Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
    He fly's around on a private jet when espousing environmental conservation. He is no different than Al Gore and his mansion that is lit up like a Christmas tree. They say one thing and do another.

Plus, Elon Musk has no power over a sitting president anymore because Obama is not in office. That man took government handouts in the name of the environment.

EDIT: See the bold in your quote: So how exactly does bowing down to the international community with an unenforcable agreement HELP JUST the United States? It doesn't. China says one thing and does another. So all this exercise serves is to make you feel better. Fuck feelings.
    Right because its all about feelings.

Then again, Republicans get their feelings hurt because 2 men/women want to marry each other.
    Steve • Toronto
    1991 318is • Brillantrot
    Build Thread

Comment

A carbon tax does nothing for the environment but it does trash people's pocketbooks. That matters. Everything will cost more. Do you believe that increasing corporate taxes (of any variety) results in only the corporation paying more? Its an expense and therefore gets passed on to the consumer. So any corporate tax is a tax on the end user.
      This is just not true. Maybe a small cost will be passed on to consumers but if there is money to be saved by using more enviormental friendly manufacturing techniques. Businesses will change their practices if there is enough economic incentives in order to increase profit; "this is basic economics and nothing more."

If they don't change there ways and instead simply raise prices, the free market will favor companies who do change their ways and therfore keep prices low. Once again, this is simple economics and nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
        Right because its all about feelings.

Then again, Republicans get their feelings hurt because 2 men/women want to marry each other.
        Some might. Some like me don't give a shit. Broad brush buddy.
        Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
        Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
        Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Some might. Some like me don't give a shit. Broad brush buddy.
          The same broad bush that you paint assuming just because people are for environmental preservation, that they all have 'hurt feelings'.

Anyways, time for me to get out of the igloo and go eat some maple syrup eh.
          Steve • Toronto
          1991 318is • Brillantrot
          Build Thread

Comment

It's not a conspiracy theory. Just another tool to keep the elites like Elon Musk in power while making life for the small town person more reliant on the same elites.
            Meanwhile 5 of the top 10 companies by revenue are in oil and gas, with a further 3 being reliant on the fossil fuel industry. Who exactly has more to lose here?

Remember when I told you your logic wasn't exactly logical?

Comment

Originally posted by Metallated View Post
              This is just not true. Maybe a small cost will be passed on to consumers but if there is money to be saved by using more enviormental friendly manufacturing techniques. Businesses will change their practices if there is enough economic incentives in order to increase profit; "this is basic economics and nothing more."

If they don't change there ways and instead simply raise prices, the free market will favor companies who do change their ways and therfore keep prices low. Once again, this is simple economics and nothing more.
              You admit costs get passed on to consumers and are ok with it. That's fine. Well, its not, but at least you admit it.

Businesses will change manufacturing methods in only two circumstances: 1) it is cheaper to do so or 2) if they are forced to by the government. Conservatives believe in the 1st method while not-so-conservatives believe in the 2nd.

Your second statement seems strange. The market should and usually does dictate prices of goods. The free market doesn't favor companies in any specific way. You don't really get how supply and demand work, do you?

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
                The same broad bush that you paint assuming just because people are for environmental preservation, that they all have 'hurt feelings'.

Anyways, time for me to get out of the igloo and go eat some maple syrup eh.
                Just add bacon and your plan is set. :D

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                  And the two others are Nicaragua and Syria.
                  Nicaragua didn't sign because it thought the agreement didn't go far enough.
                  And Syria is in a war against ISIS, and Turkey, and the US. So no wonder their mind is somewhere else. ;-)

The US has absolutely no excuse to poison the atmosphere that the rest of the world breaths. "Jesus told me so" is NOT an excuse.
                  Cool story.

So why did Canada pull out of the Kyoto Protocol a few years ago?

Canada has no excuse to use billions of gallons of potable water for the tar sands when most of Africa doesn't have access to clean water.

You're just as bad as ol' Herby.
                  Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                  Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                  One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                    Meanwhile 5 of the top 10 companies by revenue are in oil and gas, with a further 3 being reliant on the fossil fuel industry. Who exactly has more to lose here?

Remember when I told you your logic wasn't exactly logical?
                    What does that have to do with anything? Making revenue isn't a crime. Fossil fuel is not a scarce commodity yet. The engine of the world relies on fossil fuel.

The whole world has a lot to lose if you keep attacking fossil fuels and increasing costs because as I have stated, those costs get passed on to the end user. They always do.

My logic is that the people who are advocating getting away from fossil fuels will still use fossil fuels at an exorbitant rate and they can absorb the cost with no change to their lifestyle. Yet, the regular fella, the regular small business with have to bear the cost increase.

The same argument is used FOR a progressive tax system as opposed to a flat tax. $2,000 is a lot of money to someone who makes $40,000 a year but not a lot of money to someone who makes $400,000 a year. Yet most people do not see the flip side of these regulations or they simply don't care. I am betting the latter. The ends always justify the means.

