$5 Gas in 2012?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
    Do fuel taxes vary on an hourly basis such as is the case with the overall price of fuel at the pump?

Yes they do, that's why it's a percentage.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

No, but its the taxes that make the price at the station jump much more, because when the price of the gallon/litr/whatever goes up, the taxes go up also.

Comment

Originally posted by lga714 View Post
        Awesome! Less bro trucks on the road. I get paid to drive and I write it off for taxes, I love being an IC.
        omg thats awesome! you'll never have to be concerned about anything!

Save this post, and put it in a time capsule. And in 10 years, open it.

-Jay
        -Jay

2014 NASA FL se30 champ #81
        2001 se46 3 year plan in progress

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
          Liberals happen to be the biggest threat to mine and your freedom however.
          I always figured that was the terrorists?

Originally posted by joshh View Post
          Yes they do, that's why it's a percentage.
          No, it's a fixed price per gallon.

Comment

hurray to less bro trucks but nay to S50 / S52 swaps, super nay for B30 / B32 swaps. lol.
            1972 2002Tii

Comment

There are many factors that are important in determining the price of gas. Demand has a major influence on the price of gas. In the United States, demand for gas is often quite high during the spring and summer, as individuals take off for popular vacation spots and the whole country gets more active. Gas prices often spike around the holidays, like Memorial Day and Independence Day. However, this is not always the case, as prices do not always rise in the warmer months.

Sometimes the demand for gas puts a strain on refinery capacity. This often happens in the spring, when refinery maintenance is typically conducted. While maintenance is performed, the gas market may tighten, resulting in a rise in the price of gas. Fortunately, refineries are usually finished with maintenance by the end of May.

The price of gas is also influenced by oil in its most natural state - crude oil. Basically, when desirable crude oil is less plentiful in supply, gas prices go up. The price of gas is affected by the type of crude oil that is available. Oil is described as light, heavy, sweet or sour. Crude oil that is sweet and light is cheaper, less difficult to refine, and less plentiful in supply. By contrast, heavy, sour oil is more difficult and costly to refine, yet is widely available throughout the world.
              The cost of transporting and marketing crude oil has a significant effect on the price of gas. Transporting crude oil involves moving it to refineries, followed by the shipping of gasoline to distribution points and, finally, gas stations. Marketing costs cover the amount of money spent in marketing an oil company’s brand. Both costs are passed on to the consumer as part of gas prices.

In the United States, federal, state, and local taxes account for a significant portion of the price of gas. Taxes on gas are considerably higher in Europe than they are in the United States. As a result, European gas prices are much higher than they are in the United States.

Individual gas stations play a role in the price of gas as well. Typically, gas stations add something to the price of gas in order to profit. There are no laws governing the amount a gas station may charge for its gas. As such, some stations mark up their gas a few cents per gallon, while others add on ten cents per gallon or more. Some states, however, have laws that prohibit gas stations from charging less than a certain percentage of the total cost of their wholesale gas orders. These laws are intended to protect smaller gas stations from being significantly under-priced by large, chain gas stations.

The price of gas may also be influenced by such things as weather and major disasters. World events and wars also affect the price of gas. Basically, any event or situation that affects the drilling, refining, and transporting of oil can have a significant influence on gas prices.

Many factors go into determining the price of gasoline, including demand, the price of crude oil, the transport and marketing of...
              Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

wow Glad I had to work late and still have some to do............................

This thread makes my head hurt, with all the tools bags in here that cant grasp simple Economics and political/tax levies and how they effect the price of all goods and services. (You know how you are)

Good god, I losing faith fast
                Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-29-2010, 05:17 PM.
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                  There are many factors that are important in determining the price of gas. Demand has a major influence on the price of gas. In the United States, demand for gas is often quite high during the spring and summer, as individuals take off for popular vacation spots and the whole country gets more active. Gas prices often spike around the holidays, like Memorial Day and Independence Day. However, this is not always the case, as prices do not always rise in the warmer months.

Sometimes the demand for gas puts a strain on refinery capacity. This often happens in the spring, when refinery maintenance is typically conducted. While maintenance is performed, the gas market may tighten, resulting in a rise in the price of gas. Fortunately, refineries are usually finished with maintenance by the end of May.

The price of gas is also influenced by oil in its most natural state - crude oil. Basically, when desirable crude oil is less plentiful in supply, gas prices go up. The price of gas is affected by the type of crude oil that is available. Oil is described as light, heavy, sweet or sour. Crude oil that is sweet and light is cheaper, less difficult to refine, and less plentiful in supply. By contrast, heavy, sour oil is more difficult and costly to refine, yet is widely available throughout the world.
                  The cost of transporting and marketing crude oil has a significant effect on the price of gas. Transporting crude oil involves moving it to refineries, followed by the shipping of gasoline to distribution points and, finally, gas stations. Marketing costs cover the amount of money spent in marketing an oil company’s brand. Both costs are passed on to the consumer as part of gas prices.

