Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Stimulus did create jobs.....

Especially at GE.

They received ~$27million in grants last year, while cutting there workforce by 18,000.

Excellent work.
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

The bosses got fat bonuses for their cleverness, no doubt.....

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
      Especially at GE.

They received ~$27million in grants last year, while cutting there workforce by 18,000.

Excellent work.
      Actually, its funny that you bring that up. The previous CEO, Jack Welch would cut the bottom 10% of the managers every year...meaning if you can't perform at work and you end up there, bye bye at the end of the year.

Sorry for the slight o/t to the thread.
      IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

That's part of what's wrong with Unions. Production takes a back seat to tenure. Effectively killing the potential of the company....or Union.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

think about this president and what he says for a minute.
          besides being beneath the office to publicly attack specific individuals (joe the plummer) for nothing more than having an opinon, he attacks the chamber of commerce for....................drumroll................... having the balls to support political candidates (both republican AND democrat) that are pro-business.

this is so far over the top its hard to describe my disgust not with political aims, which i disagree with, but how he goes about it by ridiculing specific orgs/people

the president, no matter which party he/she is from, represents americans first, not his party. this man has no class.
          “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
          X