Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idiot shoots 14 people at Batman movie in CO.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, that's an awesome idea. Guy comes into a theater, throws a teargas bomb, within a fraction of a second, half the viewers turn around in the dark, draw their guns and start shooting, not even slightly sure of what's actually going on.
    What if next time a 15yo comes in and does something stupid enough to scare everyone?

dirty: not blaming the police force, blaming event holders. He shouldn't have gotten in. You guys are assessing how to handle the situation after he gets in, the point is he never should have.

Sleeve: Yes, can't argue with that. But I'm talking about crowded cities, public places etc.

Comment

^^

Most states you can carry a gun, and CO is one of the better ones

Fusion: Even in public places, you may only have a few seconds to save your ass. Like walking out to your car in a dark parking lot a 1 am after watching a new release movie, you get approached by someone who is looking for trouble. Unless you have that cop in your back pack your still kinda screwed waiting for one
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
        Yeah, that's an awesome idea. Guy comes into a theater, throws a teargas bomb, within a fraction of a second, half the viewers turn around in the dark, draw their guns and start shooting, not even slightly sure of what's actually going on.
        You watch to many movies yourself. Most people would forget that they even had the gun in a time like that. You dont become Rambo when you own a gun. But its the mental thought of the shooter if he knew or thought to know that everyone was armed. He might choose not to do it or do it somewhere else were the risk rewards is slanted his way. Not like he is walking into a police station looking for a fight.

not blaming the police force, blaming event holders. He shouldn't have gotten in. You guys are assessing how to handle the situation after he gets in, the point is he never should have.
        He purchased a ticket, walked out the back door and came back in armed. Not the theaters fault. I'm sure half that theater was geared out in the latest Halloween costume garb.

Yes, can't argue with that. But I'm talking about crowded cities, public places etc.
        Against what this country is founded on.
        Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I understand that, but with a mindset like that, everyone would have to carry or wear bulletproof vests 24/7. The attacker always has theadvantage. How you react and the outcome is a combination of luck, being alert and not tired/drunk, speed, etc. etc. Too many variables. I live in a 350K pop. city and never have I or anyone close to me thought about buying a gun.

Comment

I understand that, but with a mindset like that, everyone would have to carry or wear bulletproof vests 24/7. The attacker always has theadvantage. How you react and the outcome is a combination of luck, being alert and not tired/drunk, speed, etc. etc. Too many variables. I live in a 350K pop. city and never have I or anyone close to me thought about buying a gun.
            I carry a pistol with me about 99.9% of the time when I am not barred by law. Yes when you carry a weapon your situational awareness has to be and is much much greater than most people who dont. We live by a different set of rules when we decide to take on the responsibility of leaving the house with a weapon on our hip. No the only variables out there are the things I cant control and thats what other people do, (why I am carrying that weapon in the 1st place) Your bound by law, and your permit, to not be drunk, high, or other wise incapacitated when you are armed. You dont put your self into a situation where you might need that weapon ON PURPOSE its for defense not to get your ass outta a jamb you should have avoided in the 1st place.

Everyone I know that carries a weapon, takes it very very seriously. the false stereotype propagated by the media and the anti gun people that people that carry a gun are crazy fucks looking for a fight is 180* from the truth, we are not looking for one we try to avoid them at all costs. For if we have to use that weapon someone is prolly going to die by our hand, and even if the fucker has it coming, its still something we will have to live with (not to mention the possible legal implications even if we are right in our judgement let alone if we are wrong). I am ok with that, but I dont want end someones life, unless I have too. I wont think twice about it once the decision has been made but its still not something I want to do.
            Last edited by mrsleeve; 07-20-2012, 08:23 PM.
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
              You watch to many movies yourself. Most people would forget that they even had the gun in a time like that. You dont become Rambo when you own a gun. But its the mental thought of the shooter if he knew or thought to know that everyone was armed. He might choose not to do it or do it somewhere else were the risk rewards is slanted his way. Not like he is walking into a police station looking for a fight.
              I call this kind of anticipation fear. I'd compare it to driving with a helmet, rollcage, 4pt harness, fire ext. in daily traffic or being vaccinated for every disease there is.
              I guess it all comes down to fate, which we can't forsee in any way.
              Even though this event is tragic, the chance of this happening to any of us (in the countries most of us live in) is very very slim and I just hope it doesn't have a dumb legislative outcome.

