No announcement yet.

Federal officials mandate consumers must buy at least four gallons of gasoline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Federal officials mandate consumers must buy at least four gallons of gasoline

thought some car guys would be interested in reading whats could be coming down the pipe.

Federal officials mandate consumers must buy at least four gallons of gasoline from certain ethanol-blend pumps

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency will require all consumers to buy at least four gallons of gasoline from certain gas pumps after the new E15 ethanol-gasoline blend is introduced into the market, the American Motorcyclist Association reports. The vast majority of motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles in use today are not designed to operate on E15 fuel.
    The EPA revealed the requirement to the AMA in a letter dated Aug. 1, responding to AMA concerns that E15 -- a gasoline formulation that contains up to 15 percent ethanol by volume – could be put in motorcycle and ATV fuel tanks inadvertently when consumers use blender pumps. A blender pump dispenses different fuel blends through the same hose. ...

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Fucking corn lobbyists.
    sigpic
    -Sean : 91 Calypso 325i : Castro Motorsports SoCal Spec E30 #33

Comment

All fuel in the northeast is all E10 unless aviation LL or racing fuel 98 octane and higher.
      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by priapism View Post
        Fucking corn lobbyists.
        Funny thing is the corn subsidies ran out and this year with horrible drought prices are already on the rise at grocery stores.
        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Yeah this is going to burn up and lot of older cars, think less than 10 years old an back.

What a good way to stimulate the economy. Force people to use a fuel that will burn up their older and generally Paid for cars and trucks and since the newer ones that will run on the shit cost more................. This will also make older cars generally worth scrap value. Need I continue.
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

I've had my own conspiracy theory that the gov is out to destroy old cars; or get them off the road in any way possible. I'll add this to my list of reasons.
            Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
              Funny thing is the corn subsidies ran out and this year with horrible drought prices are already on the rise at grocery stores.
              The less corn, the better.
              2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
              2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
              1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
              1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
              - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
              1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
              1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
              Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

you all read the article, right? the minimum purchase requirement is EPA's attempt to protect the off-road enthusiasts from inadvertantly using incorrect fuel. there are many ways to protect oneself in that scenario other than a min purchase- like go somewhere else?

the greater threat, presumably, is ethanol as cancer- slowly, inexorably contaminating the fuel supply to the detriment of systems not designed for the corrosive effects.

let's talk about that rather than this non-issue. oh wait, that discussion becomes political.

thank goodness for the drought.

Comment

Originally posted by 2761377 View Post
                  you all read the article, right? the minimum purchase requirement is EPA's attempt to protect the off-road enthusiasts from inadvertantly using incorrect fuel. there are many ways to protect oneself in that scenario other than a min purchase- like go somewhere else?
                  Like where, Canada?
                  sigpic
                  -Sean : 91 Calypso 325i : Castro Motorsports SoCal Spec E30 #33

Comment

Time to start refining my own ethanoless fuel?

I mean wtf I agree with the idea that the gov is trying to take old cars off thr road, ex. Cash for clinkers and now this? Stop with the damn corn fuel.
                    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                    willschnitz

Comment

I ran ethanol in my old turbo ix...... planning on doing water/eth/meth injection on this one...... whats the big deal again?

Comment

I run E10 93 octane in my Polaris XC700 (snowmobile) and it seems to do fine on that, but I wouldn't want to run E15. I could rejet the carbs to account for the change but I'd also worry about the corrosive effects. The concentration of ethanol plays a high part in the latter category.
                        "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
                        -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

The ama is also holding a petition against this due to the fact that it kills our motorcycles fuel system. Have had problems and seen many problems come through the dealership. Big $

Comment

Luckily federal law currently prevents use in motorcycles, boats, cars older than 2001, etc:

"I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
                            -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

I thought ethanol only broke down real rubber- like rubber-tree rubber- and anything newer than the late 80s had enough synthetic rubber that the corrosiveness wouldn't bother it. Compare it to running seafoam 24/7...awesome. But yeah that shit will melt shit if it is shit. And if you have a 2 stroke goodluck because it will make sure that oil isn't helping.

kills our motorcycles fuel system.
                              Looking inside my bike's carb there is a plastic float thing.... the rtv seal around the bowl..... brass jets I think.... and needle.... just trying to figure out what in the fuel system would be 'killed' with ethanol.

The model T ran on ethanol 100 years ago when people were still shitting in buckets so I am pretty sure we are smart enough to figure it out now.

Maybe we should put lead back in our fuel so I don't have to rebuild the Pontiac engine?

Comment

Working...
                              X