New crack cocaine drug law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New crack cocaine drug law

I am by no means advocating for crack here, but this is good news. Significantly reduced sentences for crack users. http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/08/...ss_igoogle_cnn

That article is set to appease the black man. From CNN of course. No wonder their ratings suck balls.

Maybe the fact that African Americans are caught more is because the statistically deal more. No brainer. But like the saying goes, the only one holding the black man down is the black man.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

There's some real information there.

It's not going to make a difference. if anything it's just going to fuel the problem.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Race or poverty is the root?
        Originally posted by Gruelius
        and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
          Race or poverty is the root?
          If you work hard poverty can be fixed. It is called ambition, something losers lack. Race has nothing to do with it.
          ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
          ~ '87 535
          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by E30 F34R View Post
            If you work hard poverty can be fixed. It is called ambition, something losers lack. Race has nothing to do with it.
            Thank you. Joshh is quite ignorant.

Comment

"The enactment of the law seals a hard-fought victory for civil rights activists who have argued for years that the differing punishments unfairly target African-Americans."
              This is fucking ridiculous. The government is racist.

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed1299 View Post
                We have a black moron for our leader...what are you smoking?

Current cars:
                ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                ~ '87 535
                ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed1299 View Post
                  Nah. This law is not discriminatory.

Listen, the point I was trying to get at is that this means less of our tax dollars being spent on jailing non-violent criminals. That's not to say that all non-violent offenses should go unpunished, but the drug laws in this country are ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
                    Thank you. Joshh is quite ignorant.
                    Yup, I see it all the time. People I know complaining about the cost of gas or their place is too shitty. But they work just enough to get by or not enough at all. Buy cigs and beer. They are going no place fast.

Current cars:
                    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                    ~ '87 535
                    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
                      Nah. This law is not discriminatory.

Listen, the point I was trying to get at is that this means less of our tax dollars being spent on jailing non-violent criminals. That's not to say that all non-violent offenses should go unpunished, but the drug laws in this country are ridiculous.

Of course it's not. That's why your entire link and this new law is about equaling out the white to black ratio of those arrested. Nope it's totally color blind.

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
                        Of course it's not. That's why your entire link and this new law is about equaling out the white to black ratio of those arrested. Nope it's totally color blind.
                        Did you even read the article? It is about reducing sentences for crack cocaine. There is an offhand comment about how the original law was discriminatory but that is bullshit and ultimately irrelevant. The point here is that non violent crack users, regardless of race, will have more lenient sentences than before which means less tax dollars spent on keeping them in jail. The whole issue of race is irrelevant when it comes to this issue so shut your mouth and stop pulling the race card. You're beginning to sound like Al Sharpton.
                        Last edited by LBJefferies; 08-03-2010, 05:15 PM.

Comment

It's nice that tax dollars may ne spent on something better than jailing a user/dealer. On the onther hand, when he needs money he might just steal your car or whatever is in it, and you'd be screaming "Why the hell wasn't he in jail?!?!" and you (your money) will be screwed directly.
                          Lose-lose situation alert.

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
                            It's nice that tax dollars may ne spent on something better than jailing a user/dealer. On the onther hand, when he needs money he might just steal your car or whatever is in it, and you'd be screaming "Why the hell wasn't he in jail?!?!" and you (your money) will be screwed directly.
                            Lose-lose situation alert.
                            The cost to society of drug crime is vastly less than the cost of a) locking these morons in jail ($50-100k/year), b) converting minor criminals into hardened criminals in jail and c) the billions wasted every year on the war on drugs.

Sure, it's lose-lose, but we are losing one hell of a lot more than we need to.
                            2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
                            2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
                            1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
                            1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
                            - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
                            1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
                            1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
                            Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

i think this is a good idear. some people need to realize that these repeat offenders are addicts, and incarcerating them only fuels the amount of americans in jail, keeping the prisons going, and draining your taxpayer money.

lets arrest the same crackhead 4+ times over a whatever time period and send them to jail, ultimately costing society XXXXXX amount of dollars
                              as opposed to
                              getting the fuckers help, cleaning up their lives, and producing another contributing member of society.

now for the people arrested dealing the shit, or doing something illegal to acquire it, jail those bitches.

how many people are in "the system" because of bullshit drug charges?
                              i'm gonna invest in a prison someday, and be Oprah rich. KEEP THE DRUGGIES COMIN Y'ALL
                              1991 325iC - Mauritsblau sumthin metallic blue. DEAD
                              1992 525i - Silber sumthin sumthin metallic- Rolling again, needs suspension/wheels/brakes/paint.... Fuck you A4S310R; BEAT YOU.
                              1989 325i - Cirrusblau Metallic sumthin sumthin-project - trying to clean up the interior(done), then the body, then a 5spd, then suspension, then..... - [Stolen :| ]
                              1991 325iC - Calypsorot Metallic
                              1994 540i - Granitsilber

Originally posted by scabzzzz
                              I've had blunts cock in my mouth, but I'm not gay.

Comment

Working...
                              X