Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the top 1%

just great
    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
    Sir Winston Churchill

That's awesome but better yet get rid of them altogether.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

But hey guys. They worked hard for that money. You know, personal responsibility and something something.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
        Yet, when people bitch about the abuse of power from the top 1%, you fall over backwards to defend them?

CEOs are barely more than a good ol' boy system of back scratching and golden parachutes.
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
          Yet, when people bitch about the abuse of power from the top 1%, you fall over backwards to defend them?

CEOs are barely more than a good ol' boy system of back scratching and golden parachutes.

It's that way for every rich person?
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

no, not defend them, its just that they are not the problem to begin with.
            don't you get it? the top one percent change constantly, its not some super secret group. the ability to attain wealth is what drives the economy.
            take away upward mobility, and you'll kill this country. and demonizing it as obama does is the worst thing i've seen a president do since clinton lied to a grand jury.
            its shameful.
            Last edited by gwb72tii; 11-02-2011, 05:52 PM.
            “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I liked the link but gwb72tii z31 did mention "abuse of power" for a reason. Success is good, cheating/abusing power is not. Can you grasp that?
              Last edited by Dozyproductions; 11-02-2011, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
                I liked the link but gwb72tii z31 did mention "abuse of power" for a reason. Success is good, cheating/abusing power is not. Can you grasp that?
                this

Yeah it was "modest performance goals" and GOVT employees is where the issue lies for me
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

look, i work on "wall street"
                  cheaters, liers, abusers should be hung by their thumbs and publicly flogged
                  but to generalize the top 1% as the problem is simply not correct
                  the ability to improve yourself is why this country was founded, that there are no classes, all men are created equal etc
                  demonizing the successful dumbs down the argument and is frankly why the OWS doesn't know its ass from a hot rock

but i digress

fannie and freddie were/are at the heart of what happened to real estate in this country, and their respective mandates by congress to underwrite subprime loans
                  to give government employees bonuses for doing their jobs, just like the bankers who got their's in 2009, is not right. eh?

and, btw, where's the fucking self righteous outrage from the likes of PMSNBC, CBS, ABC etc?
                  Last edited by gwb72tii; 11-02-2011, 07:17 PM.
                  Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Stale.
                    Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
                      Stale.
                      Like CEO's who give themself a $30million bonus, while working guys on the floor so tired they get injured?

yeah, that should be cool.
                      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

sorry, CEO's do not give themselves bonuses
                        look up corporate governance
                        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Rich corporate executives effectively run not only this country but society in its entirety. Not all, but many of them use their power to write themselves ever larger paychecks while cutting jobs, pay and benefits. They use their ever growing fortunes to influence politics and support politicians and policies which make them and their companies richer and more powerful.

Economics isn't entirely impersonal. You can't just chalk up every recession or depression to some mathematical economic formula. There are powerful people in this world and their decisions have real effects, both good and bad, on people and on society. I don't care how many degrees you have, what you invented, or how much money you have. There is no amount of money or qualifications that allow you to have unchecked influence over society and individuals. Those that have this sort of influence are the 1%.
                          Last edited by LBJefferies; 11-04-2011, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                            sorry, CEO's do not give themselves bonuses
                            look up corporate governance
                            still a good ol' boys club.

Comment

"How can a corporation be regulated by a government, that is funded and controlled by corporations? How can their be accountability for people who see a profit margin above the lives of Americans? Above the lives of human beings in other countries?" - Immortal Technique
                              My previous build (currently E30-less)
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Working...
                              X