Gun Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun Control

Two bills that would tighten regulation of firearms in the Golden State made it out of the Legislature this week. Assembly Bill 144, authored by Assemblyman Anthony Portantino, D-Pasadena, would ba…

People's Republic of Kalifornia.
    sigpic
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Yup read that, fuck sakes IL is starting to make grounds on gun laws and PRK is still going down this road
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

"It only takes a few seconds to load and fire," Portantino said in a statement. "This bill is a sensible public safety protection that will make such an occurrence less likely."
      It only takes a second for that mother fucker assaulting you to just fire 'cause he's a criminal and will be carrying a loaded firearm anyways....

A.B. 809 would allow law enforcement to keep better tabs on long guns by cross-referencing sale records when they respond to crimes, proponents say.
      Because every gun used in a crime is bought legally....
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

So glad i dont live in cali.

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post
          It only takes a second for that mother fucker assaulting you to just fire 'cause he's a criminal and will be carrying a loaded firearm anyways....

Because every gun used in a crime is bought legally....
          and every gun owner is a criminal....

Vinyl Lettering

Comment

I'm moving there! There must not be ANY gun violence (LA cough cough) with all those wonderful politicians keeping everybody safe!

Comment

What a joke.

Comment

"It only takes a few seconds to load and fire," Portantino said in a statement. "This bill is a sensible public safety protection that will make such an occurrence less likely
                the average human can cover 25 feet in 1 second from a dead stop on a dead run.

1 second < than a Few seconds= your dead anyway and that tweeker with a knife now has a gun too.

this is why I would not carry like that in CA because its purley carry for principal to remain with in the law. Would be better off with nothing in a lot of cases.
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Great measure, we all know it's the people who are open carrying that are committing all the gun violence in Cali.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Is there no cure for hoplophobia?
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by JinormusJ
                    Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
                    1989 325is Raged on then sold.
                    1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
                    1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
                    1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Originally posted by frankenbeemer View Post
                      Is there no cure for hoplophobia?
                      :p I have to admit I had to google the term.

Comment

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I really don't see how it can get any clearer than that. It's simple and to the point.

Comment

That and you have to be seriously dense to not realize that states with more constitutionally oriented gun laws typically have BETTER crime statistics than those without. I have yet to hear a good explanation for that one...

Also in CA, the alleged "loophole" that is open carry is supposedly blamed for tying up police resources. If there were actual substance to any police action regarding open carry, especially that stupid "e-check", it would be justifiable (and headline news, and emergency legislation...) But what they are complaining about is how the open carriers are wasting the police force's time by going to Starbucks?

Seems the problem is not with the open carriers there, its the ones expending the resources to harass people buying a coffee.
                          -Dave
                          2003 Lincoln Towncar | 1992 BMW 325iC | 1968 Cadillac Deville

Need some help figuring out the ETM?

Comment

^

There is some truth to that, when I have internetz back on my comp I will link to the story about the guy from SD CA that got hauled off to jail for open carry

this is the results of his law suit, I read the whole story and postings right after the initial incident happened

Last edited by mrsleeve; 09-14-2011, 10:09 AM.

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                              the average human can cover 25 feet in 1 second from a dead stop on a dead run.

1 second < than a Few seconds= your dead anyway and that tweeker with a knife now has a gun too.

This. A cop friend of mine was explaining the 21 foot rule. If someone with a knife gets within 21 feet, they shoot 'em. If they are within 21 feet and the person comes at them, even if they have time to draw and fire, the person will still have enough momentum to get to the officer. He told me to remember that when I had a knife.
                              1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Working...
                              X