What has become of the US splendor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What has become of the US splendor?

Here are some superb contemporary, yet so sad, pictures of Detroit - once the symbol of America's industrial advancement - depicting a distant splendor. Has America's own corporate world bitten itself and left its workforce behind?

Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

liberals and unions destroyed Detroit. You Canadian's can have it!

PS, you have to take the trash with it!
    Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

American auto industry was mismanaged while they built sub-par cars... not a good combo. Detroit pretty much had the big three and that's it.
      Originally posted by Gruelius
      and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Unions are only half the story

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
          Unions are only half the story

Other half was politics...
          Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
            Other half was politics...
            And shitty cars and waste all over the place.

Comment

Businesses need to cover all the bases in order to survive in the long run. They need to offer quality products at competitive prices, and they need to take reasonable steps to keep their employees and customers happy so that they retain skilled workers and loyal customers. Government needs to do it's job by more or less butting out. None of these bases were covered by the American auto industry.

Comment

Saw the special on this the other night. About how these nice building that once were the place to go and be seen were being left to perish. No different then mining towns back in the day.

However, there are many foreign brands that get their cars manufactured right here in the US. Including Mercedes in Vance, AL.

Originally posted by Roysneon
                $5 shipped?
                Originally posted by MarkD
                You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

member on here took many of those (or at least the very same pics and not published) I cant remember the name though

Hes got a huge long thread over on BFC with a shit load of them posted

Oh and Detroit as it stands now is a product of and the end game for Racial Politics at there finest. Of the same ilk that are now being played out on a national and international scale.
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Jesus fuck...what happened is the rest of the world woke up and stopped letting us lead them all by the nose. All this shit is cyclical, we were up, now we are down a bit. Shit will change again.

Closing SOON!
                    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                      Jesus fuck...what happened is the rest of the world woke up and stopped letting us lead them all by the nose. All this shit is cyclical, we were up, now we are down a bit. Shit will change again.
                      This is a P/S thread, no logic is allowed here.
                      1985 BMW 325e
                      1997 BMW M3/4/5
                      2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

Originally posted by e30e View Post
                        This is a P/S thread, no logic is allowed here.
                        oh duh. I should have known better, my bad.

Closing SOON!
                        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

This thread seems like a pretty sloppy trolling attempt.
                          sigpic
                          "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Damn. Those pictures in that link are unreal.
                            M Coupe

Comment

It is a sloppy troll attempt. Might as well have said "workers of the world unite".

The issue is not that the worker has been left behind but that we have allowed companies to get "too big to fail"...and not let them fail when they make bad business decisions. And squeeze small business owners out of many markets. And no small business owners are not "the worker".

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Working...
                              X