• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

Bruh, you're an NPC
    OMG you guys crack me up.

I was going to use a more recent example from more modern times than cigarettes, but that's another debate.

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Originally posted by AlexJ View Post
    You have some hang-ups, my guy. I didn't call you dumb or lazy or even imply such.
    That part I misread and apologize. Finally need reading glasses, and don't always have them, read it as "wasting time on youtube".

Leave a comment:

• decay
    replied
    You have some hang-ups, my guy. I didn't call you dumb or lazy or even imply such.

Arguing against the substantial role played by humans in impacting the climate is arguing against all peer-reviewed findings on the matter. If this isn't foolish, then it's tragically arrogant, at the very least.

Science evolves, huh? Jeez Louise. Well, thanks for the heads-up. I'll be sure to keep it in mind. To pay the favor back, let me recommend that you never hold your breath waiting for the climate compendium to be turned on it's head. Science is iteration, a never-ending line of small confirmations and denials, of confidence-building and second-guessing. How much time, energy and resources are put into gathering that first bit of knowledge? How much more before it's accepted among one's peers? How much more until the entire field is wlling to hang their collective reputations on it's veracity? How much more for all fields adjacent? How much more for the entire civilized world? How many times do various, independent developed models have to reach the same conclusions? You'd think everyone just woke up one morning and all coincidentally decided to believe in the same lie. That you know better because they don't know what they're doing at all.

Get real.
    arite son. yeah, gloves-off is the rules in P&R, and i'm as guilty as a few others here of that.

even as someone who deployed to a part of the world where environmental practices permantly ruined the place- trust that it was some shit seeing somewhere in the world where nothing grows because there's no topsoil anymore and the sun "sets" 10 degrees above the horizon because air pollution- and then became a direct-action environmental activist (can't discuss too many details, the statute of limitations hasn't expired yet, but i did make a thread about my Standing Rock deploy in this subforum)- and then used that GI Bill money to go to school for environmental science to further understand the subject-

Firebird and i have gotten into it a few times and not just in this thread, but he's one of the last remaining members willing to discuss the issue reasonably and make his own data-driven arguments and then discuss what they mean. wait until you meet mrsleeve, if that dude shows up again, but i'm pretty sure he's given up on e30 projects and is still driving a ford f450.

maybe read a few pages back in the thread, because you just walked into a discussion that's been ongoing for years, and there's been a good debate going lately. remember how a couple people told you this ain't reddit?

choose your targets more carefully before you go weapons-hot.

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied

Arguing against the substantial role played by humans in impacting the climate is arguing against all peer-reviewed findings on the matter. If this isn't foolish, then it's tragically arrogant, at the very least.

Science evolves, huh? Jeez Louise. Well, thanks for the heads-up. I'll be sure to keep it in mind. To pay the favor back, let me recommend that you never hold your breath waiting for the climate compendium to be turned on it's head. Science is iteration, a never-ending line of small confirmations and denials, of confidence-building and second-guessing. How much time, energy and resources are put into gathering that first bit of knowledge? How much more before it's accepted among one's peers? How much more until the entire field is wlling to hang their collective reputations on it's veracity? How much more for all fields adjacent? How much more for the entire civilized world? How many times do various, independent developed models have to reach the same conclusions? You'd think everyone just woke up one morning and all coincidentally decided to believe in the same lie. That you know better because they don't know what they're doing at all.

Get real.
    Bruh, you're an NPC

Can't even have a conversation about this topic without being a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles.

Remember when doctors used to recommend one brand of cigarettes vs another because they were 'healthier?' You probably would have believed that.

You are incapable of even addressing some of Forced's points, because you're too flustered that someone doesn't sip on the same juice as you. Is it too much to handle that some people don't flick the TV on and take everything said at surface value like you do- only assuming. Is it bizarre to think for yourself?

I think you should give it a shot.

Leave a comment:

• AlexJ
    replied

Get real.

