Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tea Party actively trying to damage economy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea Party actively trying to damage economy?

A letter from the Tea Party Nation to owners of member small businesses says:

"I, an American small business owner, part of the class that produces the vast majority of real, wealth producing jobs in this country, hereby resolve that I will not hire a single person until this war against business and my country is stopped.

I hereby declare that my job creation potential is now ceased.

“I’m on strike!” "

Apparently those on the Right are willing to do damage to the American economy just to score political points. Yikes.

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
    http://www.teapartynation.com/profil...msg_share_post

A letter from the Tea Party Nation to owners of member small businesses says:

"I, an American small business owner, part of the class that produces the vast majority of real, wealth producing jobs in this country, hereby resolve that I will not hire a single person until this war against business and my country is stopped.

I hereby declare that my job creation potential is now ceased.

“I’m on strike!” "

Apparently those on the Right are willing to do damage to the American economy just to score political points. Yikes.

I hate idealists sometimes.
    Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Do you blame them???

All they want to do is make their business succeed, and the policy that has been passed in recent years puts additional burden on them and by doing shit like this they are sending a message to those that are passing it...... Its all they have.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

So they're going to make their business succeed by strangling it themselves? :loco:

You're motherfucking right I blame them. Just because you're delusional doesn't mean you have to take the rest of the country down with you.

Comment

I can totally understand it....

....I mean when you watch your small town destroyed by monolithic enterprises that outsource everything and duck their share of the taxes while offsetting their employee costs onto the taxpayers....

I'd be pissed, too.

But.....

Should the economy become stronger, the little guys will have to start hiring again. I just wish employees didn't cost so much! I don't mind paying a good wage....but all the shit the gov't piles on....Worker's Comp premiums, unemployment, payroll taxes, etc....that make me want to not hire anyone I don't absolutely need.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
            So they're going to make their business succeed by strangling it themselves? :loco:

You're motherfucking right I blame them. Just because you're delusional doesn't mean you have to take the rest of the country down with you.
            they are getting along fine in many cases by working the shit out of the staff they have. They can get by, not ideal and its hard on morale but like the ship guy above says until some shit changes why would you hire anyone one thats not absolutely necessary???

And you call me the delusional one haha
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

E30 buildy things
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

Originally posted by mar1t1me View Post
                I can totally understand it....

....I mean when you watch your small town destroyed by monolithic enterprises that outsource everything and duck their share of the taxes while offsetting their employee costs onto the taxpayers....

I'd be pissed, too.

But.....

Should the economy become stronger, the little guys will have to start hiring again. I just wish employees didn't cost so much! I don't mind paying a good wage....but all the shit the gov't piles on....Worker's Comp premiums, unemployment, payroll taxes, etc....that make me want to not hire anyone I don't absolutely need.
                Exactly! I know where I work we are only hiring people that are absolutely necessary because of these exact reasons. It gets expensive!

Vinyl Lettering

Comment

More bark than bite. No small business owner is going to actually stop hiring if their business is expanding.

They're trying to make a point.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Where I work we just hire temps. We have a guy that works in the same department as I do that has been a temp for the last 9 month. They don't get benifits through our company, but I think the temp agency lets them purchase it through them. So when we hire him on finally it should be like an instant raise... Just would suck to have to pay for everything out of pocket until then.
                    sigpic
                    e30 Sold long ago - Too many BMWs since then... For now 2006 M5

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
                      More bark than bite. No small business owner is going to actually stop hiring if their business is expanding.

I actually agree with you for once.
                      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post

That point being that they've made themselves irrelevant.

Comment

This has pretty much already been eluded to, but hiring decisions aren't just based on the state of the economy. Even if the economy is good, you don't hire someone unless you absolutely need them. Some businesses even thrive in a bad economy. Repo men come to mind.

Price your grog affordably and even the small business micro brewer may find it necessary to hire an extra hand.

"I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
                          -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                            Do you blame them???

All they want to do is make their business succeed, and the policy that has been passed in recent years puts additional burden on them and by doing shit like this they are sending a message to those that are passing it...... Its all they have.
                            Yes I blame them. Small business owner here. We started one business in 2007 and another in 2009. Both businesses have improved as a direct result of some of the policies that have been passed. I personally have seen a $2500 tax credit for investing $10,000 in a start up venture. We have also got an increase in business as a direct result of the bank bailout money. (We work in Charlotte, so the banking industry has a bigger impact on us). We have been busy enough in one of the companies to hire someone. The other is busy but not enough to hire. Overall, we are pretty pleased. I know I don't speak for all business owners, but the Tea Party sure doesn't speak for me.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                              I actually agree with you for once.
                              I'll expect to see a few flying pigs today.

Originally posted by tjts1 View Post
                              That point being that they've made themselves irrelevant.

You do things like this and I agree. But I'm curious just how serious they are.
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Working...
                              X