Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when the law fails...

a whole lot of WTF is going on here.

From Fox 13 in Tampa comes the horrifying story of Nick Christie, a 62-year-old Ohio man who was detained by the Lee County Sheriff's Office for being publicly intoxicated. While Christie's wife asked that he be taken to the hospital, Lee County cops decided instead to strip Christie naked, tie him to a chair, cover his face, and then pepper spray him repeatedly, until he died:

The District 21 Medical Examiner ruled his death was a homicide because he had been restrained and sprayed with pepper sprayed by law enforcement officers. But to this day, nobody has ever been charged with a crime, and the Lee County State Attorney cleared the sheriff's office of any wrong doing.

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Yeah I saw that a few days ago. Disgusting and do I really need to go any more into it than that??
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Had that been one of my family members, better clear a cell for me...because the bodies are going to be piled up quite high.

Comment

I bet they tried to shut off the gas valve inside his house.

Comment

And that jail trainee will have shit to pay for breaking the silence. With the mentality required to explain the actions of our law enforcement, in cases like this, makes you say that is the wicked that watch over us and not the opposite. Horrible, horrible, horrible.

Comment

Some people are just fucking evil and or get more emotional than needed because they get sick and tired of dealing with people that are mentally I'll or belligerent. But what it also comes down to is lack of training by the officers involved. Same bullshit happens in many shootings because cops aren't trained enough in calming situations that are escalating. So the gun gets used and they let the lawyers sort it out. Or in this case let the lawyers try to sweep it under the rug.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
              Some people are just fucking evil and or get more emotional than needed because they get sick and tired of dealing with people that are mentally I'll or belligerent. But what it also comes down to is lack of training by the officers involved. Same bullshit happens in many shootings because cops aren't trained enough in calming situations that are escalating. So the gun gets used and they let the lawyers sort it out. Or in this case let the lawyers try to sweep it under the rug.
              Lack of training? Try a lack of humility. Integrity has no need for rules.
              "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

I thought pepper spray was supposed to be non lethal and temporary. At least thats what they were saying in that other thread.

Comment

nice attempt to troll, you know the differences here! Grow the fuck up

For fucks sake the giver of life, water is wonderful and very necessary, to continue being alive. But in a large enough dose it can be fatal right
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
                    Lack of training? Try a lack of humility. Integrity has no need for rules.
                    I covered that in the first part of my post. There are some fucked up people out there.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                      a whole lot of WTF is going on here.

From Fox 13 in Tampa comes the horrifying story of Nick Christie, a 62-year-old Ohio man who was detained by the Lee County Sheriff's Office for being publicly intoxicated. While Christie's wife asked that he be taken to the hospital, Lee County cops decided instead to strip Christie naked, tie him to a chair, cover his face, and then pepper spray him repeatedly, until he died:

The District 21 Medical Examiner ruled his death was a homicide because he had been restrained and sprayed with pepper sprayed by law enforcement officers. But to this day, nobody has ever been charged with a crime, and the Lee County State Attorney cleared the sheriff's office of any wrong doing.

http://reason.com/blog/2011/12/23/le...uspect-to-a-ch
                      You're an anti-power guy. Me too.

The guy that did this was sick. An asshole who understood very little outside his own grasp of what humans are. Not a representative of the law.

Please pick battles that appeal to more than just sensationalists.

Comment

Police get much higher grade spray, makes the stuff we can buy look like hot sauce. It can cause blindness, large chemical burns, internal damage, etc. It's no joke. And they are WELL AWARE OF THIS.
                        It has to do with duration of exposure, and of course the guy was tied to a chair. And inebriated enough for someone to mention 'hospital' to begin with. His liver probably just shut down.
                        I can't imagine what that guy must have said/did to set them off. Truly disgusting.
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
                        If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

That's fucked up. I can't believe the cops are getting away with this.
                          Originally posted by blunttech
                          r3v does not fuck around. First you get banned, then they shoot you

Comment

Working...
                          X