A good case for abolishing lawyers.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good case for abolishing lawyers.....

"The smoke and food odors constitute an unreasonable interference with the use and enjoyment of the property, in that the smoke and food odors pose continuing health-related risks and otherwise interfere with the ordinary use and enjoyment of the property," Steptoe's complaint says."

Food odors post a health risk?

Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

I would love to be a lawyer and just fuck with people all day. I bet he laughed after he wrote this.
    Originally posted by z31maniac
    I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

The problem is that they have actually succeeded in shutting down a business, at least for the time being.

Something lke 75-80% of businesses that have to close their doors for more than 7 days close within 18 months.

I don't find that particularly funny, especially given the current economy.

/debbie downer

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

that is BS. There's more to this story.
        Custom Made Skid Plates For Sale.
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=111469
        http://raceskids.com/

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
          The problem is that they have actually succeeded in shutting down a business, at least for the time being.

Something lke 75-80% of businesses that have to close their doors for more than 7 days close within 18 months.

I don't find that particularly funny, especially given the current economy.

/debbie downer
          I have to admit. I was just browsing quickly and didn't read the article. In that case, I'm pretty surprised. Will read later.
          Originally posted by z31maniac
          I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by ejnight View Post
            that is BS. There's more to this story.
            Some high powered lawyer is pissed about having is order mixed up?

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

I'm not sure if it ever resulted in a suit, but a similar situation is happening in Portland.

Snoop Dogg's uncle owns a rib place here. BBQ smells good, but I think I'd be pissed if it was wafting into my house every day.
              A smoky and popular rib house in Aloha doesn't translate as well on Southwest Macadam Avenue in Portland. Reo's Ribs, nationally known for its sweet, tender BBQ, has irritated some residents and other shop owners who say the smoke hurts their throats and makes their head ache. But fans say naysayers should leave Reo's alone.
              Originally posted by Gruelius
              and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

At Reo's last week, Varnado sipped milk from a plastic cup topped with a plastic lid. He said he never had problems with neighbors before, and that perhaps some people in the neighborhood have issues with him that go beyond smoke.

"I thought I could come here and better myself," said Varnado, a native of Magnolia, Miss. "All the people who don't like us, that's their problem."
                Typical...

Lawyers can save your ass or destroy you, just depends on which side you happen to fall on. I hate that my business has to retain a lawyer because if I don't, something will slip and another lawyer will come after me.
                sigpic

Comment

This deserves a huge Give me a fucking break.

I'd invite a smell like that. Pretty soon the EPA will get involved.
                  Last edited by joshh; 10-15-2010, 12:07 PM.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

I think it would smell good for a few days, but inhaling the smoke for months on end isn't healthy any way you slice it. I think I'd get pretty sick of smelling cooked meat after the 50th day in a row.
                    Originally posted by Gruelius
                    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

The neighborhood Morgan Stanley reeks of Subway...very odd and annoying. This is just going nuts.
                      i'lldoitforacaravan

Comment

Cool I love seeing food convo's in the P&R forum

Comment

A coffee roasting shop locally in minneapolis was forced to invest in some ridiculous 50 foot smokestack to avoid stankin up the neighborhood back in the 80's. I cant say Id ever get tired of roasted coffee stank
                          We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                          www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

I hate Lawyers
                            Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                              i hate lawyers
                              + 1000

Comment

Working...
                              X