When CCW saves peoples lives thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cale View Post
    If you need more than 6 rounds to drop an individual that close and still fail, the issue isn't a lack of rounds (which would've been resolve with a higher capacity pistol which is already legal), it's an incompetent owner. By that argument to protect ones house sufficiently you're going to need a 10 round pistol with an extra mag for each additional criminal. I for one don't want to be that useless shooters neighbor. IMO this is just a terrible attempt to stop a terrible law, it's like a playground fight over a cookie. Proper training to the point of proficiency would be much more beneficial than overcoming incompetence with spray and pray shooting.

Sleeve/vdubin wanna chime in here?
    Holy shit, a rational post in this thread? I never thought I'd see the day.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
      Holy shit, a rational post in this thread? I never thought I'd see the day.
      I agree, all 6 of your posts in this thread don't meet this criteria.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
        I agree, all 6 of your posts in this thread don't meet this criteria.
        Seconded. You should hang your head in shame, corvallisbmw.

Those of us who shoot cannot help being perplexed when we encounter people who are apparently haunted by a fixed and morbid aversion to our guns. When first we meet such persons we generally respond with explanations, as is only reasonable. But with time we discover that often we are not dealing with rational minds. This is not to say that everyone who is opposed to shooting is mentally aberrant, but it is to say that those who latch on to an unreasonable notion and thereafter refuse to listen to any further discussion of it have problems that are more amenable to psychiatry than to argument. Jeff Cooper.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by JinormusJ
        Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
        1989 325is Raged on then sold.
        1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
        1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
        1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Again not really a CCW instance but again NO SHOTS FIRED instance of self defense with a firearm and one of those evil "assault weapons" no less. Armed intruders enter a home in NYS, and were confronted by a young man with a AR15 (that was not even loaded, Prolly didn't have a 7 round mag for it yet) and ran off like a scared little bitch ass criminals they are to find some more vulnerable victim .

Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
            Again not really a CCW instance but again NO SHOTS FIRED instance of self defense with a firearm and one of those evil "assault weapons" no less. Armed intruders enter a home in NYS, and were confronted by a young man with a AR15 (that was not even loaded, Prolly didn't have a 7 round mag for it yet) and ran off like a scared little bitch ass criminals they are to find some more vulnerable victim .

http://www.13wham.com/news/local/sto...wgAZpGO4g.cspx
            Sheesh, I kind of wish it was loaded and the kid unloaded on the criminals...

Comment

Twice in a week in Detroit CCWer's save their own lives

If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

not sure if repost but: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuhK...e_gdata_player

Comment

I have had to pull my gun one time and one time only and I was happy I had it. Pulled up to a stop light in a bad part of town at about two am and i saw somebody on foot creeping across the road headed toward me, they were hooded up and looked to be up to no good. My window was down, I acted like I didnt see anything meanwhile pulling my piece and had it ready to go. By the time he was at my window with a knife in hand telling me to get out of the car my 357 was three inches from his forhead. I have never seen somebody run that fast in my life, he should really try out for the Olympic team...

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

3 ARMED INTRUDERS kick mans door in the wee hours of the am. By the time the cops get there 2 are DOA the third ran off decidec this was not a good house to rob.

Standard capacity Mags that hold more than 10 rounds or even more than 7 YES PLEASE what if this guy only was able to have 7 in his home defense weapon

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by tooslow View Post
                      I have had to pull my gun one time and one time only and I was happy I had it. Pulled up to a stop light in a bad part of town at about two am and i saw somebody on foot creeping across the road headed toward me, they were hooded up and looked to be up to no good. My window was down, I acted like I didnt see anything meanwhile pulling my piece and had it ready to go. By the time he was at my window with a knife in hand telling me to get out of the car my 357 was three inches from his forhead. I have never seen somebody run that fast in my life, he should really try out for the Olympic team...

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2
                      dang dude!!

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                        http://www.wric.com/story/21228263/2...spect-at-large

3 ARMED INTRUDERS kick mans door in the wee hours of the am. By the time the cops get there 2 are DOA the third ran off decidec this was not a good house to rob.

Standard capacity Mags that hold more than 10 rounds or even more than 7 YES PLEASE what if this guy only was able to have 7 in his home defense weapon
                        I thought this thread was for CCW holders, not people defending themselves in their houses.

Comment

I thought this thread was for CCW holders, not people defending themselves in their houses.
                          Perhaps a thread title change is in order.
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by JinormusJ
                          Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
                          1989 325is Raged on then sold.
                          1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
                          1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
                          1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

seems to be the best place to post such articles though

William Pitt-

Comment

yeah I think it started as that, but morphed into a more general "where a legal ownership of guns has saved lives, health, or significant loss of property"

...Or something.

Comment

um.....you do realize that the 7 round limit affects all semi auto magazines in New York right?

Comment

Working...
                                X