Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    H0lmes here let me put it into terms your narrow mind will understand

Slavery to the Civil war, is what WMDs are to the current Iraqi deal. an excuse to help garner public support
    No, because Southern states wouldn't have seceded if it weren't for government opposition to slavery.

Slavery came first then states rights

Comment

That's what they were told anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
        In actuality, I'd love to hear why and what shapes the thoughts and powers the religious tendancy most liberals seem to have. Discuss.
        Though this conversation usually goes the same direction every time (on both sides), it can be interesting before it gets there. Is it safe to assume that your interpretation of the "religious tendency of most liberals" ranges from anti-religion to atheism?

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
          That's what they were told anyway.
          ^History is written by the victor... as the saying goes.
          "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
          -----------------------------------------
          91 318is Turbo Sold
          87 325 Daily driver Sold
          06 4.8is X5
          06 Mtec X3
          05 4.4i X5 Sold
          92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
          90 325i Sold
          97 328is Sold
          01 323ci Sold
          92 325i Sold
          83 528e Totaled
          98 328i Sold
          93 325i Sold

Comment

... I think a Democrat (on the Liberal/Progressive side) is literally, of lesser intelligence.
            That is all.
            As a flip side many people would say that about conservatives as well...

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, thought I was in another thread... lol with the new political subforum I have too many tabs open. :)
            "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
            91 318is Turbo Sold
            87 325 Daily driver Sold
            06 4.8is X5
            06 Mtec X3
            05 4.4i X5 Sold
            90 325i Sold
            97 328is Sold
            01 323ci Sold
            92 325i Sold
            83 528e Totaled
            98 328i Sold
            93 325i Sold

Comment

I love COD!

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
                ^History is written by the victor... as the saying goes.
                one of the spoils of war, prolly the most valuable by far too boot
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

And let me just point out that's a pretty big statement without any backing thus far. If you've got some questions, by all means. If you want to throw insults around, that's fine to but it just makes you look as bad as those idiots holding "God Hates Fags" signs.
                  you started it? Your statement was equally as ridiculous as mine, and also had nothing behind it.

Here's what I don't get about religious conservatives:
                  They enjoy the freedom to beleive what they want, but then anything thier pastor doesn't like puts them all in a tizzy to try and legislate morality, effectively destroying the freedoms that they enjoy.
                  Much like the people who raised hell because they don't want government in health care, but are equally afraid of medicare cuts.
                  These are often the same people. When I look at the midwest all I see is a massive population of people failing to put 2 + 2 together.

Now explain to me why you think democrats are dumber than this. Have reasons.
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
                  If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                    Much like the people who raised hell because they don't want government in health care, but are equally afraid of medicare cuts.
                    These are often the same people. When I look at the midwest all I see is a massive population of people failing to put 2 + 2 together.

Word...
                    91 318is Turbo Sold
                    87 325 Daily driver Sold
                    06 4.8is X5
                    06 Mtec X3
                    05 4.4i X5 Sold
                    90 325i Sold
                    97 328is Sold
                    01 323ci Sold
                    92 325i Sold
                    83 528e Totaled
                    98 328i Sold
                    93 325i Sold

Comment

you started it? Your statement was equally as ridiculous as mine, and also had nothing behind it.

Here's what I don't get about religious conservatives:
                      They enjoy the freedom to beleive what they want, but then anything thier pastor doesn't like puts them all in a tizzy to try and legislate morality, effectively destroying the freedoms that they enjoy.

I agree, I do think their is an irony in the fact conservatives, as a stereotype, are all for freedoms and a smaller government, yet quickly try to mandate things such as drug use, abortion, and other moral issues.

I think the liberal ideology is stupid because A) it implies that you should rely on someone else to provide something for you and B) the government is going to be successful at creating a system where people can indeed provide for each other.

Personally, I believe the federal government is ONLY here to provide for individuals what they can not realistically provide for themselves. (Interstate regulation, national military, infrastructure, etc)
                      Originally posted by z31maniac
                      I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
                        I think the liberal ideology is stupid because A) it implies that you should rely on someone else to provide something for you and B) the government is going to be successful at creating a system where people can indeed provide for each other.
                        That is not the liberal ideology!!!

Comment

I think the liberal ideology is stupid because A) it implies that you should rely on someone else to provide something for you
                          That what you think a liberal is? someone who just wants a handout? no wonder you guys are always about to 'splode. You've been mis-informed.

e:f;b

I'm all for a smaller minimalist government, but neither party has made what could be construed as an effort in that direction.
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
                          If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

I agree, I do think their is an irony in the fact conservatives, as a stereotype, are all for freedoms and a smaller government, yet quickly try to mandate things such as drug use, abortion, and other moral issues.

Personally, I believe the federal government is ONLY here to provide for individuals what they can not realistically provide for themselves. (Interstate regulation, national military, infrastructure, etc)

What about us socially liberal, financially conservative folks? I guess you said it was a stereotype. I'm all for killing babies and doing drugs, and anynomous gay sex if that's your thing, reason being, we as a society should not be holding a moral code over people. Make roads, don't tell me I can't have cheetos and a bongload. Protect the damn borders, don't tell me I have to wear a seatbelt when I drive, Stop murderers and rapists, not inform the banking industry how to pay their top employees. Come on.

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
                              That is not the liberal ideology!!!
                              See below. Please explain your side instead of being so useless. At the core, it is taught that liberals want social programs while conservatives want tax breaks. While this is grossly over simplified it's just kinda where I'm coming from.

That what you think a liberal is? someone who just wants a handout? no wonder you guys are always about to 'splode. You've been mis-informed.

e:f;b

I'm all for a smaller minimalist government, but neither party has made what could be construed as an effort in that direction.
                              This is true, but I think that the republican party has made more of an effort to make government smaller, well perhaps the democratic party is just making it larger more quickly. (the way I see it... my opinion) My father says this too, that he wants a smaller government but is for a universal health care system. I don't understand how the liberal ideology isn't asking for "handouts." Now I understand you're not saying you want to sit on your ass and get free stuff, but you are saying, through social programs of all kinds, that you want SOMEONE out there to get something because they don't have it already. Otherwise, these social programs wouldn't be needed. I'm curious, how democrats think that A) this isn't relying on the gov't and B) this will make the gov't smaller? (serious questions, please take them as such)

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                              What about us socially liberal, financially conservative folks? I guess you said it was a stereotype. I'm all for killing babies and doing drugs, and anynomous gay sex if that's your thing, reason being, we as a society should not be holding a moral code over people. Make roads, don't tell me I can't have cheetos and a bongload. Protect the damn borders, don't tell me I have to wear a seatbelt when I drive, Stop murderers and rapists, not inform the banking industry how to pay their top employees. Come on.
                              Yeah, I completely agree. That's why I said stereotype, because it addressed the kind of people he was talking about. I'm completely with you.
                              Originally posted by z31maniac
                              I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

See below. Please explain your side instead of being so useless. At the core, it is taught that liberals want social programs while conservatives want tax breaks. While this is grossly over simplified it's just kinda where I'm coming from.
                                This is not over-simplified, it is just plain wrong. Liberals want reform that is all. Liberalism isn't about big government, social programs and handouts. In fact, true liberalism would abolish any forms of authority most especially government.

Of all those definitions it does not once say that a liberal is one who want's big government and handouts. You have been misinformed.

Comment

Working...
                                X