X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    farby where you been??? busy I would hope
    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
      Personally, if you watched the conventions through any outlet, you're already ahead of at least 80% of the populace and probably 50% of voters in terms of engagement and being informed.

Yes, I decided that this cycle, instead of basing my opinions on Readers Digest condensed versions of what people that get paid to pontificate and blow hot air with their own or networks lean, I would take the time to come to an educated opinion that wouldn't be biased by outside sources, even though I have my own leanings personally.

Mainly, I reaffirmed that I have issues with portions of the platforms of both our political parties in power presently.

farby where you been??? busy I would hope
      I've been around. I'm dealing with medical issues my father in law is having due to Agent Orange (Dioxin) exposure from his time as a Corpsman in Vietnam.

It has really opened my eyes to the stuff our country has put the people that stand up to defend our country have to cope with and the uphill battles they suffer when our elected officials can rubber stamp their way to higher pay and insider benefits without fighting a really nasty appeal system.

Comment

WHOA sorry to hear that, thats not the good kinda busy. I understand all too well dealing with family medical issues, had my own this winter....... I hope its one of the more manageable and less extreme conditions attributed to Agent Orange and that your FIL has a better out come than so many of his peers. thoughts and best wishes to you and your family.
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

WHOA sorry to hear that, thats not the good kinda busy. I understand all too well dealing with family medical issues, had my own this winter....... I hope its one of the more manageable and less extreme conditions attributed to Agent Orange and that your FIL has a better outcome than so many of his peers. thoughts and best wishes to you and your family.
          Thanks. Yeah, it's all the after effects of dealing with AML-M5 and it's treatment from 1991 and the VA is still claiming it wasn't Service Related. Diabetes, Heart Failure, terrible damage to kidneys, and now on home dialysis. Spent the last few days back and forth to ICU and the Cardiac unit. My time as an EMT has translated into being a home care nurse for lack of better definition The scary part is the info I've found showing children of Veterans that had AO exposure have a 70% chance of ending up with the same illness. Needless to say, my wife is quite concerned as she was born after his exposure. I know this isn't what the men and women that have signed up to defend our country expected when they put their name on the dotted line, and I KNOW what's going on in our country is not the country they went and risked it all to defend.

Honestly, I'm starting to think we need to shift back to when owners of property (but, of any race, or gender, or sexual identity, or age, or social position... I don't want anyone twisting this concept into some anti cis-gender caucasian male Christian bullshit) were the ones to vote because they had a hand in the game instead of all these voters that have a hand out playing the "game". It's unfortunate but true, Aristotle said "If the majority distributes among itself the things of a minority, it is evident that it will destroy the city," and those without in the majority will always work to take from the hands and pockets of those that do have.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
            The scary part is the info I've found showing children of Veterans that had AO exposure have a 70% chance of ending up with the same illness. Needless to say, my wife is quite concerned as she was born after his exposure.
            you'll be happy to hear that we've stepped up our game there- we poison service members with depleted uranium now.

hope i don't get cancer someday, i already have a family history on both sides.
            past:
            1989 325is (learner shitbox)
            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
            1985 323i baur
            current:
            1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Disgusting. Thank you for your service, and my hopes are that you don't either.

Statesmen with a term requirement long enough to benefit the country, not politicians with a free pass to write themselves benefits off of the backs of their constituents for life, and our veterans getting the benefit from defending their country needs to come into style.

I think Trump has those thoughts in mind, and it is shaking the core of the status quo political establishment, they fear their gravy train is coming into the station and might not get to go back on the tracks, and I don't have a single issue with that perception.

Sure, he says a lot of things I don't agree with, but in all reality, the only politician I would stand 100% behind the beliefs of would be me, just as with all in this thread, it's likely to admit its the same for them. There is not going to ever be anyone that gets 100%, and that's just how it is. The sooner we get past the back and forth of disagreeing, and get down to working from a point of agreement, the better off we are.

Hillary says some wonderful things I like that would benefit our society. There, I said it, now why can't we focus on the good instead of swatting back and forth about the bad? It's just frustrating that they are playing us, when in reality there are many people that agree on socially liberal policy coupled with financial conservatism. If we come together in the middle, these sides will lose their power and we will end up benefiting the people instead of lining the pockets of the speakers 'for' the people.

Comment

farb you are wise beyond your years, I truly do wish your FIL the best as well as you and the rest of your family again. Its a very hard thing to go though and its never easy good luck.
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Disgusting. Thank you for your service, and my hopes are that you don't either.

Statesmen with a term requirement long enough to benefit the country, not politicians with a free pass to write themselves benefits off of the backs of their constituents for life, and our veterans getting the benefit from defending their country needs to come into style.

I think Trump has those thoughts in mind, and it is shaking the core of the status quo political establishment, they fear their gravy train is coming into the station and might not get to go back on the tracks, and I don't have a single issue with that perception.