In the United States, federal, state, and local taxes account for a significant portion of the price of gas. Taxes on gas are considerably higher in Europe than they are in the United States. As a result, European gas prices are much higher than they are in the United States.

Individual gas stations play a role in the price of gas as well. Typically, gas stations add something to the price of gas in order to profit. There are no laws governing the amount a gas station may charge for its gas. As such, some stations mark up their gas a few cents per gallon, while others add on ten cents per gallon or more. Some states, however, have laws that prohibit gas stations from charging less than a certain percentage of the total cost of their wholesale gas orders. These laws are intended to protect smaller gas stations from being significantly under-priced by large, chain gas stations.

The price of gas may also be influenced by such things as weather and major disasters. World events and wars also affect the price of gas. Basically, any event or situation that affects the drilling, refining, and transporting of oil can have a significant influence on gas prices.

http://www.wisegeek.com/how-is-the-p...determined.htm
                  Please now explain why you blamed the Obama administration for the high price of fuel...
                  Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Please now explain why you blamed the Obama administration for the high price of fuel...
                    When you print a FUCK LOAD OF MONEY WITH NOTHING TO BACK IT AND INFLATE THE FUCKING SUPPLY IT MAKES ALL THE REST WORTH LESS> IF ITS WORTH LESS THEN IT TAKES MORE TO BUY SOMETHING> SINCE OIL IS TRADED IN GREENBACKS THAT MAKES CRUDE FUTURES GO UP AS IT TAKES MORE BUCKS TO BUY IT>

THUS THE BIG 0 PRINITNG MONEY FASTER THAT A PIZZA IS DEVOURED AT A CURVES. The 0 has much to blame in this.

Seems the dub has covered much of this I am not going to repeat it, just go read all of dubs posts again
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                      When you print a FUCK LOAD OF MONEY WITH NOTHING TO BACK IT AND INFLATE THE FUCKING SUPPLY IT MAKES ALL THE REST WORTH LESS> IF ITS WORTH LESS THEN IT TAKES MORE TO BUY SOMETHING> SINCE OIL IS TRADED IN GREENBACKS THAT MAKES CRUDE FUTURES GO UP AS IT TAKES MORE BUCKS TO BUY IT>

THUS THE BIG 0 PRINITNG MONEY FASTER THAT A PIZZA IS DEVOURED AT A CURVES. The 0 has much to blame in this.

Seems the dub has covered much of this I am not going to repeat it, just go read all of dubs posts again
                      It seems the price of fuel is lower now than 3 years ago.... When no money was printed.
                      Not to mention that Saudi Arabia's currency has been indexed to the US dollar 25 years ago and hasn't moved since then. Therefore, whatever the value of the US currency with other countries, it stays the same with the main supplier...
                      Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

It seems the price of fuel is lower now than 3 years ago.... When no money was printed.
                        Not to mention that Saudi Arabia's currency has been indexed to the US dollar 25 years ago and hasn't moved since then. Therefore, whatever the value of the US currency with other countries, it stays the same with the main supplier...
                        You asked why its going UP NOW ........................ so thats the answer you got

In 08 it was being pushed by to main factors 1 Speculation on the commodities market (those that pulled all their money outta housing had to put it some where so they made their own bubble) and 2 GLOBAL demand was MUCH MUCH FUCKING HIGHER.

Like I told you reread Dubs posts hes already explained this to you.

William Pitt-

Comment

Isn't it nice to know that rising prices under a democratic president are always the fault of the administration while rising prices under republican presidents is always caused by uncontrollable market forces. Now i can sleep better at night.

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                            I have officially given up on the younger generations and thusly, the future of our country.
                            haha. So I guess the older generation ( which you are apart of? ) that have put us in this hole before we even had a say have nothing to do with the fact that the younger generation is in this position? Oh is thusly even a word? I was kidding about the alcohol thing here in the USA. But not about the Brazil part. Big booty's everywhere...
                            My Multi car part out. Need a part? Pm me...
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=193051

Need 24v swap parts? How about a LSD? Plastic Bumpers? Or anything else click here...
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=215044

Have you done business with me? If so leave me feedback here...
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=188307

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny Cash View Post
                              omg thats awesome! you'll never have to be concerned about anything!

Save this post, and put it in a time capsule. And in 10 years, open it.

-Jay
                              :giggle: I'll have to make my sarcasm more obvious in my posts

mtechII 5 lug S50

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                                Isn't it nice to know that rising prices under a democratic president are always the fault of the administration while rising prices under republican presidents is always caused by uncontrollable market forces. Now i can sleep better at night.
                                NO thats Just how the card fell this time around.

Boosh didnt devalue the dollar to shit (as much as 0) and there was not a global down turn in demand (like 35ish %) at the same time of over printing of money.

this is not complex to get, you are smart enough to connect the dots

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X