"NY SAFE" passed in less than 24 hours.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"NY SAFE" passed in less than 24 hours.

I do my best to avoid this part of the forum, but this just has me fuming mad. I don't even want my damn AR anymore.

Knee Jerk Reactions...

Comment

"...and [the new gun law] increases prison sentences for using guns in various crimes or taking them onto school grounds."

Really? Are the politicians in New York really that hopelessly ignorant and oblivious, or are they fully aware that this law will do nothing but boost their political standing?

I tend to think the latter, as I can't imagine that anyone is seriously stupid enough to think that making repercussions more dire for carrying a gun onto school property will actually curb people like the Conn. shooter.

...because I bet that if he (the shooter) only knew that he would get more prison time for carrying his gun where he did, he probably wouldn't have considered shooting all those kids and then killing himself! The risk of jail time would have been too great!

Comment

The sooner we all realize its not about safety and realize its really all about CONTROL, the sooner we can find meaningful solutions to the issues at hand. Issues that have been on a sharp decrease, in the face of increased presence of legal firearms.

Then we can have a real discussion about this, until then, its pointless. Because if it were about safety then we would be banning hands and feet, Knives, ball bats and other blunt instruments, because more murders and assaults are committed with them than Rifles of all types let alone the "Assault Weapon with a high capacity CLIP". The Feds own Stats reflect this, but they are ignored. WHY is that??
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

^hey look the rifle reference again. All aboard the train to Broken Recordville

I disagree with many points of this btw, definitely a futile attempt.

Comment

well why try and ban rifles when hand guns are responsible for the vast majority of gun crime, and more crime is committed with objects other than Rifles of all types ???

Answer that and then we can have that talk, and bitch about the broken record thing.
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
              Because if it were about safety then we would be banning hands and feet, Knives, ball bats and other blunt instruments, because more murders and assaults are committed with them than Rifles of all types let alone the "Assault Weapon with a high capacity CLIP". WHY is that??
              Geeze, that's a really hard question, but let me try to answer: because you can't ban hands, feet or baseball bats you fucking retard.

Comparing AR-15s to knives is like comparing apples to dragons.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                well why try and ban rifles when hand guns are responsible for the vast majority of gun crime, and more crime is committed with objects other than Rifles of all types ???

Answer that and then we can have that talk, and bitch about the broken record thing.
                Do these new regulations not cover more than rifles? From what I can tell it does, and to me it looks like you're trying to dismiss all that's being introduced with this new legislation on the basis that you think it's revolved around assault rifles and ignoring some of what I think are great additions.

Corvallis despite your unnecessarily crude reply, you're not going to gain any ground telling some people that guns are different than fists and knives. Don't bother going down that dead end road.

Comment

I'm sad because no one is griping and arguing about my post... :(

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                    I'm sad because no one is griping and arguing about my post... :(
                    The school yard part is silly yes. If someone is going that far, they're not worried about the consequences. Tougher punishments for gun related crime however is one of the points I greatly agree with.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                      Do these new regulations not cover more than rifles?
                      It covers some shotguns as well. Technically it covers pistols, but aside from magazine capacity it hasn't changed. It could ALMOST classify my 70 year old Mosin Nagant as an assault rifle, that's how FUBARed it is.

edit; they specify semi-auto. didn't see that

Full law here
                      Enacts the NY Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement (SAFE) Act of 2013.

Comment

Don't put that eighth round into your ten round magazine when you want to go on a rampage!

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                          Geeze, that's a really hard question, but let me try to answer: because you can't ban hands, feet or baseball bats you fucking retard.
                          then we ban murder, rape, assault, and violent crime in general......................Oh wait

Why cant we ban ball bats they hurt people too and people use them for illegitimate purposes too ? You should have to prove you are a member of a ball team and show a acceptable need for having your own bat.

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW
                          Comparing AR-15s to knives is like comparing apples to dragons.
                          How so, they both can thank their development to the act of war?? They are both tools that can be used for a verity of jobs ranging from recreation to saving your life. Both can be used for nefarious purpose as easily as the other. (Look at the UK, with a violent crime rate 4 times that of the US, guess what knives and clubs are way up there on the list criminals now use).

And again the while they are 2 different classes of weapon, one is no more inherently dangerous than the other, and the official FBI stats prove that knives are used to kill more people than ALL RIFLES not just AR15s and by a large margin. Fuck sake a good ol fashioned ass kicking leads to more deaths than RIFLES.

its old and tired but its still true.

Blaming the firearm is like me blaming my keyboard for all my miss spelling and punctuation errors.

Or the spoon for making Mikey Moore Fat.

And if guns kill people, in that case all mine must be defective!!!!

Should I send them back to the manufacture and have the kill people parts installed?? because they obviously must have forgotten those when they assembled them

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                            Tougher punishments for gun related crime however is one of the points I greatly agree with.
                            Have any statistics to back up your assumption that harsher penalties reduce crimes?

How has the 3 strike rule worked out in California?

How does any of the proposed legislation keep guns out of the hands of criminals vs law-abiding citizens? Pull up gun crime statistics in Chicago, D.C. and England after the ban of hand guns?

The "need" argument is bullshit as well. I don't need a 420hp 160mph muscle car to drive to work every day either, so find a fact-based argument instead of tired anecdotes and personal feelings.
                            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

7 fucking rounds really 7 fucking rounds my 22 holds more than that jesus , isn't that i bit ridiculous
                              88 325is Five Speed
                              Lachssilber

Comment

Working...
                              X