$5 Gas in 2012?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$5 Gas in 2012?

So many people including top executives are saying gas will be $5/gallon by 2012. That is very soon.
    This is partially because of the fact that there are many developing countries such as China and Russia who have a quickly expanding middle class buying up cars, and oil producers are not ramping up production to meat the need of the new consumer market.
    I am by no means an expert on politics or economics <--disclaimer.
    I just thought that this was interesting because I know I will not be able to afford owning a car if gas costs $5/gallon and I am sure there are others on this forum who will be in the same boat.
    Consider the fact that food and many other thing will also go up in price because it will cost companies a lot more to move them around the country.
    Consider the fact that the cost of living will go way up, and wages will in increase at all. In fact they may even go down.

What do you guys think?

Former president of Shell Oil John Hofmeister says Americans could be paying $5 for a gallon of gasoline by 2012.

Teachers protested for a second day Tuesday and bus drivers staged a partial strike as the general Bolivian population expressed indignation at a sharp spike in gasoline and diesel prices.
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Its because this administration is printing money 24/7 devaluing the dollar. Oil is traded on the world market and our dollar is not worth the paper its printed on, gas Will BE $5 by 2012.

Get ready to take it in the ASS, "you" voted for it!

Gas is up, 18% this year alone...
    Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Keep prices up, less people driving is good for me. I get paid to drive to work anyways!
      1985 BMW 325e
      1997 BMW M3/4/5
      2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

ya, not looking forward to this. me and my brother are thinking about making my e30 and his e21 run on propane.
        -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
        -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
        MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
        Got Drop?? ;-)
        Originally posted by JinormusJ
        But of course
        E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

Originally posted by CHIF8008 View Post
          ya, not looking forward to this. me and my brother are thinking about making my e30 and his e21 run on propane.
          be happy you have an eta. maybe the eta's value will go up since they are good on gas ( sorta )

Comment

Originally posted by e30e View Post
            Keep prices up, less people driving is good for me. I get paid to drive to work anyways!

Booey for you.

The majority of the population doesn't.
            Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Personally, I work at a chevron gas station and i see how prices go up and down. Its really not the cost of oil, its how much your other local gas stations are doing. They compete.

why is diesel @ 3.55 and 91 oct only at 3.41 , 5 years ago diesel was cheaper than 87 by far. Its what they can get away with charging. Tobad i get no such discount at my work lol

edit, also 5 years ago when gas was at 5 a gal, ppl still paid for, shit even with shitty jobs i still filled my hyundai's take for 40bux , did that weekly

Comment

I guess I'll be building a hypermiler or something electric.

Comment

omg, a resource with a limited supply & high demand continues to grow in cost...
                  Originally posted by Dozyproductions
                  You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by quikveedb2 View Post
                    omg, a resource with a limited supply & high demand continues to grow in cost...
                    It must be Obama's fault!

Comment

Dub has it more than the rest of you.

When OPEC as a whole pushes too or stops trading in greenbacks you know our we are uber deep shit, look for it in about 10-14 months unless something is drastic is done in Washington to cut our debt.
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

I don't think it will happen.

Remember 2008? If gas gets to $5/gal, the economy will collapse even harder than it did in 2008. And that would likely lead to a Depression that would make the 30s seem easy by comparison.
                        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

let's convert our e30's to run on alcohol... fuck the oil company's. Just have our own filling station. then bring what you need with you. Or move to Brazil...
                          My Multi car part out. Need a part? Pm me...
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=193051

Need 24v swap parts? How about a LSD? Plastic Bumpers? Or anything else click here...
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=215044

Have you done business with me? If so leave me feedback here...
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=188307

Comment

Originally posted by ill4noreason View Post
                            let's convert our e30's to run on alcohol... fuck the oil company's.
                            I have officially given up on the younger generations and thusly, the future of our country.
                            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                              Its because this administration is printing money 24/7 devaluing the dollar. Oil is traded on the world market and our dollar is not worth the paper its printed on, gas Will BE $5 by 2012.

Get ready to take it in the ASS, "you" voted for it!

Gas is up, 18% this year alone...
                              Gas price has nothing to do with politics. It is a simple commodity that is traded, and people speculate on it. More demand means higher prices. Wasn't it also $5 under Bush 3 years ago? Therefore, whoever you voted for has nothing to do with prices.
                              Last edited by Massive Lee; 12-29-2010, 06:39 AM.
                              Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Working...
                              X