Where do people think "clean energy" comes from? Natural Gas is a fossil fuel. Electricity is created by fossil fuels, wind, solar, hydro or nuclear. Of those, greenies only like wind and solar. And there is no way in hell either one of those will make enough to sustain the economy. The math simply doesn't check. Bury your heads in the sand, please.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Obviously we truly dont rely on fossil fuels alone when countries with much more to lose from going 'green', such as India and China, are doing so anyway.

How come America is less progressive and advanced then China and India, one of which actively moving towards Thorium reactors over building more coal plants, the other moving towards more solar instead of coal.

Couldn't be that most of our government is in the pockets of all the fossil fuel companies here, which have a great deal to lose if we switch to more renewable, since they were ignorant of the times and didn't begin to invest in it heavily 15 years ago.

Please get off the 'math doesnt add up' to use more renewable sources. Its like you parrot Fox News all day.
                      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                      willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                        Obviously we truly dont rely on fossil fuels alone when countries with much more to lose from going 'green', such as India and China, are doing so anyway.

How come America is less progressive and advanced then China and India, one of which actively moving towards Thorium reactors over building more coal plants, the other moving towards more solar instead of coal.

Couldn't be that most of our government is in the pockets of all the fossil fuel companies here, which have a great deal to lose if we switch to more renewable, since they were ignorant of the times and didn't begin to invest in it heavily 15 years ago.

Please get off the 'math doesnt add up' to use more renewable sources. Its like you parrot Fox News all day.
                        The EPA doesn't like nuclear reactors. China or India doesn't have the EPA to cock-block new reactors. "All nuclear is bad in the United States," says enviros and the EPA. But they make the absolute most sense if you want clean energy.

Solar is great too. But when local environmentalists use the NIMBY principle to stop all power grids from being built, THE FUCKING MATH DOESN'T ADD UP!

The fossil fuel companies will be building nuclear plants, laying down solar fields when the business is viable and possible. Now its neither.

You either want to save the environment or charge up your iPhone. Solar and wind do not cut it. We are going to impact the environment no matter what we do. Dams are coming down in California killing hydroelectric power because they want the streams to go natural. Nuclear plants are shutting down because of fear-mongering lefties. Solar plants are being blocked because the environmental impact is too great. And no one in their right mind wants to look at giant fucking windmills.

THE MATH DOESN'T ADD UP. Either make some damn sense or GTFO.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

What does that have to do with anything? Making revenue isn't a crime. Fossil fuel is not a scarce commodity yet. The engine of the world relies on fossil fuel.
                          Just another tool to keep the elites like Elon Musk in power while making life for the small town person more reliant on the same elites.
                          You stated that AGW science is a tool to keep elites like Elon Musk in power and us reliant on him. I have shown you that he is a small fish, and by your own admittance we are reliant on the product made available to us by the very people at the top who make Musk and Tesla look like a lemonade stand. Who's in power here, who are we slaves to? Glad to see you're incapable of discerning who's truly pulling the strings.

And fwiw, I'd love to see nuclear dominate. It's safe and leaps and bounds cleaner than coal. We're always going to be dependent on electricity, might as well make it as efficiently as possible with reasonable cost to the environment.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                            You stated that AGW science is a tool to keep elites like Elon Musk in power and us reliant on him. I have shown you that he is a small fish, and by your own admittance we are reliant on the product made available to us by the very people at the top who make Musk and Tesla look like a lemonade stand. Who's in power here, who are we slaves to? Glad to see you're incapable of discerning the true puppet master.
                            I didn't mean to say they make us reliant on Elon Musk specifically, just that the elites get to satisfy their moral needs while never feeling the effect of the policies they push. Elon Musk suckles at the teat of the government for everything he does though and there is no denying that.

We are reliant on fossil fuel, not the companies themselves. The names of the companies don't matter at all, just that they get it out of the ground and usable. Once again, the companies are NOT to blame for the need of fossil fuel. They aren't tobacco companies for heaven's sake.

And fwiw, I'd love to see nuclear dominate. It's safe and leaps and bounds cleaner than coal. We're always going to be dependent on electricity, might as well make it as efficiently as possible with reasonable cost to the environment.
                            I 100,000,000% agree with you. Then tell all your friends who are anti-nuclear (if you have any who are anti-nuclear) that the benefits by far outweigh the negatives.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Would love to see the Thorium reactors become widespread.
                              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I feel like Nuclear isn't actually hated by the majority of Americans, Its really fear-mongering by those in the spotlight telling them to be afraid. I'd bet strong money that fossil fuel industries have it in their best interests to lobby against them and take advantage of the situation too.

The way you type marshall its like Musk is this big bad business man, but Fossil fuel industries are our saviors who will switch energy 'when the time is right'.

I don't get where you get your math either, its been done, it can be done, dont pull the 'doesnt work in bigger countries' either.
                                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X