MegaUpload shutdown US gov.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MegaUpload shutdown US gov.

Megaupload has been shutdown by the US gov. Along with all the "Mega" sister sites.
    Proving that even without SOPA and Protect IP, Gov can do as it fuck all pleases anyway. very scary.

Also Millions of totally legal files and data gone because of it.

feel free to google an article about it from the source of your choice.

Too lazy to post a link?

Anonymous retaliates by shutting down websites managed by the Department of Justice, the Recording Industry of America, the Motion Picture Association of America and Universal Music.

Originally posted by LJ851
    I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by chadthestampede View Post
      Too lazy to post a link?

Anonymous retaliates by shutting down websites managed by the Department of Justice, the Recording Industry of America, the Motion Picture Association of America and Universal Music.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1217418.html

A comment I liked from reddit:

But this script couldn't have been more well-written by the MPAA itself. It reeks of False Flag.
      The perfect justification for a crackdown.
      The perfect "victimization" of MPAA.

We live on this crazy roller coaster and we're all along for the ride.

Comment

And as fast as the Feds shut them down, they return. ;)

You can thank me later (if you use Megaupload). Oh and feel free to share this link with everyone. SOPA & PIPA = FAIL!!! :)

Comment

http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/di...es-denied-bail

Fuck off FBI waffleswaffleswaffleswaffless, this aint the US.
          sigpic

Comment

things like this anger me. The government is slowly trying to take control of things that they normally cannot. I give it 4 years before we are all given a federally mandated user ID and password to just use the Internet. Our government can't crackdown on people misusing financial aid, food stamps, and other types of government assistance, but yet they have to worry about people sharing electronically stored files and media. It's a load of shit and I support Anonymous' moves on this one.

I am waiting for a revolution from this country, it needs it. I just people would wake up and see how slowly each of our freedoms and rights are being swiped away from us because of the "war on terrorism" or "to prevent terrorism".
            1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
            2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
            2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

Id bet Rapidshare is next....
              Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by HR2L View Post
                And as fast as the Feds shut them down, they return. ;)

You can thank me later (if you use Megaupload). Oh and feel free to share this link with everyone. SOPA & PIPA = FAIL!!! :)
                Down already?
                M20B23 Euro 323i - The Legend Of Ron Burgundrot

Comment

First online poker, now this?

Fuck me
                  No E30 Club
                  Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                  Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Ready Shut it down! Shut it all down....
                    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I though this was America?

Comment

Originally posted by redsubdivisions View Post
                        Our government can't crackdown on people misusing financial aid, food stamps, and other types of government assistance, but yet they have to worry about people sharing electronically stored files and media.
                        Pennsylvania, considered one of the most corrupt states in regards to food stamps, has something less than a 2% fraud rate. So less than 2% of people are wrongly on food stamps.

I hate to go all high-horse, because I used to do it to, but what you call "sharing" is actually stealing. And don't give me some crap about "those people wouldn't have bought it anyway."
                        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                          Pennsylvania, considered one of the most corrupt states in regards to food stamps, has something less than a 2% fraud rate. So less than 2% of people are wrongly on food stamps.

I hate to go all high-horse, because I used to do it to, but what you call "sharing" is actually stealing. And don't give me some crap about "those people wouldn't have bought it anyway."
                          You must be a Mac user.
                          1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
                          2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
                          2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

Why do people get so butthurt when their access to pirated music and movies is cut off. I support the spirit of what the gov't and RIAA is trying to do. File sharing is supposed to be used for the exchange of media that was not created with the intent to turn a profit, not for copyright infringement.

Comment

Originally posted by redsubdivisions View Post
                              You must be a Mac user.
                              Witty and poignant.

But no, I dislike Apple products and do not own any.
                              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Working...
                              X