Sleeve: That's all wonderful, but there's no guarantee that all gun owners (legal or not) live by a set of rules. You carry something that can instantly kill a human being in means of self defense, but the strangers around you have no idea what the gears in your brain are doing.
              Last edited by Fusion; 07-20-2012, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Id say driving around with a spare tire, but yeah I agree with ya

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                  I carry a pistol with me about 99.9% of the time

Ive been a CCW holder for over 10 years now and only carry about 1% of the time. The only times I carry are on road trips or going into places I don't know that are on the shady side of town. (Example here - Hialeah, Mid Town, Little Havana, and Little Haiti) I do carry my Microtech with me a lot more.

Comment

well backkk on topic. sucks to hear this after getting home from work. hope those wounded heal fast and that those families will be able to recover. where is batman when you need him?
                    -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                    -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                    MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                    Got Drop?? ;-)
                    Originally posted by JinormusJ
                    But of course
                    E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                      Ive been a CCW holder for over 10 years now and only carry about 1% of the time. The only times I carry are on road trips or going into places I don't know that are on the shady side of town. (Example here - Hialeah, Mid Town, Little Havana, and Little Haiti) I do carry my Microtech with me a lot more.
                      Well I am always in places I dont know, I travel a lot for a living remember, and I live in a rural area with shit that will eat you when I am home ;) I never very far from a firearm of some kind

William Pitt-

Comment

Is it true that for a while some people actually thought it was "special" part of the premiere, as the media reported here?

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                          Yet again with logic and reason, damn trolls!
                          I hate every post you make Cale. You sound like a fucking moron, and I can only imagine what you're like in real life.

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                          I carry a pistol with me about 99.9% of the time when I am not barred by law.
                          New found respect for sleeve!

Comment

Sleeve: That's all wonderful, but there's no guarantee that all gun owners (legal or not) live by a set of rules. You carry something that can instantly kill a human being in means of self defense, but the strangers around you have no idea what the gears in your brain are doing.
                            Precisly why I stopped communicating with a friend of mine a few months ago. He got a gun license and he also has a mental disorder and lives in BC Canada. We were OK friends b4 and I always used to bug him about his OCD mental disorder (lightly of course, I'm not an animal!) and he'd get cheesed and seemed to blow it off.

Now I'm not so sure he's willing to blow it off, instead he seems more willing to blow me away for joking with him (who know's what it'll take to set him off?!?! I dunno and I'm not willing to find out!).

Call me an ass, but I dont' feel comfortable associating with "friends" who feel the need to carry guns to protect themselves in my presence.

I call this kind of anticipation fear. I'd compare it to driving with a helmet, rollcage, 4pt harness, fire ext. in daily traffic or being vaccinated for every disease there is.

I guess it all comes down to fate, which we can't forsee in any way.

Even though this event is tragic, the chance of this happening to any of us (in the countries most of us live in) is very very slim and I just hope it doesn't have a dumb legislative outcome.
                            I like the way you think...
                            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Why has this thread turned into the same old debate about guns? That discussion was ended when the founding fathers wrote the second amendment and signed the bill of rights. Gun laws wont ever stop gun violence, period. This is a deeper, psychological and social issue about why people do these sorts of things in the first place.

What people should be talking about here is the news media's role in this and the profiteering that results from it. They examine these events like a play by play announcer during a football game. It's sickening. If they stopped plastering the waffleswaffleswaffleswaffless face all over TV then they remove any sort of glorification that these pieces of shit are looking for.

CNN and Fox News are a large reason that these events happen and they play a huge role in the way society reacts to these things. I hesitate to place blame on them, because the fucker was the one who pulled the trigger. Nonetheless, he did it because he wanted to be infamous and these obsolete TV news stations are giving him exactly what he wants.

Comment

My friend played soccer against this kid in high school. Crazy and ever so unfortunate.

Will we go as so far to say the conspiracy in this is to bring about harsher gun control for a possible martial law like state>=?

Comment

Working...
                                X