I prefer to be able to hear some of the player interactions. Also, the digital/fake crowds they've added to some baseball games is horrendous. The cutouts I don't mind but CGI-ing people in is so stupid.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

I haven’t watched much baseball but can’t imagine how bad CGI fans would be...
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

The worst part is, the crowd is only there some times and they don't really react as you would normally expect. Stay in your lane baseball and knock it off haha

Comment

I wonder how the SuperBowl is going to be... its in Florida so Im sure its going to be stuffed with people. My buddy moved near Tampa in the middle of 2020 and is now going to the big game... He already got Covid so who knows if he will be immune or not
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        I wonder how the SuperBowl is going to be... its in Florida so Im sure its going to be stuffed with people. My buddy moved near Tampa in the middle of 2020 and is now going to the big game... He already got Covid so who knows if he will be immune or not
                        If he had it recently, he should be fine.

It's definitely going to be packed lol

BUT more about the sport itself;

I think the Buccs have a good shot at taking the Chiefs.. Their D has been showing up big time in the post season.

Pretty impressive that Brady took the Buccs to the SB his first year..

and I gotta say, I'm rooting for them too.. never thought I'd be rooting for Tom Brady lol
                        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Theres so many things I hate about the NFL, and this whole event shows what kind of rat-scum they are. They skirted COVID last year and arent going to take a huge hit again with their Super Bowl. I havent watched an entire SB in years. I cant stand Brady, but I do admire what he is part of.
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Hey 6 Nations rugby starts back up this weekend. There's something entertaining for you to watch. Best part is that since its in Europe, all the games for us go well with breakfast and then you can continue doing whatever you have planned for your day.

Comment

You have my attention.... where can I watch this sport?
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Ahh I hate streaming services. In the past it has been NBC Sports but looking like this year it might be on their Peacock service. Booo!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X