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    NASA, NOAA, IPC, IPCC, CRP, EEA, UNEP, PEMSEA, every major university, every nation that can fund climate research, every environmental scientist, climatologist, meteorologist, and forensic archaeologist... they're all wrong. My mind is thoroughly blown and I feel lost as to what the next steps are. All I know is that, Firebird, we gotta get you in touch with these organizations so that you can explain the facts, make sure they watch these YouTube videos and read the comment sections, and prevent the waste of an untold and unfathomable degree of time and resources. If we hurry, it may not be too late!
    I am so glad you can use my opinion to even come close to gauging my intelligence! I know what my score is on the dummy test, and where my intelligence stands in relation to the rest of the population. lol

Again, Mr. CNN, where did I claim the planet isn't warming?

You have no idea what I am doing right now, when I watch videos, and frankly it has nothing to do with the conversation. But if it makes you happier, it's $50/hr for me to be sitting at this PC when programming ECU's. Since I can walk and chew gum at the same time, why not write computers while having something play on my other screen, or on the shop radio? To suggest I am not a productive member of society, guess you are entitled to that opinion, but can tell you have no idea.

Did you click on my links? One came from the same freaking source you linked earlier! Haha. No, you didn't because you are just going to keep posting nonsense, try to come up with a way to be passive-aggressive and suggest I'm a fool while avoiding the questions.

The only reason I mentioned the comment on youtube was because I opened the page to post the link, and it was right there, first post.

Again, now that you have beat around the bush, show me proof that the planet wouldn't be warming naturally if humans weren't here?

Are you going to tell me that the planet is naturally ice capped based on our understanding of the glacial procession, or could possibly, just maybe that it was already trending?

And you do know science is forever evolving, right? If science was fact, we would still be the center of the solar system, doctors would be putting leeches on you, and people would still be getting lobotomies.

Leave a comment:

• AlexJ
    replied
    NASA, NOAA, IPC, IPCC, CRP, EEA, UNEP, PEMSEA, every major university, every nation that can fund climate research, every environmental scientist, climatologist, meteorologist, and forensic archaeologist... they're all wrong. My mind is thoroughly blown and I feel lost as to what the next steps are. All I know is that, Firebird, we gotta get you in touch with these organizations so that you can explain the facts, make sure they watch these YouTube videos and read the comment sections, and prevent the waste of an untold and unfathomable degree of time and resources. If we hurry, it may not be too late!

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Yes, I am an angler and lived near the oceans all my life. I remember when horseshoe crabs would come marching up on the beach, hundreds of them - haven't seen one in the wild in many years. Mahi Dolphin, Snook, and many other fish have bag/size limits that get tighter every year - look what happened to crab season.

Again, I am not a climate denier, just not convinced humans did it.

do you know who came up with "net zero"? Not who you would think....

✉️ OUR NEWSLETTER: https://www.abundantia.co/📚 OUR COURSE/MEMBERSHIP: http://jointheorder.co/🎫 JOIN OUR CHANNEL (get perks): https://bit.ly/3e1MhsoThis is ...

Fun watch, had this on in the background earlier while writing MS tunes lol. Check out the comments about seawater ph.

This is the story of how we discovered the planet was warming, and why. Learn the building blocks of climate science with Brilliant: https://www.brilliant.or...

Leave a comment:

• decay
    replied
    Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    crustacean

Fat fingers typing on a phone and missed typed "life extinction dwindles", not meaning new life. I stand corrected.

Yes, marine life seems to have trouble absorbing oxygen when water is stagnant (becomes saturated with co2). Same thing happens in our aquariums - water slows down, the life in the tank slows down. Usually can tell when the aerator has malfunctioned by the behavior of the fish before noticing absence of bubbles - I tend to keep a large bio-load in the displayed tanks, so the balance is kinda fragile, even with plants, crustacean, mollusc and controlled algae, water changes are still 2x wk.
    the salient point there is that a huge part of humanity depends on marine life for a food source.

that's why overfishing is a thing- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overfishing which is another example of human activity impacting an ecosystem.

i'm not a marine biologist; if i wanted to be on a boat for months at a time i'd have been a gunner in the navy or coast guard rather than sending myself to the sandbox. fuck that.

but. as a proficient builder and tuner you have to be familiar with the concept of a cascading failure. one problem causes another, or they happen in concert, and outcome is you've got a hole in your block.

marine food stock gets further depleted at the same time that more arable land to grow food on becomes unviable and we're looking at global famine. you and i will probably be okay because third-world countries will be impacted first, but who among us wants to watch people die en masse...

