Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God I love living in a free state. This promotional deal is going a few hours drive south of me, but the fact its going on just makes me all feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Granted the give away hardware is not of great reputation for quality but thats not the point now is it ;)

This has gone national with pick ups from MSNBC, New York Daily, Fox and others

1st half or so

Originally posted by Article
    When driving down U.S. Highway 93 through Hamilton, there's no need to do a double-take when you see the sign hanging above the Radio Shack Super Store.

You read it right. Customers who buy Dish Network will be rewarded with a firearm.

"I think it really, really fits the Bitterroot Valley," said Steve Strand, who has owned Hamilton's Radio Shack for about seven years.

Strand, along with store manager Fabian Levy, wanted to generate more foot traffic at their location. So far, the gun giveaway has worked like a charm.

"It's been really successful," Levy said.

According to Strand, it has tripled his business since the promotion started last October. And, he said, easily hundreds of people have stopped in to see what the sign is all about. "Protect yourself with Dish Network. Sign up now, get free gun," the sign reads.

"We have people literally stop in to take pictures of the sign," Levy said.

Qualifying customers have the choice between a Hi Point 380 pistol or a 20-gauge shotgun.

The deal is only good for new Dish Network customers and they must buy a certain amount of equipment to qualify for the free gun.

After the customer signs a service contract and sets up an install date, they are given a gift certificate for their gun. They can also opt for a $50 gift card from Pizza Hut if they prefer, Strand said. And customers who purchase new Dish Network service that don't qualify for a firearm are still given the Pizza Hut gift card.

The gift certificate is good at Frontier Guns & Ammo, located north of Hamilton on Sheafman Creek Road. They are then put through a background check, also free with the promotion, before receiving their gun.

"We're not just giving guns to felons," Levy said.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Awesome, could use a deal like that.
    1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
    You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Crap guns, but it is funny. The beginning of bowling for columbine starts with open a checking account, get a gun.

Comment

Brown you are not implying that Bowling for Columbine is some kind of legitimate source for facts are you??? That movie is the sole reason Kmart does not sell guns and or ammo anymore.
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

What kind of gun is it? or is it just a $50 gift card for Guns & Ammo?

edit:

nm, i found it
          Qualifying customers have the choice between a Hi Point 380 pistol or a 20-gauge shotgun.
          also reminds me of the Texas episode of FG.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
            Brown you are not implying that Bowling for Columbine is some kind of legitimate source for facts are you??? That movie is the sole reason Kmart does not sell guns and or ammo anymore.
            I'm not implying anything. I just remember the scene where he opens a checking account and gets a gun. I'm the last person you have to worry about, you can find me under the same screen name at:

nw firearms (joey link's forum)
            s&w forums
            marlin owners forums
            glocktalk
            thr.org
            cast boolits
            ar15.com
            trapshooters.com
            rimfirecentral
            beretta forums
            benchrest central forums

Comment

You're gonna want to use that gun if you have to spend much time dealing with Dish Network's Customer Service.....

Comment

Originally posted by browntown View Post
                I'm not implying anything. I just remember the scene where he opens a checking account and gets a gun. I'm the last person you have to worry about, you can find me under the same screen name at:

nw firearms (joey link's forum)
                s&w forums
                marlin owners forums
                glocktalk
                thr.org
                cast boolits
                ar15.com
                trapshooters.com
                rimfirecentral
                beretta forums
                benchrest central forums
                Marlin Owners FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by mar1t1me View Post
                  You're gonna want to use that gun if you have to spend much time dealing with Dish Network's Customer Service.....
                  I grew up with dish net, they had excellent customer support. My parent's DVR went out last year and they just sent them a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene View Post
                    What kind of gun is it? or is it just a $50 gift card for Guns & Ammo?

edit:

nm, i found it

also reminds me of the Texas episode of FG.
                    As far as a pistol its a High-Point, and the they dont mention what the shotty is. The $50 gift card fr pizza is if you dont want the gun or are a felon. You get the gun and the back ground check for free if you want them.

And Brown I was just asking, I could not remember which side of this topic you are on. And my stomach turns any time I here anyone reference a MM movie.

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Bene View Post
                      I grew up with dish net, they had excellent customer support. My parent's DVR went out last year and they just sent them a new one.
                      Maybe it's just the local "techs" that made my wife want to call in a hit.....

Comment

^^^^^^^^

I had more issues with DTV than Dish, I like Dish Vs DTV. DTV fucked me outta well over a grand.

William Pitt-

Comment

Ever heard the saying "Only in America"?
                          sigpic

Comment

You say that like its a bad thing ??

William Pitt-

Comment

Will watch this space for the dish network customer service massacre in a few days.

Other businesses that should hand out a free gun with every purchase:
                              tow truck companies
                              jewelry stores
                              your local bank
                              hospitals
                              bail bond establishments
                              bars

Comment

Working...
                              X