Photo file size to share on forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo file size to share on forum?

I'll give myself a B+ / A- grade as a mechanic, but I am special needs with computers. I want to put up a build thread on my project, but I am too stupid to figure out how to shrink the size of the images to be under the 2GB max for this site. All I have is a Chromebook and an Android phone. Is there any way to reduce the size/resolution without photo editing software? My files reside on a Google drive
    1985 325e -> M60 swap project
    1983 GTV6
    1974 X1/9

Personally I recommend 800x600 for this forum. Take a look at the links in my sig, that is what I keep most things at. Personally I host it all at Amazon S3, but it sounds like you want them hosted here on the forum. You will need an android app that will resize your pics: https://play.google.com/store/search...resizer&c=apps

Google drive/photos does not let you resize your pics.

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
      Personally I recommend 800x600 for this forum. Take a look at the links in my sig, that is what I keep most things at. Personally I host it all at Amazon S3, but it sounds like you want them hosted here on the forum. You will need an android app that will resize your pics: https://play.google.com/store/search...resizer&c=apps

Google drive/photos does not let you resize your pics.
      Thanks... can I share direct from my google drive with a shareable link? Or does that automatically give someone access to my drive? Yes, I really am this stupid.
      1983 GTV6
      1974 X1/9

Comment

Originally posted by Italian_Tuneup View Post
        Thanks... can I share direct from my google drive with a shareable link? Or does that automatically give someone access to my drive? Yes, I really am this stupid.
        Cool thing is that Google is also a search engine with answers.

Comment

Sorry. Computers left me behind when we stopped using DOS
          1983 GTV6
          1974 X1/9

Comment

Working...
          X