US deficit down 9%
Collapse
X
-
-
He must've meant because of its climbing trend, not that it stayed the same.Leave a comment:
-
-
-
Here's a great little story about the 1920's Depression that never came to be. As you all may know I love to reference why the government is ever so wrong :) Naturally there will be those who will cast this aside because after all what can history teach us? Why should anybody feel the pain so that our kids and grandkids dont?
By John in Oregon I keep hearing about that other depression. The catastrophe only the government can save us from. So being of the Rocky and Bullwinkle generation, I got to wondering what it must have been like back then. I remembered the phrase return with us now to the thrilling days of yesteryear as Mr. Peabody turned the dial of the Wayback machine. POOF I stepped out on the street filled with horses, Tin Lizzies, milk wagons and the pall of coal smoke, cough, cough. On the corner, EXTRA EXTRA, READ ALL ABOUT IT. COMMERCE SECRETARY DENOUNCES PRESIDENT, EXTRA. Having no "old money" I wondered into the library to read up from the local yellow newspapers.Leave a comment:
-
Government spending, overall, hasn't really changed much at all in the last 4 years.
Last year's, iirc.Leave a comment:
-
It's one of the two commonly accepted average figures, the other being $720 million per day. If you really want some references here's a few:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...092102074.html says $280 million or $720 million
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11880954/ says $200 million
http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/11/news...ex.htm?cnn=yes says $430 millionLeave a comment:
-
-
Wonder how much they'd save if they weren't spending a quarter billion a day on war?Leave a comment:
-
It was the first article I found. Even Shepard Smith talked about it today.
I'm glad it went down. But the future over rides that positive.Leave a comment:
-
Was the bailout on this years or last years "budget?"
I dont' remember.Leave a comment:
-
^ very true, I am not arguing that it's anywhere near low enough. But at least the yearly debt increase is coming down. Like I said, It's not much, but it's a start.Leave a comment:
-
The DEFICIT is 9% lower, but that still means 1.3 TRILLION was added to the DEBT this year.
That's why I really hate that they break it down that way. Darrin I know that you understand the difference, but most of the general public does not, which is precisely why they represent it in such a manner.
Really good article by Ron Howard on political campaigns on huffingtonpost a few days ago as well.Leave a comment:
-
lulz, good job, you found an article with that mentioned in it.
The article I read, however, didn't have any mention. So I stand be my statement.Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: