Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Religious guys, serious question (not a troll thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Religious guys, serious question (not a troll thread)

I'll leave out the details about a discussion I was having with someone at work today, but my question boils down to this.

Is there anywhere in the bible that says, on judgement day/when you go to heaven/etc, you will have to answer for the actions OF OTHER PEOPLE. In other words, will you be judged for something that a friend, family or even your country does?
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Not to my knowledge. That would be bass ackwards.

Hence the whole Jesus Christ atoning for OUR sins. Sort of a big deal.
    sigpic

Comment

no

Originally posted by stewie30luvr
      ooo cause i was fixing my chain tensioner and there was a black widow on the radiator so i killed it
      Originally posted by JakeP
      with a coathanger

Comment

Maybe if it was wrong and you didn't try to stop it.

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"
        Originally posted by LJ851
        I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

this one time, a local guy wanted to use fake parts, I told him not to... Does that count?
          sigpic
          New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
          %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Well I didn't think so, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some obscure passage I missed.

Basically we got on the topic of why I dislike Republicans, and gay marriage was brought up. I said, "Who cares what two adults do?" etc etc etc etc.

He said he was OK with gay's being given all the rights of marriage, but it being called a civil union, I told him he was just playing semantics at that point. And asked him, "How does the sex life of two adults directly intrude on your life?"

His response, "God is all knowing.....God says its wrong.....And I think God judges countries........so if we condone it, I hope I don't have to answer for it when I die."

I then left work, shaking my head in disbelief, as he smugly, gloated...............somehow thinking he was making a really good point.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by chadthestampede View Post
              Maybe if it was wrong and you didn't try to stop it.

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"
              a little boondock saints reference here? lol
              sigpic

Comment

^yes, because that saying (or something to that affect), had never been spoken or written before 1999.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Nope, nothing biblical about answering for others' actions. As mentioned before, he was probably trying to explain omission and how not doing something can be view the same as doing something. But in any case, no there is nothing in the bible that says you will be judged on behalf of others, Jesus already did that.

Comment

and in reading about your co-workers theology... it's pretty flawed. But just a reminder that christians are still very much human and have just as many flaws as anyone. We're all still learning and growing, if anyone tells you otherwise it's a lie.

Comment

There is Generational sins that is passed down from the Father:

Exodus 20:5

"Then the Lord passed by in front of him and proclaimed, "The Lord, the Lord God, compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in lovingkindness and truth; 7who keeps lovingkindness for thousands, who forgives iniquity, transgression and sin; yet He will by no means leave the guilty unpunished, visiting the iniquity of fathers on the children and on the grandchildren to the third and fourth generations."

Really good info on the subject, broken down and easier to understand.

~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                      ~ '87 535
                      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

I wonder if he actually believes what he told you. Or if he heard it from someone else and "used it against you".
                        I've never heard that one before and I've had the same discussion with Christians about gays and gay marriage. But it always came down to the passage that being gay is a sin. I left them with that.
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
                          I wonder if he actually believes what he told you. Or if he heard it from someone else and "used it against you".
                          I've never heard that one before and I've had the same discussion with Christians about gays and gay marriage. But it always came down to the passage that being gay is a sin. I left them with that.

The more apt response is to them pointing at gay being a sin is... "And?"
                          Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

This is a great point. If the answer is "no" then why are they always trying to legislate morality and get all up in your business? The emphasis on self seems to be missed in some churches.
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
                            If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

year 2000 already passed, where is god?
                              Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

Working...
                              X