No announcement yet.

When CCW saves peoples lives thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah sorry it slipped my mind, you're expecting the next pres to be a murderous tyrant. I forgot you guys have been preparing for that for the last 200 years. Best of luck.

Comment

Nope not in the least. That is in fact one of the very reasons the Constitution is our highest law of the land and why we have protections to keep and bare arms. Keeps the oh so benevolent govt from getting to uppity.

Hows that old saying go???

Those who beat their swords into plowshares, usually end up plowing for those who didn't - Ben Franklin IIRC
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

not quite CCW but a home invasion A woman uses a .38 to save her self and her 2 young children from a long time offender arrested 6 times in the last 4 years that had broken into the home. Too bad the shit bag survived his wounds

If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Here's one that happened recently.

Cliffs:

dude #1 threatens a group of people w/ gun
          dude#2 in said group pulls gun and shoots dude #1 in arm
          dude#1 runs and then is arrested after he calls police to help him
          dude#2 has CCW and is not detained

Comment

Not CCW, but still an example of lawful self defense with an interesting observation about magazine capacity.

sigpic
            Originally posted by JinormusJ
            Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
            1989 325is Raged on then sold.
            1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
            1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
            1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Trying to use a woman's terrible shooting skills to necessitate large capacity magazines is lol. She shot 6 rounds at point blank range and couldn't drop him. The number of rounds wasn't the issue, her being incompetent is.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                Trying to use a woman's terrible shooting skills to necessitate large capacity magazines is lol. She shot 6 rounds at point blank range and couldn't drop him. The number of rounds wasn't the issue, her being incompetent is.
                There's more to it than that.
                sigpic
                Don't buy an e30

They're stupid

Comment

I only watched the first 3/4 of it as I was on my way to work, but that was the direction it was being sold as. Whatever the case may be, seems as though they're grasping at straws.

Comment

I only watched the first 3/4 of it as I was on my way to work, but that was the direction it was being sold as. Whatever the case may be, seems as though they're grasping at straws.
                    They are not "grasping at straws", they are including the very real possibility that she could have been in a situation with more than one assailant.
                    sigpic
                    Don't buy an e30

They're stupid

Comment

If you need more than 6 rounds to drop an individual that close and still fail, the issue isn't a lack of rounds (which would've been resolve with a higher capacity pistol which is already legal), it's an incompetent owner. By that argument to protect ones house sufficiently you're going to need a 10 round pistol with an extra mag for each additional criminal. I for one don't want to be that useless shooters neighbor. IMO this is just a terrible attempt to stop a terrible law, it's like a playground fight over a cookie. Proper training to the point of proficiency would be much more beneficial than overcoming incompetence with spray and pray shooting.

Sleeve/vdubin wanna chime in here?

Comment

Tell that to South Carolina State Trooper Mark Coates. The issue isn't marksmanship.
                        sigpic
                        Don't buy an e30

They're stupid

Comment

yes 5 out of 6 center mass is poor shot placement and he is still alive for a 38 special at point blank is odd Big SOB is big. yeah should have shot him in the head, but still you shoot till the threat stops, and in this case if there had been more then one attacker then she would have been fucked. She was very new to the firearm thing, and was hiding in a fucking attic with her 2 children, when dude forces his way in and is basically right on top of them. Hell my carry guns only hold 7 or 8 with one in the hole............ But then again I carry a 45 most of the time not a 38.

Milwaukee: 1/9/13
                          Man with knife tries to rob Quicky Mart, owner with guns trumps man with knife. No shots fired instance of Self Defense with a hand gun, most things like these go unreported when it happens on the street.

Tallahassee 1/2/13
                          Man with cattle prod tries to rob quicky mart. clerk is zapped a few times and manages to pull out his gun. Would be rancher say OH FUCK a FIREARM and abandons the attack and runs away. Again a No shots fired instance of Self Defense with a firearm.
                          Last edited by mrsleeve; 01-10-2013, 11:24 AM.

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                            yes 5 out of 6 center mass and he is still alive for a 38 special at point blank is poor shooting .
                            Are you saying she is not incompetent?
                            sigpic
                            Don't buy an e30

They're stupid

Comment

I say not bad shooting all things considered, hence why I edited that while you were responding to it, because I noticed it read like thats what I was implying

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                                I say not bad shooting all things considered, hence why I edited that while you were responding to it, because I noticed it read like thats what I was implying
                                I was being facetious, I saw the emoticon before I replied. For the record: I appreciate your efforts in support of the second amendment. A sincere thank you.
                                sigpic
                                Don't buy an e30

They're stupid

Comment

Working...
                                X