The unemployment rate has fallen a full percentage point over the last 4 mo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
    You post new home sales data, then claim people don't have money to buy houses and that it's too hard to get a home loan.

How is that not using the wrong information to assess the housing market now?

Why is it hard to get a home loan right now? Because you need money to get one.
    It was ONE indicator. And it's true. Most Americans can't come close to buying a home. Many that were able to two years ago now can't because they are out of work. If they even have the home they were paying for in the first place (foreclosures).
    How many of those home sales are rich people buying when it's cheap? How many are in the middle class.
    That graph sucks and only proves what I'm talking about. Sweet we have a few months of "recovery" and a drop at the end.
    It isn't over till more indicators show themselves as gain.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
      It was ONE indicator. And it's true. Most Americans can't come close to buying a home. Many that were able to two years ago now can't because they are out of work. If they even have the home they were paying for in the first place (foreclosures).
      How many of those home sales are rich people buying when it's cheap? How many are in the middle class.
      That graph sucks and only proves what I'm talking about. Sweet we have a few months of "recovery" and a drop at the end.
      I know, making up "facts" is fun or creating assumptions to defend your position, but it's not what intelligent people do.

Real information is also fun and what you ought to be able to do if you have a brain.

The U.S. housing markets stayed very affordable this past summer: 72.1% of all homes sold during the three months ended Sept. 30 were priced so reasonably that people earning the median household income could afford to buy them
      Majority of people still have jobs, not everyone got laid off. Stop making it sound like no one has a job anymore because exaggerating to the extent you are is creating arguments from falsehoods. Since the median can afford most of the houses sold, that means the majority can afford them (if good enough credit to get a loan).
      Last edited by rwh11385; 04-05-2011, 03:58 PM.

Comment

I know, making up "facts" is fun or creating assumptions to defend your position, but it's not what intelligent people do.

Real information is also fun and what you ought to be able to do if you have a brain.

Majority of people still have jobs, not everyone got laid off. Stop making it sound like no one has a job anymore because exaggerating to the extent you are is creating arguments from falsehoods. Since the median can afford most of the houses sold, that means the majority can afford them (if good enough credit to get a loan).
        I am sorry to come in the middle of this but that article and the point you are trying to make are lacking information. It only says 72.1% of houses sold in that period are affordable for a median income family and that interest rates are low. That doesn't prove anything except that houses are relatively cheap now, which everyone already knows. It doesn't prove that people are buying a lot of houses right now or have the money to do so, supplemental information is needed.
        "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time"-Colin McCrae

Comment

Originally posted by E30Kaiser View Post
          I am sorry to come in the middle of this but that article and the point you are trying to make are lacking information. It only says 72.1% of houses sold in that period are affordable for a median income family and that interest rates are low. That doesn't prove anything except that houses are relatively cheap now, which everyone already knows. It doesn't prove that people are buying a lot of houses right now or have the money to do so, supplemental information is needed.
          True, but I also posted the graph of existing home sales which shows recovery.

The statement that no one is buying or can buy houses is incorrect, and an assumption like most of what joshh posted, instead of argument based on information. And also shows it is not just expensive homes being sold - median home sale price of $100k in the midwest equals your typical middle class 3 br family home.
          Last edited by rwh11385; 04-05-2011, 07:32 PM.

Comment

True, but I also posted the graph of existing home sales which shows recovery.

The statement that no one is buying or can buy houses is incorrect, and an assumption like most of what joshh posted, instead of argument based on information. And also shows it is not just expensive homes being sold - median home sale price of $100k in the midwest equals your typical middle class 3 br family home.

That's not what I said....lol. Keep arguing things for arguments sake. Now quote me and try to link me with saying no one can afford a home right now. Absolutely retarded.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

That's not what I said....lol. Keep arguing things for arguments sake. Now quote me and try to link me with saying no one can afford a home right now. Absolutely retarded.
              http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...-000-rate.html

The home market is in a shit hole, why? Because people don't have money. There are a lot of people who think Americans are saving and "just not spending their money" HELLO McFLY THEY DON'T HAVE MONEY TO PUT DOWN ON A HOME! Let that sink in for a few minutes. They don't have money..

It's weird, you say people can't buy homes, but then they do?

Comment

It's weird, you say people can't buy homes, but then they do?

Thanks for proving you're impossible to debate with. You're worse than Corvallis. Not only do you chicken pick the articles that support your nonsense but you also chicken pick my comments as well.

Comment

IIRC, the term you are looking for is "Cherry Pick".

Comment

Thanks for proving you're impossible to debate with. You're worse than Corvallis. Not only do you chicken pick the articles that support your nonsense but you also chicken pick my comments as well.
                    I guess it's better to find information to support my arguments than just making shit up??

Comment

Either way the guy keeps ignoring the major point I'm trying to make.

Comment

I guess it's better to find information to support my arguments than just making shit up??

Might as well make it up if you are going to ignore key economic indicators. Essentially what you're doing.

Comment

Either way the guy keeps ignoring the major point I'm trying to make.
                          Which was what again?

All you have done is give your opinion as facts, and most of the time ignoring actual facts.

Might as well make it up if you are going to ignore key economic indicators. Essentially what you're doing.
                          Which key economic indicators did you mention that I was ignoring? The only information or data you posted at all, was new home sales - which I pointed out how moronic it is to rely on in a market like this.

We get it, you're frustrated you worked somewhere in construction or real estate. The industry was bloated and housing prices were bubbles in lots of places and now it won't come back any time soon. Deal with it, re-train... get further education for a new career, and stop thinking that the entire world is ruined or unfair because you got burned by the bubble.

Comment

Which was what again?

All you have done is give your opinion as facts, and most of the time ignoring actual facts.

Whatever Corvallis.

Comment

Whatever Corvallis.
                              I'm amused to see that this thread has ended up exactly where I expected it to, even without my involvement: joshh talking out of his ass, ignoring factual arguments against his opinions, and employing gratuitous ad hominem.
                              cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                                I'm amused to see that this thread has ended up exactly where I expected it to, even without my involvement: joshh talking out of his ass, ignoring factual arguments against his opinions, and employing gratuitous ad hominem.

Oh here comes the peanut gallery. Count the insults from rwh, get back to me.
                                If I didn't know you had your lips on Obama's ass I'd give a fuck what you say.

Comment

Working...
                                X