Geopolitics of the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geopolitics of the US

This is a great article on Stratfor about Geopolitics of the US. They examine a lot of different countries but I only read the US article hah! Anyway, the article argues that the reason for US dominance is because of our abundance of flat and fertile farmland in the midwest along with a navigable river system which allows for cheap transport of goods. It continues by saying that through our military and political involvement in the 19th and 20th centuries, we now have almost complete control and security over the worlds trade routes. The only place that could ever surpass the US is a hypothetical meganation in Eurasia.

America isn't going anywhere folks!

good luck on the euro mega whatever

btw - stratfor is a really good website
    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Anyone who paid attention to 6th-9th grade social studies, history, and civics would know what you posted.
      1985 BMW 325e
      1997 BMW M3/4/5
      2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

Originally posted by e30e View Post
        Anyone who paid attention to 6th-9th grade social studies, history, and civics would know what you posted.
        Not so much.

Yeah we were told that crops are grown in the midwest and America grew during the 19th century and we won World War II etc. But we never went into detail about how the midwest has the highest concentration of arable farmland in the world or how the river system is ideal and there is no other like it in the world. Or how the Spanish endorsed landholders in Texas encouraged Americans to settle there in a deliberate attempt to encourage annexation. Or how the US was given control of every naval asset after world war II and this allowed control of the oceans. Also I think that the popular opinion today is that China's economy and dominance will surpass that of the US in the near future but this article examines why that will not be the case.

I went to class every day when I was younger and I only remember talking about the basic ideas and then making some bullshit "wagon train journal" out of construction paper. We didn't talk about the ideas in detail like this article does. So no, I think you're wrong in implying that this is common knowledge. Regardless of that, it's nice to read about these things as an interested adult rather than as an apathetic teenager.

Sooooo, you can kindly go fuck yourself.
        Last edited by LBJefferies; 07-08-2012, 07:58 PM.

Comment

durring the cold war, when Russian dignitaries would visit and were flow over the mid west they were in disbelief, with our ability to grow food. They spent untold amounts of money on new equipment and gave it to their farmers, but to no avail, they still failed miserably by comparison.
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
          X