3d printable firearm...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3d printable firearm...

Interested to hear everyone's opinion on this one....

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...153109290.html
    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Further proof that gun control is a myth, losing battle, waste of time. People will always find a way to arm themselves when they want it bad enough.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by willworkfore30s View Post
      Further proof that gun control is a myth, losing battle, waste of time. People will always find a way to arm themselves when they want it bad enough.
      Exactly. Also, unless I'm mistaken, bullets are still metal. Casings are still metal.
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Do you advocate allowing felons to buy guns? Or how about we get rid of background checks entirely? No point in trying right?

Comment

If criminals are always going to break laws, why even have any to begin with?

That means we can eliminate all police forces and congressmen/women.
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Do you advocate allowing felons to buy guns? Or how about we get rid of background checks entirely? No point in trying right?
            I don't advocate any of that. I'm not against gun regulation but to think that increasing those regulations is going to decrease violent murders is just plain dumb.

Exactly. Also, unless I'm mistaken, bullets are still metal. Casings are still metal.
            They have 3d printers now that can print liquid metal.

"How can you ban a box and a spring"

"The only defense against a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"
            sigpic

Comment

Its been said thousands of times but bad guys are going to get guns. Why does taking them away from good guys make sense to you people. Thats like saying the rest of us safe drivers shouldn't use the roads because there are people that like to drive recklessly
              sigpic

Comment

"The only defense against a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"
                Ah, going full derp on this one right? That guy is the last person worth quoting on gun issues.

Comment

Well, while I am opinionated on the subject, I'll admit that I am not the most well informed. I haven't taken the time to do tons of research on the topic so I won't get into a heated debate. I have no idea who that guy is. But I don't disagree with what he said. I feel like there is a good reason Obama's gun legislation didn't go through. I do feel like taking guns out of the hands of legal law abiding owners is a mistake and unconstitutional.

And I only have an issue with the printing of guns like in the video if I am not allowed to do it. Because I know that someone else who is not allowed to do it will do it anyway and I will be the guy with a knife at the gun fight
                  sigpic

Comment

Lol most 3d printers are more expensive than guns anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by travish325 View Post
                      Correct, theyre much more expensive. But I think in a few years they'll become more affordable. as for the actual priniting of the lowers for the rifles.

As for gun control, I don't think banning any type of rifle or handgun will make a difference. If you look at statistics most people are killed with "gun violence" by suicide, a little more than half. The rest of these deaths due to "gun violence" include gang violence, accidents, homicides, and of course tragic mass shootings. However the number of people killed from mass shooting is a fraction of the people killed each tear due to gub violence. Mass shootings are disgusting, yes, but our governemnt should focus on something greater like prevention of suicide if they want to make a dent in reducing the deaths related to guns each year.

Comment

Well, while I am opinionated on the subject, I'll admit that I am not the most well informed.
                        Go do some research outside of Rush and Hannity and come back.
                        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I DONT UNDERSTAND THE HUGE ISSUE WITH 3D PRINTING AND GUNS

The technology that is even remotely affordable for the average person (My friend built a 3d printer for 800 dollars) will not produce parts strong enough for use in a firearm.

Anyone with 1000 dollars and some time could buy a manual milling machine, a case of 80% AR15 lowers and have a stack of them ready for use in a rifle in an afternoon. Yes, real aluminum ones.
                          This is also completely legal.
                          1991 335is in progress

Comment

Originally posted by travish325 View Post

Because 3d printers can only be used to print guns :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
                              Interested to hear everyone's opinion on this one....

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...153109290.html

was looking into this for awhile as I was planning on having a majority of my weapons made and don't plan on distributing them or selling them. It's a decent read.
                              NRG Quick Release/MOMO Hubs|NRG Limited Edition Deep Dish Wheels|NRG Wood Wheels|Nardi|
                              9five Eyewear|Day of the Dead Tees|
                              WORK Wheels|Lug Nuts|
                              STĂ„TUS|
                              Got Juice?|

Comment

Working...
                              X