Sure, he says a lot of things I don't agree with, but in all reality, the only politician I would stand 100% behind the beliefs of would be me, just as with all in this thread, it's likely to admit its the same for them. There is not going to ever be anyone that gets 100%, and that's just how it is. The sooner we get past the back and forth of disagreeing, and get down to working from a point of agreement, the better off we are.

Hillary says some wonderful things I like that would benefit our society. There, I said it, now why can't we focus on the good instead of swatting back and forth about the bad? It's just frustrating that they are playing us, when in reality there are many people that agree on socially liberal policy coupled with financial conservatism. If we come together in the middle, these sides will lose their power and we will end up benefiting the people instead of lining the pockets of the speakers 'for' the people.
                  Definitely agree with many of your sentiments, and wish your FIL the best. Do disagree that Trump is the best one for the job, but disagreement is the foundation of compromise.

I've said it before in this thread... all politicians are crooks to a certain extent. They all have their hands out as much as the lower class, the difference being they do it at receptions, speaking engagements, and dinners. I also said what you just reiterated... no voter is going to 100% agree with the positions of any candidate. Especially with the current state of our political system (pay to play, and in this case, pay A LOT).

Anyway, again, best wishes to your FIL farbin... and to all who have served and are dealing with issues resulting from service. My family has a background in the military and I consider myself fortunate all have come back unscathed (though not all are with us, those who passed were due to natural causes).
                  "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                  -----------------------------------------
                  91 318is Turbo Sold
                  87 325 Daily driver Sold
                  06 4.8is X5
                  06 Mtec X3
                  05 4.4i X5 Sold
                  92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                  90 325i Sold
                  97 328is Sold
                  01 323ci Sold
                  92 325i Sold
                  83 528e Totaled
                  98 328i Sold
                  93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
                    Definitely agree with many of your sentiments, and wish your FIL the best. Do disagree that Trump is the best one for the job, but disagreement is the foundation of compromise.

I've said it before in this thread... all politicians are crooks to a certain extent. They all have their hands out as much as the lower class, the difference being they do it at receptions, speaking engagements, and dinners. I also said what you just reiterated... no voter is going to 100% agree with the positions of any candidate. Especially with the current state of our political system (pay to play, and in this case, pay A LOT).

Anyway, again, best wishes to your FIL farbin... and to all who have served and are dealing with issues resulting from service. My family has a background in the military and I consider myself fortunate all have come back unscathed (though not all are with us, those who passed were due to natural causes).

Thanks for the thoughts about my FIL. And thank you to you and your family as well. I kinda look down upon myself when around those that did serve, because I realize now, at an older age, I should have done my part as well.

Of note, I never stated Trump is the best one for the job, I simply stated an opinion of his angle and the nerves he is touching. Then one statement about Hillary. I still have not come to a conclusion about where my vote is going.

Mainly I'm just saying that all the back in forth from the Anti-Trump posters in this thread isn't doing anything constructive, and is just repeatedly beating their heads against a brick wall instead of making any progress reaching across the chasm to move the country in a positive direction. It's like a bunch of people want to wallow in their misery and try to drag others into it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                      you'll be happy to hear that we've stepped up our game there- we poison service members with depleted uranium now.

hope i don't get cancer someday, i already have a family history on both sides.
                      My sister passed away August 5th due to ALM Leukemia.

She spent 20 years in the army, two tours of duty, Iraq and Afghanistan.

She was 39.

Thank you for your service.
                      Hank Ahrens
                      1984 Alpine Coupe
                      1978 911sc

Comment

Disgusting.
                        it is. and sorry in advance, Farbin, but i had a bad day handling outages at work and you've touched a nerve here, and we're in P&R...

AO is bad shit, as evidenced by its capability to poison across generations.

DU is even worse; the rounds vaporize, disperse, and basically become fallout on impact. They do less damage than lead, but that doesn't really matter when you are feeding them out with the fire rate that A10, AC130, etc have.

it's the post-nuclear equivalent of salting the earth so nothing will grow there again, except the result is hospitals in Fallujah, Ramadi, Kabul, Kandahar, etc wondering what's up with all the dolphin babies. that is way worse than the possibility that i might get sick someday.

when you consider that the half-life of U238 is the same as the estimated age of the planet we live on, and the age of humanity itself is a tiny fraction of that, nevermind what fucking country has currently drawn borders around the locality you're poisoning... well, from our perspective, forever...

it is fucking insanely irresponsible and totally illegal (per Geneva Conventions) that we have done this and i don't understand why a lot more people aren't pissed off, or thrown in prison, about it.

edit:

My sister passed away August 5th due to ALM Leukemia.

She spent 20 years in the army, two tours of duty, Iraq and Afghanistan.

She was 39.

Thank you for your service.
                        my god, man. i'm very sorry for your loss and you can PM if you need to.
                        past:
                        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                        1985 323i baur
                        current:
                        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

damn hank, sorry for your loss :( way too young

Comment

Donald Trump has no problem with lying but plenty of problems with the truth

Comment

one huge reason to vote enthusiastically for TRUMP!!!

“There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

a sad cry for attention

post some new poll numbers georgie

Comment

Working...
                                X