Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favorite religious or political quote.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gods not required to understand the way life operates, and your totally missing the point, but thats ok :)

Comment

Originally posted by A Sucked Orange View Post
      Gods not required to understand the way life operates, and your totally missing the point, but thats ok :)
      Ill answer be repeating this earlier mentioned quote because it has everything to do with how you are responding.

"The greatest flaw that any intelligent person has, is to think that they are smarter than everyone else." - Immortal Technique

So because im having the shittiest day on thanksgiving I'll continue... i've already been blacklisted from amtrak and broken up a couple of fights in the middle of the morning with only an hour of sleep to show for it. Im not religious and I'm not missing the point. Maybe if you could take the time to stop sniffing your ass you could realize that you embody the aforementioned quote because you're judging me, based on your own baseless assumptions, for not understanding something you are unwittingly giving half ass responses to. So now its my turn to act like you and ask you this. Which high shcool are you still in if you still live with that kind of attitude? I still don't not like you because I give everyone chances beyond what they deserve but R3V is a great way to vent so just shut up and enjoy the fact that momentarily you achieved your goal of getting a rise out of me. But take my advise no matter what age you are and grow up...

And as per rules. This has to do with what happened to me today because I wasn't allowed on the train (to see my family for thanksgiving) for not having a valid ID. Mind you, I've never been asked for one in all my travels on the train and I my wallet was stolen 2 days ago so I have no form of ID on hand but I still had my proof of purchase of my ticket and my ticket! Plus I had a barely expired passport that still looked like me to prove to this bitch who I was but like she cared. There are more important guide lines to follow in fear of losing a job than to follow common sense.

I am absolutely opposed to a national ID card. This is a total contradiction of what a free society is all about. The purpose of government is to protect the secrecy and the privacy of all individuals, not the secrecy of government. We don't need a national ID card.

Ron Paul
      Last edited by Dozyproductions; 11-22-2012, 10:20 AM.

Comment

You have missed the point. The quotes, which were not mine, but the thoughts of other men throughout the ages, are quite firmly bonded to science and lifes ugly reality. They are facts of life which cannot be evaded, however warm and fuzzy your diseased, baseless, heart-felt philosophy may make you feel.

As you seem to love liberty here's one for you to ponder:

The will to a single morality (in your case love all, or die!) is tyranny.

It's been fun. Carry on. ;)

Comment

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”

John Adams
          “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error.“

John Kenneth Galbraith
            “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

There is no means of avoiding a final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as a result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved.

Ludwig von Mises
              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

"An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no god. By some definitions atheism is very stupid."

-Carl Sagan

Comment

Carl Sagan is a badass and all, but he's wrong there in that second sentence...

Comment

Yeah, should say believes.

Comment

"The most important persuasion tool you have in your entire aresnal is integrity"

"Confidence is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat and taking the tartar sauce with you"

"You can have everything in life you want, if you'll just help enough other people get what they want"

Zig Ziglar
                      November 6, 1926 – November 28, 2012
                      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

"History is replete with examples of societies whose downfalls were related to or caused by the destruction of money. The end of this phase of global financial history will likely erupt suddenly. It will take almost everyone by surprise, and then it may grind a great deal of capital and societal cohesion into dust and pain. We wish more global leaders understood the value of sound economic policy, the necessity of sound money, and the difference between governmental actions that enable growth and economic stability and those that risk abject ruin. Unfortunately, it appears that few leaders do."

- Paul Singer, Elliott Management
                        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
                          ~Dalai Lama
                          sigpic

Comment

I cannot teach you violence, as I do not myself believe in it. I can only teach you not to bow your heads before any one even at the cost of your life.
                            -Mahatma Gandhi

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
                            -Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                              "An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no god. By some definitions atheism is very stupid."

-Carl Sagan
                              Originally posted by TwoJ's View Post
                              Carl Sagan is a badass and all, but he's wrong there in that second sentence...
                              Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                              Yeah, should say believes.
                              I think he's being sarcastic. No human being can possibly know if there is, or is not, a god. I believe he was being facetious, hence "atheism is very stupid."
                              sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
                              1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
                              1991 318is - Sold
                              1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Or perhaps the belief in something can create the illusion of definitive knowledge.

Humans must be conditioned to disconnect from their natural empathy. The key is abuse and thus why we have things like boot camps

Comment

Working...
                                X