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    crustacean
    Originally posted by decay View Post

that permian extinction- the one 250m years ago, with the fat red crest in the graph you posted- erased 96% of marine life.

keeping the gloves on this time. brother. are you *sure* you're ready to describe that as "dwindling"?
    Fat fingers typing on a phone and missed typed "life extinction dwindles", not meaning new life. I stand corrected.

Yes, marine life seems to have trouble absorbing oxygen when water is stagnant (becomes saturated with co2). Same thing happens in our aquariums - water slows down, the life in the tank slows down. Usually can tell when the aerator has malfunctioned by the behavior of the fish before noticing absence of bubbles - I tend to keep a large bio-load in the displayed tanks, so the balance is kinda fragile, even with plants, crustacean, mollusc and controlled algae, water changes are still 2x wk.

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Sounds spooky.

Leave a comment:

• decay
    replied
    Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    How many of you have actually done the double slit in real life? Demonstrated it to the young'ins many times, both aquatically and with photons.
    but you changed the results of the experiment by looking at it with your kids! XD

This “temporal interference” technology could be a game-changer in producing time crystals or photon-based quantum computers.

quantum physics is some strange shit i'll never understand. much smarter brains than mine have tried and failed, so i don't feel bad about it.

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
    You do realize George that your graphic above only comes to the conclusion that there has been cooling in the last 23 years by SELECTIVELY picking 1998 as the year to break up a homogeneous data set in to 2 distinct categories...right? If you applied the same statistical fit model to the entire data set (1983 thru 2012) the global warming would be on the order of >1C, completely nullifying the argument of the idiot who made that graphic.

Splitting the data in to two sets and two trends around the year 1988 was done purely to further the loaded convictions of the person who made it.

Don't believe me? let's try an experiment: I'll pick a totally arbitrary date to split up the data and then I'll look selectively at only the data within that range. Sept '06 through Jan '08. OMG global cooling of over 0.6C! Wow, isn't that amazing! Huge global cooling? All climate scientists are idiots! /sarcasm
    From 2013

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    One more thought before I sign off. Take this with a grain of salt.

If the double slit experiment shows us how waves of information and/or light, gravity, weak/strong force get amplified with wave function, my little tiny human brain tells me that there will be natural amplifications during occurrence of earth functions.

Perhaps the logic is overriding experience, I can only state on an e30 forum what my experience vs information that was provided. If you have a valid debate, this is the platform, at this moment to discuss at hand.

If you want personal details, my son (second of four) is in welding school and washing dishes to pay for it. He lost 25% of his wages this week due to smashing his finger with a slag chipping hammer at school, he can't wash. If he was actually on a job welding, he would have stayed the day, good welders make 6 figures easily, he is washing dishes for $13/hr and paying for his tech school (we allow free room/board as long as you are in school/tech).

I shoveled concrete in the Florida sun for $4/hr in 1995 and mom charged me $75/wk rent. "Whoa is me".
    Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 12-06-2022, 10:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Bite taken.

I will never say we don't have an impact on the future.

Will I say humans have a huge impact geologically? From the information I have been fed, along with observation, I say that's highly unlikely.

That saw tooth between 275mysa and 375mya is fairly measurable, if I were to look at a o-scope, or even an IQ test, we would contrive the pattern is going to repeat.

Everything I have observed happens on a cyclical. Personally, I look at science, and if possible, recreate circumstances.

How many of you have actually done the double slit in real life? Demonstrated it to the young'ins many times, both aquatically and with photons.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X