Thoughts on Abortion

What are your thoughts on abortion...Discuss

This video made me think about it:

Still thinking about where I stand on this issue
    Pro-choice
    75.61%
    Pro-life
    24.39%
    Last edited by mcruz121; 02-08-2012, 06:58 PM.

oh fuck this!
    let people do whatever they want!

people need to stop infringing their belief systems onto the rest of socciety, some of us just dont care!

and a side note, if i knocked some dumb slut up, everyone and their mother know's i'd be fishing up with a rusty clothes hanger.

Comment

It's kinda tough for me. I hate the thought of it and how selfish it is, yet in a bad situation it could pretty much save your life. So I am for it.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

It's just as selfish to bring a baby into the world knowing that you dont have the time, money etc. to take care of it.

Comment

I consider myself a liberal, but the thought of abortion sickens me more than anything else. I'm a firm believer that life begin's at conception, not when you have a face staring back at you to understand your consequences. Apart from situations which put the mothers life at risk, I think it to be barbaric to destroy a life.

Comment

I said my piece, i be done with it.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
              I consider myself a liberal, but the thought of abortion sickens me more than anything else. I'm a firm believer that life begin's at conception, not when you have a face staring back at you to understand your consequences. Apart from situations which put the mothers life at risk, I think it to be barbaric to destroy a life.
              +1

Nobody wants to accept responsibility for their actions. It is so selfish of people to think that they can "get away" with aborting a life so that they can continue living how they want to live, free of responsibility and financial burden. The only exceptions for abortion in my mind are those extreme cases where the mother has a very high risk of dying during pregnancy/delivery due to complications or a pregnancy that was due to a rape.

Comment

More pro life than pro choice. Abortion has it's place. But should not be used as birth control.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Not that I would personally partake in my personal life or would like it if a woman I was with was going to go ahead with one with out involving me in the decision 1st.

Its not my place nor anyone else's place to tell someone else that they cant go ahead and have one though. I do not condone them as a form of B.C. though, just so you can fuck with out taking the proper precautions if your not wanting to have kids

Edit: I guess the best way to put it, is I am personally pro life, but fundamentally, I am pro choice as its none of my business what others do with their lives
                  Last edited by mrsleeve; 02-08-2012, 07:11 PM.
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
                    More pro life than pro choice. Abortion has it's place. But should not be used as birth control.
                    If my wife got pregnant, we wouldn't have one (even though neither of us want children, but have the means to take care of one), but I don't think I should have the right to disallow others.

However, I do disagree about life at conception.

It's hard to argue the "viability" aspect, since you aren't really self-sufficient until years after you are born.
                    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post

Its not my place nor anyone else's place to tell someone else that they cant go ahead and have one though. I do not condone them as a form of B.C. though, just so you can fuck with out taking the proper precautions if your not wanting to have kids
                      This is something the video touches on comparing it to the holocaust. He makes a very interesting point that it's our responsibility to stand up for those with no "voice."

Also, I'm am trying to figure out when life "starts"

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                        I do not consider myself a liberal at all but I'm with you on on the issue.

As far as rape and life threatening situations, that is a tough issue and hard to argue if you have never or will never be in that situation. I know my wife would choose the life of the baby over her own and I can't even try to think about how I would feel about that. I do know that if my wife were to be raped, we would both choose to raise the child.
                        sigpic

Comment

was this thread inspired by tosh.0 from last night?

Comment

About 30% of our population should have been aborted. It shouldn't just be allowed, it should be encouraged. Too many incompetent and irresponsible people are reproducing.
                            S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
                            What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
                            Originally posted by slammin.e28
                            I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

This is a fucking car forum. Why are we discussing this?
                              sigpic
                              Turbo Cabrio project: http://eurowerks.org/showthread.php?t=19677

Comment

Working...
                              X